After $15 billion and 450 miles, Joe Biden will halt border wall, Trump’s signature project

WASHINGTON — Mexico never paid for any of it. It’s less than half finished. And on Jan. 20 or soon thereafter, construction will come to an abrupt halt on the “big beautiful wall” that President Donald Trump promised to build along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The project has cost $15 billion so far, most of it diverted from the military budget after Congress refused to provide full funding.

President-elect Joe Biden vowed during the campaign to kill the project, but leave in place whatever the Trump administration leaves behind.

At the moment, that’s about 400 miles worth of levee wall and 30-foot-tall bollard fencing, though nearly all of that mileage already had some sort of barrier before Trump took office. Only 12 miles did not.

The rest is upgrade or replacement for shorter, less sturdy fencing, or a second layer of barrier meant to slow migrants and smugglers long enough for the Border Patrol to arrive.

Although Biden won’t push to dismantle Trump’s physical legacy, he will undo sharp curbs on refugee admissions and a host of other immigration policies put in place through executive order.

Much more at the link below...

Sounds great to me! I welcome President Biden terminating this boondoggle that diverted funds from the military. What do you think?

Already proving to be a factually bad president, and he's not even in office.

WASHINGTON — Mexico never paid for any of it. It’s less than half finished. And on Jan. 20 or soon thereafter, construction will come to an abrupt halt on the “big beautiful wall” that President Donald Trump promised to build along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The project has cost $15 billion so far, most of it diverted from the military budget after Congress refused to provide full funding.

President-elect Joe Biden vowed during the campaign to kill the project, but leave in place whatever the Trump administration leaves behind.

At the moment, that’s about 400 miles worth of levee wall and 30-foot-tall bollard fencing, though nearly all of that mileage already had some sort of barrier before Trump took office. Only 12 miles did not.

The rest is upgrade or replacement for shorter, less sturdy fencing, or a second layer of barrier meant to slow migrants and smugglers long enough for the Border Patrol to arrive.

Although Biden won’t push to dismantle Trump’s physical legacy, he will undo sharp curbs on refugee admissions and a host of other immigration policies put in place through executive order.

Sounds great to me! I welcome President Biden terminating this boondoggle that diverted funds from the military. What do you think?

Thought all you retarded children were claiming Trump didn't BUILD any "new wall"?

And Mexico DID PAY.. For their job in border security on THEIR side of the wall.. Did their part to screen asylum cases BEFORE people crossed and stepped up their military to control the border and provided refugee aid to the migrants..

Thought all you retarded children were claiming Trump didn't BUILD any "new wall"?

And Mexico DID PAY.. For their job in border security on THEIR side of the wall.. Did their part to screen asylum cases BEFORE people crossed and stepped up their military to control the border and provided refugee aid to the migrants..

Sounds like you didn't read the OP very carefully. Not surprised...

Cut the US military by half but keep the wall
The wall is very effective and would be done in 2 yrs
The USA military is a bloated disgrace

Tell us, wise one. Where would you cut the military? This country has powerful enemies:Russia, China, Iran and lots of wacko terrorists. A strong military deters aggression and keeps us safe. Perhaps you would volunteer to defend us from the Russians, Chinese, Iran and North Korea yourself? I'll even lend you a rifle and some ammo. I got some swords, too and you can use those.

Bid Deal. The Wall remains and the next GOP President will resume construction.

Electorally, Dems are screwed.

Joe Biden’s coalition is whiter, wealthier – and will not stick around

Biden’s win depended on suburbanites tired of Trump, who voted Republican down ballot and will certainly vote Republican in future elections. . .

Democrats may have accomplished their near-term goal, but in the long term the party is in an extraordinarily weak place, built on a rickety coalition united only by a hatred of a president who will soon no longer be a threat. The Democrats took the shortest route to beating Trump, but in the process irreparably damaged their ability to build a governing majority and implement progressive policy. . .

Most concerningly, Democrats hemorrhaged votes among non-white working-class voters. . . Even in the crucial states Biden was able to flip, Trump reduced Democrat margins in Detroit, Milwaukee and Philadelphia. These results are setting off alarm bells among Democrats.

Negative Coattails

1605255299836.png

Democrats say “there’s too much money in politics.”

1605255483584.png

They spray money with firehoses and get very little for it.

Late in the game for Dems

1605255652286.png

Tell us, wise one. Where would you cut the military? This country has powerful enemies:Russia, China, Iran and lots of wacko terrorists. A strong military deters aggression and keeps us safe. Perhaps you would volunteer to defend us from the Russians, Chinese, Iran and North Korea yourself? I'll even lend you a rifle and some ammo. I got some swords, too and you can use those.
The only enemy is the “ enemy within “
None of those nations are any threat if we stop influencing their regions
USA is the main aggressor in the World and the endless wars will continue with buffoon retard Biden

Those nations are no threat !! It’s USA military that is the main destabilized in the world
The only threat is the “enemy from within “

Since illegals cost we the tax payer billions every year I vote to complete the wall and kick every illegal in our country out. Those billions could be use for many other things. Only an idiot wants illegal in this country.

I thought Trump wasn't building a wall. That's what everyone was saying, right? He hasn't built any wall so why would they stop building a wall that wasn't being built to begin with?

The wall has saved thousands of lives and it’s only 40 percent done ? Why would you want to risk the safety of yourself and family ??
The USA Military is the most bloated waste of $$ in the history of mankind. Cut the military budget by 30 percent
The wall is pennies and saves lives ..

Wall is 450miles and the boarder is 2000miles... Where did you goto school...

The wall is pretty useless unless in built up areas... It is totally useless to tunnelling. Most people out stay there visas rather than going over a wall.

The wall is a joke and will have very limited places it can work... Even a double barrier fence is far more effective as means of keeping people out......

What do I think? I think you are a fucking moron.
I think to demonstrate what a brilliant idea this is, yo must immediately remove the locks off all your windows and doors. Then remove the entire wall off the front of your house. I then want you to sleep soundly in your bed, knowing how safe you are.

Nearly every thread at this forum SCREAMS.......
We NEED TO DIVIDE BEFORE WE KILL EACH OTHER!!!!! NOW !!!!!!!

No way in hell America is going to go forward as United States. Forget it !!!
Denying that reality is just promising bloodshed.

Divide the nation already....do NOT ALLOW cross contamination.
I have no doubt ONE side will wipe itself out soon enough then we can "re-unite"
No other way.

Texas militia needs to secure the border

You leftist idiots have obliterated your white grandchildren’s future and you don’t even know it !!
With tens of millions of new trash from the 5th world and massive affirmative action..you might as well just dig those holes
But it’s somehow the kind, compassionate thing to do.
Watching libs protest a border wall, fight its construction, and cheer its demise is truly incredible. They hate it simply because “their side” tells them it’s bad.
We could all sit here and give them a thorough explanation of its benefits, its cost savings, how it greatly increases security, greatly slows illegal immigration, etc.
Wouldn’t matter one bit. Trump ran on it, therefore it must be bad.
Like history has shown us, nations often commit suicide. Case in point in this thread.

The wall has saved thousands of lives and it’s only 40 percent done ? Why would you want to risk the safety of yourself and family ??
The USA Military is the most bloated waste of $$ in the history of mankind. Cut the military budget by 30 percent
The wall is pennies and saves lives ..

Wall is 450miles and the boarder is 2000miles... Where did you goto school...

The wall is pretty useless unless in built up areas... It is totally useless to tunnelling. Most people out stay there visas rather than going over a wall.

The wall is a joke and will have very limited places it can work... Even a double barrier fence is far more effective as means of keeping people out......
Visa overstays are another huge problem. I run into these people daily, and see visas (as ID) that are long expired. Yet they live in apartments, drive cars, etc. no one tracks them down, which would be simple. Government agencies and places like the dmv facilitate them.
This will be the death of the United States. It’s already in its way.
But hey, the wall doesn’t solve every problem, therefore it’s shit, right?

Texas militia needs to secure the border
And the feds under Biden would prosecute all of them.
Face it, our days are number. Sad but true.

The impeached president trump had such high hopes for his wall.

He had big plans for the kickbacks he would receive in the years to come, from the contractors for the expensive maintenance and repairs on the completed wall. Not to mention the kickbacks he's already gotten from the builders.

"Without Evidence, BertramN Pushes Totally False Narrative of Trump Kickbacks Relating to the Border Wall."

So all the brouhaha over doing other things to curb illegals, you are now admitting you are full of shit.

Forum List

Back