Aircraft graveyard

I

Indofred

Looking at the new pictures of the aircraft graveyard - found these - no clue what they are.

what by Indofred, on Flickr

Looking at the new pictures of the aircraft graveyard - found these - no clue what they are.

Look kind of like the first test planes of super sonic flight but I could not find an exact image match. They might be mock-ups perhaps.

Maybe gliders to test airframe designs or something experimental that never got anywhere.
I have no idea, and can't find a thing about an aircraft with that configuration.

Look kind of like the first test planes of super sonic flight but I could not find an exact image match. They might be mock-ups perhaps.

Maybe gliders to test airframe designs or something experimental that never got anywhere.
I have no idea, and can't find a thing about an aircraft with that configuration.
They look similar to the MiG-105. I seem to remember I had a Matchbox model of something very similar that was a 'spaceplane'. Also maybe scramjet prototypes. Whatever it was it was not made for taking corners.

Looks like the same sort of lines- built for speed, not a dogfight.
I'm guessing they were experimentals that outlived their use, or towed drones or gliders to test airframe design.
I'm wondering what they were.
Whatever they are, they look cool.

Forum List

Back