Adult Swim Thread...

I liked Frisky Dingo a lot. This season of Aqua Teen has been way too extreme, like trying way too hard to be shocking or something. Every episode has been extremely vulgar or violent in one way or another, and it's really not in the original spirit of the show at all. I hope it gets better.

Only one episode of 12 Oz. Mouse left! I can't wait until it's out on DVD (I definitely hope that it is).

Assy McGee continues to be hilarious. I really like everything about that show.

Have you seen any previews for Tim and Eric Awesome Show yet? It's a sketch comedy show from the guys that did Tom Goes to the Mayor, looks hilarious.

I liked Frisky Dingo a lot. This season of Aqua Teen has been way too extreme, like trying way too hard to be shocking or something. Every episode has been extremely vulgar or violent in one way or another, and it's really not in the original spirit of the show at all. I hope it gets better.

Only one episode of 12 Oz. Mouse left! I can't wait until it's out on DVD (I definitely hope that it is).

Assy McGee continues to be hilarious. I really like everything about that show.

Have you seen any previews for Tim and Eric Awesome Show yet? It's a sketch comedy show from the guys that did Tom Goes to the Mayor, looks hilarious.

Yes i saw the previews. ugh. Like i said i just dont like the dudes from TGTTM. They just have a different sense of humor then me.

ATHF is disappointing to say the least. They really look like they just flung something together and called it a season. No real thought to the stories. No real dialogue of any kind. The old episodes were random actions but they had a central theme to each and the dialogue was excellent in its ridiculousness. Hopefully this was just a mail it in season because of their movie and then they will make a better season next time.

Yes i saw the previews. ugh. Like i said i just dont like the dudes from TGTTM. They just have a different sense of humor then me.

ATHF is disappointing to say the least. They really look like they just flung something together and called it a season. No real thought to the stories. No real dialogue of any kind. The old episodes were random actions but they had a central theme to each and the dialogue was excellent in its ridiculousness. Hopefully this was just a mail it in season because of their movie and then they will make a better season next time.

Totally agree, the last season was aweful. Stopped watching. Sad since the first few seasons were genius.

I think we should cut them some slack, though. When Aqua Teen first came out, it was truly revolutionary: there was literally nothing like that on TV at all, period. Now, every other commercial you see is some wacky, absurd situation, at least two or three channels are trying their hand at low-budget animation, etc. Maybe they feel like they have to up the ante some just to set themselves apart.

I think that's why I like TGTTM and 12 Oz. Mouse so much, they are truly unique in every way. As much as I love Frisky Dingo, the whole thing feels like outtakes from Sealab, similar situations and character dynamics, only with different-looking animation.

Siiiigh.... no more 12 Oz. Mouse. The finale was all I expected it to be, which is to say, it mostly made no sense but I liked it anyway. There were a couple fairly huge revelations in there, and I guess it's possible that there was sort of an explanation to the whole show, but there was no explicit laying out of the cards, which I was happy to see.

Aqua Teen was okay. Who did the voice of Ezekiel? It sounded vaguely like David Cross, but I don't think it was him. The credits just had a fake name.

I think we should cut them some slack, though. When Aqua Teen first came out, it was truly revolutionary: there was literally nothing like that on TV at all, period. Now, every other commercial you see is some wacky, absurd situation, at least two or three channels are trying their hand at low-budget animation, etc. Maybe they feel like they have to up the ante some just to set themselves apart.

I think that's why I like TGTTM and 12 Oz. Mouse so much, they are truly unique in every way. As much as I love Frisky Dingo, the whole thing feels like outtakes from Sealab, similar situations and character dynamics, only with different-looking animation.

I was watching the old ATHF episodes during the week. The difference occurred to me that the most recent episodes are leaning way to heavy on sight gags when the old episodes were alot more about the random things they would say. The commentary i always felt was the best part because you would have meatwad saying something udner his breath while master shake goes on a rant. Or Carl would utter things like "Its pissin me off thats what its doing" while shake's spouting about some bullshit.

This last batch of episodes were really weak compared to even the previous batch. They need to go back and take a look at the scripts and work more on the jokes and the presentation and less on the freak show.

I was watching the old ATHF episodes during the week. The difference occurred to me that the most recent episodes are leaning way to heavy on sight gags when the old episodes were alot more about the random things they would say. The commentary i always felt was the best part because you would have meatwad saying something udner his breath while master shake goes on a rant. Or Carl would utter things like "Its pissin me off thats what its doing" while shake's spouting about some bullshit.

This last batch of episodes were really weak compared to even the previous batch. They need to go back and take a look at the scripts and work more on the jokes and the presentation and less on the freak show.

Maybe they see the early episodes' reliance on sound instead of sight as a bad thing, as I'm sure that was mainly due to budgetary constraints keeping the "animation" to a minimum.

Maybe they see the early episodes' reliance on sound instead of sight as a bad thing, as I'm sure that was mainly due to budgetary constraints keeping the "animation" to a minimum.

then they are way over thinking it. If they had the sight gags with the same nonstop hillarious banter then it would be fine. There seems to be too much down time in each episode though. Too much time in between talking makes it feel awkward.

Thought the Season Finale for Metaloclypse was pretty good. leaves alot of questions though.

Who was it? I couldnt tell if it was anyone i heard from other shows. That episode was pretty good. It was closer to the classic style of Aqua teen. A decent story with funny quips thrown in. The chess dragon was funny.

Frisky Dingo was much better this week. The one guys kids having the helmets on too was funny. I thought the best part was when they shot the evil twin because the story was already fucked up as it was without the evil twin bullshit. lol.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/10890113/detail.html#

Crews Respond To Bridges, Hospital
Jamy Pombo, Senior News Editor

POSTED: 2:08 pm EST January 31, 2007
UPDATED: 6:49 pm EST January 31, 2007
BOSTON -- Turner Broadcasting plans to take responsibility for the "hoax devices" that were found at several locations in and around Boston Wednesday that forced police bomb units to scramble throughout the area.

The incidents were part of a marketing campaign that involved a character from the cartoon show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

"The 'packages' in question are magnetic lights that pose no danger. They are part of an outdoor marketing campaign in 10 cities in support of Adult Swim's animated television show 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force,'" Turner Broadcasting, the parent company of Cartoon Network, said in a statement.

The company said that they have been in place for two to three weeks in Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San Francisco and Philadelphia.

Turner Broadcasting is in contact with local and federal law enforcement on the exact location of the billboards, according to the statement, and regrets that they were mistakenly thought to pose any danger.

The cartoon airs as part of the Adult Swim late-night block of programs on the Cartoon Network. It features characters called "mooninites," who were pictured on the found devices. A feature length film based on the cartoon is scheduled to be released late next month....

Forum List

Back