Affirmative Action Needs to Be Banned (all 50 states)

Affirmative action has been a major success in this country that all Americans have benefitted from

Bullshit.

Prior to affirmative action, blacks were primarily constrained to menial jobs while women were slotted to be secretaries, teacher, nurses and beauticians

Thanks to affirmative action we no longer think twice about a black or woman being a doctor, lawyer, manager....even President

So you admit Obama is President due to AA? Interesting. I've heard it was because he was qualfified. I guess I was correct in that he was elected because he's black.

Why of course

Being born to mixed race parents in 1961, his father would have been lynched in much of the country
Without the advent of affirmative action, Barack Obama would have been relegated to a historically black college and be a lawyer for the black community. He never could have aspired to be president

His father was an alcoholic, runaway sperm donor and his mother was a piece of white trash.
In other words, you are the typical conservative white male underachiever that's jealous of successful Black people...

I dont know but either you dont know that discrimation has actually happened or you dont care that it did happen. Thats the only way you can have an idea that righting wrongs is petty.

I didnt say they needed it but YOU DID SAY it should be for only those that "need it". You shouldnt say things if you cant explain what they mean

I don't deny that it happened and that it was wrong. What I said is that trying to make up for it using the same factor that was used is denying it is also wrong.

Your logic is just wrong because what you're doing is using the "Intolerance" argument that goes

"Its intolerant to be intolerant or intolerance"

No helping the people who were adversely affected by a policy is not a bad thing. Its an apology or sorts.

A weak one at that since AA isnt only for Blacks.
Your logic is that it's OK to use a factor to benefit someone that if used against them would be wrong. That's retarded.

Since I didn't do them wrong, I don't owe them an apology. It's not my place to help someone I didn't wrong because I happen to be the same race as those who did.

AA damn sure isn't for whites.

You keep saying IF used against them. IT WAS used against them. Now how do you fix that? By ignoring it? Give 'em a pat on the back?

AA is used by more white women than any other group. Messed up, Blacks should have a program for blacks. Wouldnt you agree?

Proof please about white women. Also, you should focus on the women part not the white.

I agree that people should be hired based on qualifications and race isn't one of them.
I agree. I don't see how white women have benefitted the most. I went back to school and earned my degree. There were more black women in my classes than white. I worked hard all my life, starting at the bottom. Nothing was handed to me.

I don't deny that it happened and that it was wrong. What I said is that trying to make up for it using the same factor that was used is denying it is also wrong.

Your logic is just wrong because what you're doing is using the "Intolerance" argument that goes

No helping the people who were adversely affected by a policy is not a bad thing. Its an apology or sorts.

Your logic is that it's OK to use a factor to benefit someone that if used against them would be wrong. That's retarded.

Since I didn't do them wrong, I don't owe them an apology. It's not my place to help someone I didn't wrong because I happen to be the same race as those who did.

You keep saying IF used against them. IT WAS used against them. Now how do you fix that? By ignoring it? Give 'em a pat on the back?

AA is used by more white women than any other group. Messed up, Blacks should have a program for blacks. Wouldnt you agree?

Proof please about white women. Also, you should focus on the women part not the white.

I agree that people should be hired based on qualifications and race isn't one of them.
I agree. I don't see how white women have benefitted the most. I went back to school and earned my degree. There were more black women in my classes than white. I worked hard all my life, starting at the bottom. Nothing was handed to me.
You are a white women...everything is handed to you unless you are fat and ugly. It isn't the black women's fault you are a failure

Maybe because you are only one white woman.

Sally Kohn Affirmative Action Helps White Women More Than Others TIME.com

You are a white women...everything is handed to you unless you are fat and ugly. It isn't the black women's fault you are a failure
I am not a failure. Where did that come from? I worked hard for everything I have achieved. I didnt blame black women for anything.

This person knows this how?

You must not have read the link.

No, I did not. I just know from personal experience that the statement isn't so.

No, I did not. I just know from personal experience that the statement isn't so.
:lol:

how does Sally Kohn know that those 6 million white women would not have jobs without affirmative action?

never mind their education levels, IQs and test scores..
Sally Kohn says so

If you are afraid to read the study I cant really talk to you about your doubts.

how does Sally Kohn know that those 6 million white women would not have jobs without affirmative action?

Sally Kohn says so
Because they used AA to get jobs.

Sally Kohn says so
How does anyone prove all these women got jobs because of AA, instead of their qualifIcations?

Sally Kohn says so
How does anyone prove all these women got jobs because of AA, instead of their qualifIcations?
The same way you prove the black girls were in your class b/c of AA or the same way you prove a blackie got a job b/c of AA.

Sorry, you are a white woman...if you think you accomplished anything on your merits...you have been deceived.

Sally Kohn says so
They same way they do it for Black or Asian or Mexican people. They ask and or use reporting by employers.

Sally Kohn says so
The same way you prove the black girls were in your class b/c of AA or the same way you prove a blackie got a job b/c of AA.

Sorry, you are a white woman...if you think you accomplished anything on your merits...you have been deceived.
I didn't say the black women were in my classes because of AA.

Sally Kohn says so

I didn't say the black women were in my classes because of AA.
Oh...you just felt it necessary to say there were black women in your class?

So, it appears that other posters on this thread find it impossible for white women to accomplish anything on their own through hard work and determination. Pretty sexist to think men are the only ones with brains. Pity.

Sally Kohn says so

prove they were not hired on merit

Forum List

Back