"Al Jazeera - Propaganda machine"

Daniyel

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
LA
"The United States would not allow an Al-Qaeda channel to broadcast from New York," he fired. "Thus we will prevent Al-Jazeera from broadcasting from Israel."

Read More

God Bless Lieberman. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Al Jazeera is NOT Al Queda.

They are a legitimate news outlest and provide a good alternative point of view. Why does Israel dislike them?

They are a legitimate news outlest and provide a good alternative point of view. Why does Israel dislike them?
There is a reason for everything in this world.
Lieberman compared Al Jazeera to Al Qaeda's media stations(radio/TV/newspaper/web)
That "good alternative point of view" is literally against Israel and not always true, they got massive influence on the Middle East Arab states and also Arabs all over the world.
Those who fund Hamas and 18 other terrorist organizations just within Gaza, funds Al Jazeera and guess who they would legitimize?
for example open Al Jazeera – Breaking Political & Business News Updates from the Middle East and see for yourself not a single word about the Israeli fatalities, Israeli Officials, nothing at all.
It's the way you pick and put the news and it matter..
"Bodies of missing settlers found in West Bank"
VS "Palestinian teen killed in suspected revenge attack by hard-line Israelis"

Also read about:
Al Jazeera controversies and criticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Is Al Jazeera Anti-Semitic and Anti-American?

Qatar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the 'media' section of the article: Al-Jazeera is basically a mouthpiece for the Qatari royal family.

You might also want to take a look at the section describing Qatar's 'labor laws'........

It is very very far from being anything resembling a 'free' press !

any form of censorship is fascist.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jryz8EyeN4E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jryz8EyeN4E[/ame]

I agree. It is a legitimate news outlet and provides a good alternative point of view. One time I was in Crete for 2 months. On the TV I only got news programs in English. There were several 24 hour cable news stations, one of which was Al Jeezera. I watched Al Jeezera a lot because, in addition to news, they had a lot of well developed, in-depth documentaries. I found Al Jeezera to be as good and sometimes better at presenting the news as other outlets. They were certainly more in-depth and less biased as the news outlet from Israel. They are definitely not Al Qaeda.

Last edited:
It's not just Wiki - I've read any number of reports about the abuses of 'expat' workers there. And there is basically NO 'rule of law' there: it's pretty much an absolute monarchy. Not a form of government I'd ever trust.....guess I'm an inveterate American : ))

I agree that Al-Jazeera is more of a real news outlet than either RT or PressTV - but that's not really saying much : (( It's useful to become familiar with another perspective: I think it's important to do so.

American networks are driven by ratings - or what the honchos think the public wants. The problem I see is, they've all forgotten about journalism and 'news' is now treated as a *product*.

It's not just Wiki - I've read any number of reports about the abuses of 'expat' workers there. And there is basically NO 'rule of law' there: it's pretty much an absolute monarchy.
I concur, I watched this doc on Al Jazeera......:badgrin:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USpgXmVveHA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USpgXmVveHA[/ame]

It doesn't matter, Al Jazeera + Hamas = Bad for Israel, like I said it gives intentionally partial-side of the story, the side of the terrorists, which is what I'm against.
I'm actually positive about Arabian press mostly because not in every state it is obvious as it is in the US or any other Western State..most of the political ground established on politicians established on support from the citizens established on the media.
found what I was looking for:
517a7b67be48f.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't matter, Al Jazeera + Hamas = Bad for Israel, like I said it gives intentionally partial-side of the story, the side of the terrorists, which is what I'm against.
You call everyone who disagrees with you a terrorist.

Quite frankly, there are far too many media outlets kissing Israeli ass.
I Don't call them terrorists, I consider it dangerous to Israel when Al Jazeera promoting terrorists

Although I'm always reluctant to even hint at support for press censorship of any kind...

I can see this unfolding as a legitimate pursuit, in Israel - at least as a short-term measure.

Israel is at war.

In WWII, we did not allow Japan or Germany or Italy to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

In Korea, we did not allow North Korea or China to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

In Vietnam, we did not allow the North Vietnamese to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

In Gulf Wars I and II, we did not allow Iraq to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

And, in any of the above cases, we also prohibited anything similar from other allies or friends of our enemies, insofar as I am aware.

Al Jazeera does a better job than most Arabic news media, in attempting to mask its inherent bias, but enough leeches through or percolates up, that you end-up seeing the stain, anyway.

Al Jazeera is funded by the government of Qatar, a regional Muslim government, sympathetic to the Palestinians.

So, the Israelis are, apparently, preparing to close down Al Jazeera operations on Israeli soil - at least for the duration of the latest Gaza War, presumably.

We do it (suppressing enemy media or the media of countries sympathetic to our enemies) on an as-needed basis.

Most of the rest of the world does something similar.

We should, therefore, not be surprised when we see such behavior out of Israel, in keeping with what the rest of the world does under similar circumstances.

Dog bites Man.

MEH.

No big deal.

Last edited:
al jezeera refers to the Arabian peninsula------a place where the pig of mecca enacted
a comprehensive genocide of jews and to this day PERPETUATES the filth and stink of
his racist views.

Were Germany to re-embrace the islamo Nazi pig Adolf Hitler---today----it would
be right and proper for Israel as place of refuge from islamo Nazism---to exclude the
representatives and operatives of that ideology. Symbols are important to
Humans. Al jezeerah news service may exhibit some redeeming qualities ----I think
it does------but it is dirty by association

LOL.......it only took 16 posts before a Juden brought up Adolph Hitler and the Nazis.

LOL it lived about 60 years -----murdered and raped and thieved all its life-------
but it never learned to write its name----billions worship it and admire its
"great" accomplishments-------the meccaist pig remains a remarkable phenomenon
of filth-------spiritual guide to yet another meccaist hero-----despite the years that
separated them------to wit ADOLF HITLERHU AKBAAAAR <<<< song of the mosque

Last edited:
It's not just Wiki - I've read any number of reports about the abuses of 'expat' workers there. And there is basically NO 'rule of law' there: it's pretty much an absolute monarchy. Not a form of government I'd ever trust.....guess I'm an inveterate American : ))

I agree that Al-Jazeera is more of a real news outlet than either RT or PressTV - but that's not really saying much : (( It's useful to become familiar with another perspective: I think it's important to do so.

American networks are driven by ratings - or what the honchos think the public wants. The problem I see is, they've all forgotten about journalism and 'news' is now treated as a *product*.

overall I find al-Jazeera America informative and well balanced. It is more of a straight news than most other station. I like to hear both/all sides not just right or left.

I tend to agree.

You don't have to look very hard for some bias - with respect to coverage, tone, context, duration of any given spotlight-shining, etc. - but they seem to do OK re: objectivity, insofar as that can be discerned by your average couch-potato.

Still, there's an undercurrent there that I do not trust, and take with a grain of salt - or two.

overall I find al-Jazeera America informative and well balanced. It is more of a straight news than most other station. I like to hear both/all sides not just right or left.

Forum List

Back