African American Who Helped Build This Country Defends Himself From Racist Copper!

Really CP, do you honestly think if a black man would have grabbed his gun on an officer and just drove off nothing would have happened. Come on man, you are smarter than that.
Dude there's video of a cop above yours where a black guy pulls a gun on a cop and points it at him tells him he's going to shoot him and the cop doesnt shoot him.

Shut the fuck up you stupid fuck....
Oh, Anger Issues, it's fun to watch you stew...

Likely. Based on the number of interactions cops have with people and the number that end up with them not shooting someone. I get that the media has lead us to believe that every time a black guy gets pulled over the cops shoot him but that’s just not the case.

No, but it still happens too often..

yes, mostly the cops get it right. They execute 10 million arrests, 40 million traffic stops, and 1000 die. Most of those are probably justified.

But when it does go south, it tends to be pretty horrific. And people should be held accountable. That's how you restore trust.

Oh, Anger Issues, it's fun to watch you stew...

No, but it still happens too often..

yes, mostly the cops get it right. They execute 10 million arrests, 40 million traffic stops, and 1000 die. Most of those are probably justified.

But when it does go south, it tends to be pretty horrific. And people should be held accountable. That's how you restore trust.
Sure. One is too many. But the reality is we are dealing with people not robots. They ARE going to be mistakes. Assholes ARE going to slip through the process. People ARE going to get hurt as a result of those 2 facts unfortunately. But it's not a reason to demonize all police or act like there's a concerted effort in LE to kill black people in the street or that there's some "systematic" process at play here. The reality is 99+% of people don't engage with LE most of the time. How many times a year do you think the average person over 30 who doesn't drive like a maniac has an encounter LE? This is a guess but it's probably approaching zero. Like on average I'd wager it's less than one. But if you believe the police want to shoot you then stop doing stuff that causes you to have encounters with them. The chances of you getting shot by the police if you do not do things that cause you to have encounters with them goes down exponentially than if you do I'm guessing.

BTW it's not even close to 1000. 135 unarmed black people have been killed by police since 2015. And that's too many but it's not 1000 a year.

Sure. One is too many. But the reality is we are dealing with people not robots. They ARE going to be mistakes. Assholes ARE going to slip through the process. People ARE going to get hurt as a result of those 2 facts unfortunately. But it's not a reason to demonize all police or act like there's a concerted effort in LE to kill black people in the street or that there's some "systematic" process at play here. The reality is 99+% of people don't engage with LE most of the time. How many times a year do you think the average person over 30 who doesn't drive like a maniac has an encounter LE? This is a guess but it's probably approaching zero. Like on average I'd wager it's less than one. But if you believe the police want to shoot you then stop doing stuff that causes you to have encounters with them. The chances of you getting shot by the police if you do not do things that cause you to have encounters with them goes down exponentially than if you do I'm guessing.

BTW it's not even close to 1000. 135 unarmed black people have been killed by police since 2015. And that's too many but it's not 1000 a year.

Actually, 1000 is an accurate number... Of those, most came after a cop with a gun or a knife, and I don't have a lot of sympathy for them when they get shot, no matter what color they are.

So let's try to find some common agreement here. It's not fair that all cops are demonized by a few bad actors. Unfortunately, that is true of any group. Most undocumented aliens stay out of trouble, but the ones that don't are used to demonize all of them.

The problem here is not that cops aren't human and they don't screw up. The problem is that cops collectively try to protect the screwups.

Take Guyger, who shot that man in his house because she got confused as to what floor she was on. The first reaction of her fellow cops was to toss the man's apartment to see if they could find something he was doing that was illegal to try to justify it.

Or Van Dyke, who shot that kid 16 times. The other cops on the scene wrote completely bogus reports, the FOP issued a statement he was only shot once, the City of Chicago paid off the family with a NDA, and the State's Attorney did her best to bury it. The whole thing MIGHT have been buried if someone in the Cook County Coroner's office hadn't called bullshit on the whole thing.

I think better training would eliminate the screwups.
I also think that more transparency and accountability would restore the public's trust.

For instance, when Adam Toledo was recently shot by an officer, they released the video within days and openly discussed what happened. That's the proper way to handle such issues.

Likely. Based on the number of interactions cops have with people and the number that end up with them not shooting someone. I get that the media has lead us to believe that every time a black guy gets pulled over the cops shoot him but that’s just not the case.
10-12 million police encounters with law violators every year, 1000 deaths and only 400 of those are black.

10-12 million police encounters with law violators every year, 1000 deaths and only 400 of those are black.
is it really only 12 million a year? I would have thought it was way more than that. 696k LE in the US. If each one of them has 1 a day and I know that not all of them have encounters every day or even at all depending on what they do, but some have far more than 1 so it's just an average. That's 254 million a year.

Here is excellent analysis by a former cop! He says the "rookie" should not be a copper!

At 40 seconds when he tells him he we will let the dog loose.

At 2:15 the officer tells him, "you just put your hand on a gun"

He just drives away, now had he been black he would be dead as hell.

It is obvious you didn't watch the video or you are lying.

There was one mention of the perp touching a gun.
And he never raised the gun or pointed it at the officer.
Which of course is far different than the homie pointing his gun at the cop repeatedly.

Trump: 'I'm the king of debt' I will bankrupt the country.

Well, we've spent multi trillion dollars since Trump left office. Are the Democrats and Biden bankrupting the country?

tahuyaman, what island are you from before you entered my country most likely illegally?

Forum List

Back