Alabama becomes the 22nd Constitutional Carry state...no permit needed to carry a gun if you are a law abiding citizen.

That’s a question both ridiculous and irrelevant.

What's ridiculous is that you ignore messages to you, directly replying and/or rebutting incorrect or just plain dumb statements you made about the Constitution and rights and the law, and instead you chose to make irrelevant comments about something directed to someone else.

That's called confession by projection. You pretend you are capable of making reasoned, correct argument and then display total intellectual paralysis when you are challenged to defend your stupidity.

Such as this . . .

As with all laws, firearm regulatory measures are presumed to be Constitutional until the courts rule otherwise.

That is flat wrong.

Fundamental rights demand a higher deference from legislatures and judges, when a law burdens / implicates protected conduct and/or challenged as violative of a fundamental right, judges apply strict scrutiny.

Strict scrutiny begins with the presumption that the law at issue is unconstitutional.

The right to keep and bear arms for self defense has been deemed a fundamental right; of course the Court (with justly earned criticism from both left and right) have declined setting a firm standard to apply the 2ndA to law. I don't think we will be waiting much longer.

What's ridiculous is that you ignore messages to you, directly replying and/or rebutting incorrect or just plain dumb statements you made about the Constitution and rights and the law, and instead you chose to make irrelevant comments about something directed to someone else.

That's called confession by projection. You pretend you are capable of making reasoned, correct argument and then display total intellectual paralysis when you are challenged to defend your stupidity.

Such as this . . .

That is flat wrong.

Fundamental rights demand a higher deference from legislatures and judges, when a law burdens / implicates protected conduct and/or challenged as violative of a fundamental right, judges apply strict scrutiny.

Strict scrutiny begins with the presumption that the law at issue is unconstitutional.

The right to keep and bear arms for self defense has been deemed a fundamental right; of course the Court (with justly earned criticism from both left and right) have declined setting a firm standard to apply the 2ndA to law. I don't think we will be waiting much longer.

I really, really hope Justice Thomas gets to write that opinion....I think Bush's gift to the left....Justice Roberts, will take the opinion and water it down to pointlessness again....

Apples and oranges, and one that avoids the point I made.
A proper analogy is for a state to require permit before a person can stand on a street corner with a sign that says "Jesus Saves".

Why do you not understand the state does not have standing to issue as permit for the basic exercise of a right?
He's a Fudd.

I really, really hope Justice Thomas gets to write that opinion....I think Bush's gift to the left....Justice Roberts, will take the opinion and water it down to pointlessness again....

I hoped for Thomas too but I doubt it will be him. Looking the authorship of the recent published opinions, it is less likely those Justices would be writing such a significant opinion as NYSRPA . . . Thomas wrote Tsarnaev v US issued on March 4th.

I'm now hoping for Kavanaugh, given his advocacy for using "text, informed by history and tradition" in his dissent in Heller II, as the interpretive doctrine for RKBA cases.

I hoped for Thomas too but I doubt it will be him. Looking the authorship of the recent published opinions, it is less likely those Justices would be writing such a significant opinion as NYSRPA . . . Thomas wrote Tsarnaev v US issued on March 4th.

I'm now hoping for Kavanaugh, given his advocacy for using "text, informed by history and tradition" in his dissent in Heller II, as the interpretive doctrine for RKBA cases.

Yeah.....I don't put any faith in Kavanaugh, but I guess any non-leftist is better than Roberts......It is the best we can hope for...

Forum List

Back