Alex Jones releases secret taped conversation with Megyn Kelly

What on Earth can Megyn Kelly discuss that is actually secret? Has she secretly been a government agent, or something? "Not widely known/communicated," "off the record," and "secret" are not the same things.

There is nothing there that is incriminating towards Megyn Kelly.

My opening comments notwithstanding, what's "secret" in this matter, if anything, was Jones' taping the conversation without Kelly's awareness he was doing so. If there's something untoward about the conversation and how it transpired, it's Jones' behavior not Kelly's words.

I fully agree with the following that Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder wrote in their letter to "someone."

“By choosing to air his interview with Ms. Kelly — at all, let alone at prime time on Father’s Day — NBC has tendered its good name and considerable influence to provide Mr. Jones with something he has never enjoyed: legitimacy,"​

The essence of that remark is among the most useful lessons that from my parents I learned as a kid; I practice to this day. It's something I've taught my own kids. The lesson: do not dignify fools and foolishness by responding to them or it. One can't always control the appearance of either in one's life, but one nearly always has control over whether gives merit to them/it by responding in substance. In this "social media era," one might rephrase the axiom as "do not feed the trolls." Why Kelly and NBC, custody matter notwithstanding, didn't let Jones, as he long has, languish in -- or revel in, depending on how one may view him -- the realm of his beloved conspiracy theories and their subscribers is beyond me.
NBC has tendered its good name and considerable influence to provide Mr. Jones with something he has never enjoyed: legitimacy,"

Having not seen the interview, I cannot say whether Kelly is giving him legitimacy

By airing his rants and challenging them, I cannot see this as legitimizing his crazy theories. What it does is confirm that there are many Americans who believe these crazy theories and our President is one of them
He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.
– Elbert Hubbard

The man's rants are so absurd that they don't deserve the effort it takes to challenge them.

What on Earth can Megyn Kelly discuss that is actually secret? Has she secretly been a government agent, or something? "Not widely known/communicated," "off the record," and "secret" are not the same things.

My opening comments notwithstanding, what's "secret" in this matter, if anything, was Jones' taping the conversation without Kelly's awareness he was doing so. If there's something untoward about the conversation and how it transpired, it's Jones' behavior not Kelly's words.

I fully agree with the following that Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder wrote in their letter to "someone."

“By choosing to air his interview with Ms. Kelly — at all, let alone at prime time on Father’s Day — NBC has tendered its good name and considerable influence to provide Mr. Jones with something he has never enjoyed: legitimacy,"​

The essence of that remark is among the most useful lessons that from my parents I learned as a kid; I practice to this day. It's something I've taught my own kids. The lesson: do not dignify fools and foolishness by responding to them or it. One can't always control the appearance of either in one's life, but one nearly always has control over whether gives merit to them/it by responding in substance. In this "social media era," one might rephrase the axiom as "do not feed the trolls." Why Kelly and NBC, custody matter notwithstanding, didn't let Jones, as he long has, languish in -- or revel in, depending on how one may view him -- the realm of his beloved conspiracy theories and their subscribers is beyond me.
NBC has tendered its good name and considerable influence to provide Mr. Jones with something he has never enjoyed: legitimacy,"

Having not seen the interview, I cannot say whether Kelly is giving him legitimacy

By airing his rants and challenging them, I cannot see this as legitimizing his crazy theories. What it does is confirm that there are many Americans who believe these crazy theories and our President is one of them
He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.
– Elbert Hubbard

The man's rants are so absurd that they don't deserve the effort it takes to challenge them.

I agree Alex Jones should just be laughed off as a crackpot

But when millions listen to the crackpot and take him seriously he becomes a concern
When our own President listens to the crackpot and takes him seriously, he becomes a concern

upload_2017-6-16_10-55-57.png

Exclusive Video: MSM No Longer Controls The Narrative

– Elbert Hubbard

I agree Alex Jones should just be laughed off as a crackpot

But when millions listen to the crackpot and take him seriously he becomes a concern
When our own President listens to the crackpot and takes him seriously, he becomes a concern
But when millions listen to the crackpot and take him seriously he becomes a concern.

Alex Jones reaches about three million people via his radio show. There are about 250M adults in the U.S. and about 60M of them voted in the 2016 election. But for Kelly, far more millions would never have heard of Alex Jones, let alone know what he thinks about anything.

When/if the POTUS starts attributing policy ideas to Jones, I'll agree with you. Until then, I consider the guy just another conspiracy theorist not worth giving the time of day.

Forum List

Back