Al Gore's son arrested on drug suspicion

Dude, have you ever been to Austin? It's a college town, it would unusual for a minor not to be in possession of alcohol and a fake I.D. LOL

Ever been to San Diego? The same is true for a 20-something and marijuana.

LOL, One of my favorite cities.

I've actually never been ;p. But I have a lot of friends from around there, and I used to go to LA and the surrounding area fairly often (which I hated). Everywhere I've been in California everyone smoked pot.

I'm trying to figure out what is so newsworthy about this. Did somebody get killed or hurt?

Nope. Its newsworthy because someone wanted to take a cheap shot at Al Gore. I.e...its not actually newsworthy.

I'm trying to figure out what is so newsworthy about this. Did somebody get killed or hurt?

Nothing about it is really newsworthy. Except for Al Sr.'s recent rise in popularity and visibility it would be nothing more than a blip on the screen.

Petty. I didn't even know Al Gore HAD a son.:rofl:

Yup, petty , but thats how this country operates with famous or infamous people. As to your original question , did anyone get hurt or killed? When the young Kennedy was driving under the influence in the wee hours of the morning in DC, am I to infer that was not news worth because no one got hurt or killed?

so then Paris Hilton's behavior isn't her parents fault for lack of discipline?

This kid is the son of Al Gore, he's a reflection of his dad. thats how the media will see this.. oh wait... the liberal media will probably not even mention this story......never mind

Having a son who snorted coke, and crashed his car while driving smashed, didn't stop George H Bush from becoming President.

so then Paris Hilton's behavior isn't her parents fault for lack of discipline?

This kid is the son of Al Gore, he's a reflection of his dad. thats how the media will see this.. oh wait... the liberal media will probably not even mention this story......never mind

It takes a real fucking genius to post a story from a Main stream news source and then claim two seconds later that the media won't mention the story.

And a minor note to correct a misconception.

He was stopped for doing 100 MPH, that is illegal EVERY where in the US. I do not know California law but In NC if your doing 16 or more MPH over the posted limit and have no reasonable explanation they can and usually do take your license for a year.

Further he had like 4 different prescription medications in the car with him, none of which were his. Granted in this state that is normally not a felon either but that is 7 or 8 specific charges, 5 of which relate to drug use.

Now granted if he were not related to some important person it would not be national news but comparing his charges to the Bush girls is a major stretch. And they wouldn't have been national news either if their parents were not also important.

Ummm...point of order, DeadCanDance:

Clinton lied about a blowjob UNDER OATH. That's perjury - a felony.

My prayers and best wishes go out to the Gore family. I don't wish kid trouble on anybody.

So Libby wasn't under oath when he lied in front of a grand jury?

Are you people alive? Is this a bot board?

Did Clinton get 30 Months in jail for his Felony? Did he even get a conviction for his Felony?

Concerning Clinton:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_v._Jones

On April 12, 1999, Wright found Clinton in contempt of court for "intentionally false" testimony in Jones v. Clinton, fined him $90,000, and referred the case to the Arkansas Supreme Court's Committee on Professional Conduct, as Clinton still possessed a law license in Arkansas.

The Arkansas Supreme Court suspended Clinton's Arkansas law license in April 2000. On January 19, 2001, Clinton agreed to a five-year suspension and a $25,000 fine in order to avoid disbarment and to end the investigation of Independent Counsel Robert Ray (Starr's successor).

Concerning Libby:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_Libby#Presidential_commutation_of_prison_sentence

The commutation left in place the felony conviction, the $250,000 fine, and the terms of probation.

Each of them got into trouble. Each of them had to pay a price.

Did Clinton get 30 Months in jail for his Felony? Did he even get a conviction for his Felony?

Oh I've been waiting for you to talk to me. You look like one of those tough guys. I love tough guys. And my gaydar is going off big time. I bet you and me are going to end up being an item.

But first, you need to re-read his posts.

Clinton lied about a blowjob UNDER OATH. That's perjury - a felony.

Now, did Libby lie under oath, or not? Answer the question and our first dinner is on me tough boy.

Seriously, do you just make stuff up as you go along?

Clinton wasn't convicted of ANY felonies. He was acquited by the Senate of perjury and obstruction. And no prosecutor choose to indict him for perjury or any felony.

If you're somehow thinking of his civil fine, and disbarment, those weren't based on any felony convictions

Clinton wasn't convicted of ANY felonies. He was acquited by the Senate of perjury and obstruction. And no prosecutor choose to indict him for perjury or any felony.

If you're somehow thinking of his civil fine, and disbarment, those weren't based on any felony convictions

I was going to get to that part with the big tough sgt man. But first I wanted to see if he could read a post. And I like to take my time, especially when I've found myself a repressed case.

Uh. Hello. Clinton was declared to be in contempt of court. Oh. You are talking about the Senate – not the Judiciary. My mistake. Carry on.

Forum List

Back