Actors union joins writers on strike, shutting down Hollywood

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
Oh no. Now the actors are going on strike too. At a time when content is the crappiest it has ever been, they go on strike. They are putting themselves out of business. Time for the rise of alternate studios.

The failed negotiations with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers means film and television productions featuring actors will immediately halt, essentially shutting down Hollywood. It’ll be the first tandem strike in the industry since 1960.

Oh no. Now the actors are going on strike too. At a time when content is the crappiest it has ever been, they go on strike. They are putting themselves out of business. Time for the rise of alternate studios.

The failed negotiations with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers means film and television productions featuring actors will immediately halt, essentially shutting down Hollywood. It’ll be the first tandem strike in the industry since 1960.

Cool! Now folks like Angel Studios will get their chance to shine!

iu

I saw Fran Dresher talking about it on TV last night. Her real voice didn't make me wanna throw something at the TV.

Nobody will miss them.

Time to build that parallel economy :) I stopped going to movies about 2019. I had no interest in putting money in the pockets of arrogant fools who decided they had a right to insult me and my beliefs. Haven't missed it.
Most Hollywood movies cater to the liberal crowd.

Time to build that parallel economy :) I stopped going to movies about 2019. I had no interest in putting money in the pockets of arrogant fools who decided they had a right to insult me and my beliefs. Haven't missed it.

Ditto, except I can't remember the last time I was in a theater to see a first run film, aside from "Sound Of Freedom" this past Wednesday.

Ditto, except I can't remember the last time I was in a theater to see a first run film, aside from "Sound Of Freedom" this past Wednesday.

My wife said she'd heard that the first half hour or so of that film was pretty tough to watch. We'll be going this weekend. I made a misstatement. I actually did go to one movie a few months back. John Wick 4. :)

My wife said she'd heard that the first half hour or so of that film was pretty tough to watch. We'll be going this weekend. I made a misstatement. I actually did go to one movie a few months back. John Wick 4. :)

I just learned that the bit that Jim Caviezel did about the scripture verse from Luke 17:2 was a total ad lib! Watch for it. The theater went crazy right after this. I did a loud "YEEEE_HAW" myself.

Millstone.jpg

We are going to enter a time of increased strikes. That's not a bad thing. Workers are starting to wake up.

Forum List

Back