Afghan President pardons rape victim as long as she marries the rapist

Deport the muslimes and repopulate Afghanistan with peaceful Buddhists

Give Pakistan and Afghanistan to India. Few clicks of a pen few bullets the other way it's a win win.

Give Pakistan and Afghanistan to India. Few clicks of a pen few bullets the other way it's a win win.

Pakistan and Afghanistan are so far gone, I doubt India even wants to take back those shit holes.

Are you suggesting that India is successful because it's not a muslime majority shithole? If so, you'd be correct :clap2:

It is a coincidence isn't it? odds are if India was a Muslim majority country, it would be the same as Pakistan.

Pakistan and Afghanistan are so far gone, I doubt India even wants to take back those shit holes.

Are you suggesting that India is successful because it's not a muslime majority shithole? If so, you'd be correct :clap2:

It is a coincidence isn't it? odds are if India was a Muslim majority country, it would be the same as Pakistan.

Muslimes are doomed because they believe only allah can will them success. Since they are backward troglodytes, it must mean allah wills it to be so.

Were it not for oil, a natural resource stolen from the Earth, the Arabs and Muslimes would be extinct.

Indeed and I am also saying that the only reason Pakistan is talking to Nato again is because of the advanced military maneuvers India has been doing on a large scale. Hmm Ally with the country that has a billion people and ill will towards a common enemy..... Noooo that would be smart. Lets keep letting women get raped. That'll show the world the power of US intervention.

My heart is so broken. And anyone who knows me, knows I speak the truth and truly my heart is crushed.

I have fought for women for decades now. Afghan women know I have battled for you year after year.

I fear we are losing. I'll continue but I think we are losing. Hold onto me sisters. I'll hold on to you.

I've been on this since the mid 90's. You won't beleive what they do to their women and children.

I like to think I can make a difference. Maybe I can't. But maybe I can having a voice on a board that lets me tell people how horrid life is for some folks.

Thanks US Message Board.

To think that our young men are getting killed and maimed to support this backward and corrupt government sickens me to the core. Time to stop interfering in the politics of backward countries and leave the Islamists to kill each other!

You bring up a good point Colin, because that is basically what is going, we are putting our men and women in harms way to protect this government that had a woman marry her rapist.:cuckoo:

I love my Prime Minister. Seriously, they were going to allow rape as part of marriage vows in Afghanistan a few years back.

My dude of conserative dudes my mr brown suit boring guy went "no fucking way". He said straight out we didn't let our boys die in your freaking country for women to get raped as part of your marriage commitment.

YAY STEPHEN HARPER!!!!

No kidding. That's my PM!!!!

My heart is so broken. And anyone who knows me, knows I speak the truth and truly my heart is crushed.

I have fought for women for decades now. Afghan women know I have battled for you year after year.

I fear we are losing. I'll continue but I think we are losing. Hold onto me sisters. I'll hold on to you.

I hate to say it but is the plight of Afghan and Muslim women really our fight? the only way we can change the way they are treated is to try to change their laws and culture and we have caught hell everytime we tried to help them in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, I feel for the plight of the women in these countries but I think we need to realize that the troubles of Muslim women are not our problem and there really isn't much we can do for them.

We've subjected our troops to a proxy war where they are fighting for Generals on a strict budget against locals who are funded by oil barons of the Persian Gulf who have bottomless pockets.

Additionally, every family in America who had to drive a car to work paid an average of $4,000+ in accelerated gas prices. Now the government is wanting to raise taxes by removing tax breaks for families effected in the last presidential administration and close down drilling in the Gulf of Mexico which threw tens of thousands of people out of jobs.

I thank our troops for showing the people in the Middle East the gentlemanly gestures of giving kids toys at Christmas, gooey Hershey bars, and teaching them sports and games. Some of them will remember us well because of our good troops.

A decision was made by Democrats to end the war by any means possible, declare victory and get out. This was and always will be a war of wills.

And I'm tired of our nation being divided over war. When we leave, if any of the quitter people get sick when someone shows them pictures of abuses after we left, I'm buying two rolls of duct tapes. One for their whiney mouths, and one for my ears. I'm not listening to nothing any more about people who think Saddam's murder toll of 1.5 million human beings off the face of the earth is sad, then scurry about making political hay out of ending the war that took out Saddam, but not the reasons that led up to the societies over there to change their future one iota when they are hell-bent to continue human rights abuses of women and children.

Strapping bombs onto babies to kill enemies is a bad thing. Iran staved off the mine field bombings placed in key areas by sending armies of undesirable children to find them with their feet, blowing them to bits.

That's the way they conduct war over there. They use people they have no use for to do their dirty work for them instead of getting scientists to develop equipment that locates buried IEDs, etc.

I'm so sorry.

Fucking sick and backwards.:cuckoo:

Hamid Karzai, Afghanistan President, Pardons Imprisoned Rape Victim

r-HAMID-KARZAI-AFGHANISTAN-large570.jpg

KABUL, Afghanistan — Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Thursday pardoned an Afghan woman serving a 12-year prison sentence for having sex out of wedlock after she was raped by a relative.

Karzai's office said in a statement that the woman and her attacker have agreed to marry. That would reverse an earlier decision by the 19-year-old woman, who had previously refused a judge's offer of freedom if she agreed to marry the rapist.

Her plight was highlighted in a documentary that the European Union blocked because it feared the women featured in the film would be in danger if it were shown.

More than 5,000 people recently signed a petition urging Karzai to release the woman. She had the man's child while in prison and raised her daughter behind bars, which is common among women imprisoned in Afghanistan.

A statement released by Karzai's office says that after hearing from judicial officials, the decision was made to forgive the rest of the sentence she received for having sex out of wedlock, a crime in Afghanistan. The presidential statement did not say when the woman was to be released or how much prison time had been pardoned.

The woman told The Associated Press in an interview last month that she had hoped that attention generated by the EU film might help her get released. With the film blocked, she said that she was losing hope and considering marrying her rapist as a way out. She said her attacker was pressuring her to stop giving interviews.

About half of the 300 to 400 women jailed in Afghanistan are imprisoned for so-called "moral crimes" such as sex outside marriage, or running away from their husbands, according to reports by the United Nations and research organizations. Fleeing husbands isn't considered a crime in Afghanistan.

The EU welcomed the woman's release.

"Her case has served to highlight the plight of Afghan women, who 10 years after the overthrow of the Taliban regime often continue to suffer in unimaginable conditions, deprived of even the most basic human rights," the European Union's Ambassador and Special Representative to Afghanistan, Vygaudas Usackas, said.

He said the EU hoped the same mercy would be extended to other women serving similar terms. Usackas said he planned to raise the issue of Afghan women's rights at an international conference on Afghanistan Dec. 5 in Bonn, Germany.

Hamid Karzai, Afghanistan President, Pardons Imprisoned Rape Victim

I'd marry him, and he'd die mysteriously in his sleep.

Forum List

Back