Al Qaida threat worse under Obama

It's only a rule because a particular whiney-arsed conservative bitched and moaned about. There are not many rules for this board, and there are even less stupid rules. However, that one fits the bill....

But you do admit that altering a post to make it mean something entirely different than what the original poster meant is a dishonest tactic of debate . yes?

Umm, here's what gunny said, you moron

Well, I agree with you on that. I usually only quote what I'm responding to cause I hate scrolling through a thread where someone has written a book and everyone else has quoted it to reply. I consider it ommission rather than alteration. So far I've only had one poster whine that I didn't quote ALL his post and as it was the board's favorite Union cheerleader I considered the source and overlooked it.

It is still fine to post only that from a quote which you wish to respond to.

Which part of "It is still fine to post only that from a quote which you wish to respond to" do you not understand?

I don't understand why Gunny ended a sentence with a preposition. It should have been, "It is fine to post from a quote only that to which you wish to respond."

Gunny knows better than that. Are you sure you didn't change his quote?

Clinton Signs Iraq Liberation Act

I knew I'd find it before you did. It was 1998.

The Iraq Liberation Act says nothing about the US invading Iraq or overthrowing it's govt.

More dishonesty from you, imagine that. He said that Clinton signed a bill that supported over throwing Saddam.. HE was correct.

Here's what he really said

Clinton, as POTUS, signed the bill that said it was the goal of the United States to free the Iraqi people from the regime of Saddam Hussein. That means, you OVERTHROW HIS ASS BY FORCE!

Obviously, he was claiming that the ILA authorizes US force against Iraq, even though it doesn't

Can you ever admit that you are wrong about anything?

Yes. Wish I could say the same for you

Look junior, this is important, to be an effective debtor, you MUST be willing to admit defeat when you have lost. YOU never do.

So you're going to admit you were wrong when you said that my deleting a picture from a quote was against the rules?

Or are you going to wimp out again?

Last edited:
As you said, there are shades of gray. Does he believe in total government ownership of everything? No. but he does believe in a state directed economy. He doesn't trust capitalism to run on its own.

And as the recent financial crisis proved - he was right. It's all about checks and balances. A mixture of both is good IMO...

But you do admit that altering a post to make it mean something entirely different than what the original poster meant is a dishonest tactic of debate . yes?

It is still fine to post only that from a quote which you wish to respond to.

Which part of "It is still fine to post only that from a quote which you wish to respond to" do you not understand?

I don't understand why Gunny ended a sentence with a preposition. It should have been, "It is fine to post from a quote only that to which you wish to respond."

I'm sure you're scrambling hard to not admit you were wrong to say it's against the rules. You're too scared to admit making a mistake.

Well, that profoundly intelligent reply certainly settles the issues here. My gawd! Where did you go to school? Don't tell me. Government school then a liberal professor's club.

If you can't argue a point, you simply say that your opponent is clueless.

However, more often than not it is the lack of a sustainable, logical, truthful argument that prompts the easy out such as you took there. You would not fare well in seriously critiqued debate. That argument just doesn't pass muster.

I usually reserve my profoundly intelligent replies to profoundly intelligent questions or points. When you offer up either, we'll take it from there.....:cool:

I'm sure you're scrambling hard to not admit you were wrong to say it's against the rules. You're too scared to admit making a mistake.
My thinking it is chickenshit to cut part of a quote has nothing to do with whether it is permitted. I said nothing of reporting your chickenshit ass for it...I just pointed out the patently obvious FACT that you are intellectually dishonest for cutting the quote. My opinion cannot be wrong.

As you said, there are shades of gray. Does he believe in total government ownership of everything? No. but he does believe in a state directed economy. He doesn't trust capitalism to run on its own.

And as the recent financial crisis proved - he was right. It's all about checks and balances. A mixture of both is good IMO...

Certainly a mixture of both is good, because simple human greed dictates that you don't let the fox guard the henhouse , but he believes in MUCH more than that.

We could argue for a month about whether his stimulus package did anything to help the financial crisis. I think the proof would be that so far no it hasn't.

Sadly Dr, I am going to jump out of this thread, because I've just had it with Sangha's constant attempt to doosh up a perfectly good thread . Once again it was good debating with you, maybe we can catch each other on another thread.

My thinking it is chickenshit to cut part of a quote has nothing to do with whether it is permitted. I said nothing of reporting your chickenshit ass for it...I just pointed out the patently obvious FACT that you are intellectually dishonest for cutting the quote. My opinion cannot be wrong.

You said I broke the rules. You were wrong as my quote from Gunner proved

You lack the courage to admit it.

That piece of shit is famous for calling someone wrong for posting their opinion. Enjoy this thread. I'm out.

Certainly a mixture of both is good, because simple human greed dictates that you don't let the fox guard the henhouse , but he believes in MUCH more than that.

We could argue for a month about whether his stimulus package did anything to help the financial crisis. I think the proof would be that so far no it hasn't.

Sadly Dr, I am going to jump out of this thread, because I've just had it with Sangha's constant attempt to doosh up a perfectly good thread . Once again it was good debating with you, maybe we can catch each other on another thread.

You attacked me by falsely claiming that I broke the rules. Instead of admitting you were wrong, you want to blame me for your cowardly refusal to admit you were wrong.

Most of the stimulus package was by Bush - TARP especially. However, the alternative would have been a whole lot worse.....

That piece of shit is famous for calling someone wrong for posting their opinion. Enjoy this thread. I'm out.

You attacked me. You said I broke the rules. I didn't

The only question left is if you have the courage to admit your accusation was wrong.

Please direct me to the post wherein I am alleged to have said that. Please.

You may have me confused with some other asshole. You and some other asshole got into it about it bein' against the rules and you dared him to report you and he said he wasn't gonna do that...that's the way I remember it.

Find where I said you broke the rules. Let that be your next post in this thread.

You may have me confused with some other asshole. You and some other asshole got into it about it bein' against the rules and you dared him to report you and he said he wasn't gonna do that...that's the way I remember it.

Find where I said you broke the rules. Let that be your next post in this thread.

Okay, I gotta post one more thing.

I asked if it was against the rules. I didn't state he broke the rules, but of course being a dishonest piece of shit Sangha has to misconstrue that.

Have a nice evening.

I see you deleted the quote of mine that began this discussion. That would seem to be the sort of thing you wouldn't do because it's dishonest chickenshit

Oh wait, you are dishonest chickenshit!!

I asked if it was against the rules. I didn't state he broke the rules, but of course being a dishonest piece of shit Sangha has to misconstrue that.

Have a nice evening.

Who said it evades him also. Perhaps the Kool-Aid needs less sugar.

:D Adios! :D

I see you deleted the quote of mine that began this discussion. That would seem to be the sort of thing you wouldn't do because it's dishonest chickenshit

I have deleted nothing at all. There is nothing I can do inside your posts. You are becoming delusional. Perhaps some time in the country would help.

Have a nice evening.

Here's where conjob accused me of breaking the rules. In a previous post, conjob argued that I had altered the post Then he says that my alteration is an "offense"

Isn't altering someones quotes an offense?

If you think a picture is a quote, maybe you should stick to comic books

But go ahead and look like a fool by reporting me.

I dare you!!

A picture inside a quote is certainly part of the quote, learn your copyright rules.

However, I did not, nor will I report you.

Last edited:

I have deleted nothing at all. There is nothing I can do inside your posts. You are becoming delusional. Perhaps some time in the country would help.

Sure you have. And now you're lying about it because you're a dishonest chickenshit

Forum List

Back