Afghanistan: Another Diplomat Murdered In Attack By Radicals

About the woman executed in the soccer stadium......

What you never hear is the the woman had murdered her husband by hitting him in the head with a hammer while he was sleeping.

She was given a trial, found guilty, and sentenced to death.

Heck, we have the death penalty here in the U.S. and I can remember when a woman was executed when Bush was governor of Texas and signed the execution order.

I fail to see the difference between us and them?? .. :cool:

The Taliban was not put in place by America. We supported the mujahadeen, not the Taliban. The side we supported against the Russians was the same Northern Alliance that we supported against Saddam Hussien. What happened was that when the Russians left, the mujahadeen thought they won and went back to their villages leaving a void that the Taliban took advantage of.

We made a mistake in Afghanistan the first time. We supported the Afghans against the Russians and let the Afghans imagine that we would be there for them after the war was over. What happened was that we promptly abandoned the country to whatever cruel fate awaited it. The Taliban moved in and the United States said tsk tsk too bad for you. That's why we didn't leave this time and elected to put a stable government in place. Right up until obama was elected. His loyalty is to Al Aqaeda.

The Taliban WAS the muj.

The Northern Alliance was made up, in part, of the very people that fought with the Soviets.

Gosh..

Who were they "liberated" from? The Taliban?

You do know the Taliban is the result of US involvement in Afghanistan, right?

Wrong question. What were they liberated from. Not who. They were liberated from the ignorance of believing that they were less important than the males in their society. Through education they are liberated from dependency on others, they can make their own living, they can pursue a career, move to the USA and begin their own life. Operative word here being "THEIR OWN LIFE". Women are not property or chattel, Sunni man. As an american man I'd expect you to understand that. No matter where you are on the geography map. - Jeri

:lol:

You're something else.

That is what they tell me! :eusa_angel:

The Taliban were put into place by America. They were the first "liberators". The only reason America started paying any attention to them, was because they were hosting Al Qaeda camps dedicated to training nuts to attack this country.

Prior to that there were all sorts of human rights organizations pleading that something be done about them. I remember seeing a French Documentary that showed them killing women in a soccer stadium.

They are still killing people in soccer stadiums. They rounded up over 50,000 people at one time in Rwanda soccer stadium and killed all of them by machete. Can you imagine that blood bath? Stadiums are used in Iran for executions too according to Fallacis book, The rage and the pride. - Jeri

The Taliban was not put in place by America. We supported the mujahadeen, not the Taliban. The side we supported against the Russians was the same Northern Alliance that we supported against Saddam Hussien. What happened was that when the Russians left, the mujahadeen thought they won and went back to their villages leaving a void that the Taliban took advantage of.

We made a mistake in Afghanistan the first time. We supported the Afghans against the Russians and let the Afghans imagine that we would be there for them after the war was over. What happened was that we promptly abandoned the country to whatever cruel fate awaited it. The Taliban moved in and the United States said tsk tsk too bad for you. That's why we didn't leave this time and elected to put a stable government in place. Right up until obama was elected. His loyalty is to Al Aqaeda.

Personally I could give a flying-fuck right now.

I don't really care what happens to them because regardless what we do they will resent us. That is inherent in every Islamic society. The lack of appreciation when given aid.

Give any man free never ending support and he will learn to resent you.
"Aid" isn't invading or overthrowing governments you don't like so you can grab the natural resources..

That's called something else.

What you never hear is the the woman had murdered her husband by hitting him in the head with a hammer while he was sleeping.

Heck, we have the death penalty here in the U.S. and I can remember when a woman was executed when Bush was governor of Texas and signed the execution order.

Not according to the French Documentary.

She was executed for infidelity.

I wonder why the woman murdered her husband.

If she spent years getting her ass beat and she couldn't leave him because she was essentially trapped in a abusive marriage I can see how she felt she had no choice. They don't have the same options in Afghanistan that just about any woman in America has. Here they at least have an education and can get a job. Here they won't be shunned by their family if she tries to leave her abusive husband. In America an abused wife gets patronized not condemned.

Although the Northern Alliance fought against the Russians.

They were not popular with the Afghan people.

That is because the N.A. is mainly a Shi'ite group and Afghanistan is predominately a Sunni majority country.

The puppet Afghan government, police, and military, the U.S. has installed is almost totally Shia and will never be seen as legitimate by the Afghan sunni people.

This house of cards is basically doomed to failure once we withdraw from the country. .. :cool:

Another US diplomat has been killed yet unless you were watching Fox News you wouldn't know it. NBC is still focusing on grabbing guns and MSNBC is talking about Obamas idea to spend $100 million to map the brain.

ABCNews.com - Breaking News, Latest News & Top Video News - ABC News

No mention of N Korea ether. John Kerry was on the job mentioning how hot the dead diplomat was, a beautiful 25 year old woman, but no mention of going after the attackers.

Obama's senior advisor was on Sunday Fox with Chris Wallace talking about grabbing guns again. They want to force background checks at every level, government fees will be charged even if you're selling them out of the trunk of your Elantra. Try enforcing that one.

Seems the only thing Obama is interested in doing is taking our guns and brain-mapping. The safety of our troops and diplomats is nonexistent and our national security isn't even considered. Oh, and jobs. Fuck that. Obama has a comprehensive program of tax and spend to take care of that. All of the 53 million on food stamps that noticed a sharp reduction in their benefits will be thrilled to know Obama's on the job. Good Times folks.

Obama is releasing his budget and as predicted it includes an attack on the rich. He wants to change IRA rules so rich people can't save as much. Guess they'll have to send it to Cypress instead. One of these days Obama might learn that laws aren't supposed to be political tools or used to punish those whom you despise.

Good obs, mud. I was wondering about NK, too. This administration seems invested in letting as many Americans serving abroad as possible be sitting ducks.

Although the Northern Alliance fought against the Russians.

They were not popular with the Afghan people.

That is because the N.A. is mainly a Shi'ite group and Afghanistan is predominately a Sunni majority country.

The puppet Afghan government, police, and military, the U.S. has installed is almost totally Shia and will never be seen as legitimate by the Afghan sunni people.

This house of cards is basically doomed to failure once we withdraw from the country. .. :cool:

Because of sectarian violence Afghanistan is incapable of having any government that isn't totally cruel and oppressive to someone.

Another US diplomat has been killed yet unless you were watching Fox News you wouldn't know it. NBC is still focusing on grabbing guns and MSNBC is talking about Obamas idea to spend $100 million to map the brain.

That's funny!

You'd only know that if you were watching Fox News, yet your link is ABC News.

No mention of N Korea ether. John Kerry was on the job mentioning how hot the dead diplomat was, a beautiful 25 year old woman, but no mention of going after the attackers.
Speaking of not mentioning things, why is it you didn't mention the possible reason for her killing?

Maybe Afghan's didn't care for us killing their civilians?

Or maybe, they're just fuckin' sick of these air-strikes
...and want us the fuck out of their country!

Seems the only thing Obama is interested in doing is taking our guns and brain-mapping.
Well, at least he lets the troops keep theirs.

The safety of our troops and diplomats is nonexistent and our national security isn't even considered.
Why would it?

Afghanistan has nothing to do with our national security.

The US government responds to governments, not individuals. We are in those countries in the middle east because the governments want us there.

I wonder why the woman murdered her husband.

If she spent years getting her ass beat and she couldn't leave him because she was essentially trapped in a abusive marriage I can see how she felt she had no choice. They don't have the same options in Afghanistan that just about any woman in America has. Here they at least have an education and can get a job. Here they won't be shunned by their family if she tries to leave her abusive husband. In America an abused wife gets patronized not condemned.
I am surprised that you are sticking up for a convicted killer?

All I know is that she murdered her husband and was a convicted criminal. .. :cool:

I have talked to several Afghan people over the years.

In essence, they said it's not that they are opposed to women being educated.

But there are very few jobs in that country.

So only boys should receive an education in order to get those jobs.

Because they are the ones who will have to support a family once they grow up and get married.

And they do not want girls/women competing for the small number of employment opportunities in the country. ... :cool:

That was the thinking in Kentucky when I was a girl. Men need the jobs, so women shouldn't compete. But in my generation women outnuber the men by a fair amount, so what are they supposed to do live with their parents forever? And who supports them after the parents are gone?

Personally I could give a flying-fuck right now.

I don't really care what happens to them because regardless what we do they will resent us. That is inherent in every Islamic society. The lack of appreciation when given aid.

Give any man free never ending support and he will learn to resent you.
"Aid" isn't invading or overthrowing governments you don't like so you can grab the natural resources..

That's called something else.

How much oil have we stolen from the middle east?

I mean, hell, if we are stealing their oil then why do we have to pay what the oil cartel demands? If we are stealing it gas prices should be damn near nothing in this country.

That's funny!

You'd only know that if you were watching Fox News, yet your link is ABC News.

Speaking of not mentioning things, why is it you didn't mention the possible reason for her killing?

Maybe Afghan's didn't care for us killing their civilians?

Or maybe, they're just fuckin' sick of these air-strikes
...and want us the fuck out of their country!

Well, at least he lets the troops keep theirs.

The safety of our troops and diplomats is nonexistent and our national security isn't even considered.
Why would it?

Afghanistan has nothing to do with our national security.

The US government responds to governments, not individuals. We are in those countries in the middle east because the governments want us there.

The governments of these countries may not want us there, they just permit us to be there. While embassies and consulates might be permitted in war zones, those Americans who work at those facilities aren't there because the host government wants them, but because we chose to send them. This young girl, 25 years old, idealistic, inexperienced is prohibited by our laws from a post in a war zone. She "volunteered" so the rules were bent to allow her to go. She was just as foolish as the Italian woman who wanted to "marry" Afghanistan and decided to travel about dressed in a wedding dress. Pieces of her body were found scattered over several miles of desert. Both of them are dead because they believed in an inherent goodness of the Afghan people that isn't there. Anne Smedinghoff was murdered for the same reasons Lara Logan was so brutally assaulted in Egypt. They go places and don't know crap about where they are going or what they will do when they get there. Worse, there are no adults in charge to make sure this doesn't happen.

Americans and people from other western nations go to foreign countries with a strong sense of moral superiority towards the indigenous people living there.

Once known as colonialism; this has been going on for the last few centuries and continues today.

And when the people of these countries get feed up and strike back.

We can't seem to understand what the problem is.

And refer to them a brutal savages and crazed terrorists. .:cool:

Forum List

Back