Active shooter reported at Texas elementary school

I'm not taking the tool away. Over the years on the forum, I have consistently said that the population in every country, bar 4, has guns. Guns can be used safely in a society, but you need correct background checks, enforcement of laws and regulations, guns locked away when not in use, not allowed guns in public and certainly not armed. A gun bought from a licenced gun shop is transported to your car in a secure bag and locked in the boot (trunk) with no ammo. It's then locked away at home. Only you have the key an know it's whereabouts. Serial numbers are logged on the licence and the police informed. Then the types of guns are regulated for size and features, such as magazine capacity, length of gun etc.. If you breach any part of this, you lose the guns and heavily fined and possible jail. If you are involved in a separate matter that gives you a police caution etc.. your gun licence is revoked. Guns cannot be sold to anyone unless the serial numbers are recorded on the licence and police informed.

Now, I bet you $10m dollars that I have never said take guns (the tool) away. A civilised country with sensible citizens can use guns in a safe manner in a regulated framework. If you meet this criteria, you have nothing to fear and you can enjoy guns. The ones who would fail such a system, probably know they would denied guns.

And at the end of the day, laws and regulations do not stop incidents, they reduce incidents. And proper regulation and enforcement is reflected in the country's gun statistics. Also, amnesty hand in days are often repeated by the police for illegal weapons. In addition to this, if a new weapon is added to the ban list, often a buy back scheme is put in place by the government.
Wow. You can put thought into an answer. Most of your posts are slamming people or the USA for not doing it as you or Europe does.

We are never going to.

Our problem today is the divide gun debates, illustrate, not cause. We all want the problem gone. Back to days a shotgun or 22 was on a window rack of a truck and no one thought about it.

But the side calling for guns lies out the ass. Would you work on a compromise with people who willingly lie in public about the issue?

I wouldn't but these are the very people fanning those flames.

Huge part of the problem.

Then out president says you couldn't own a, cannon.

But you can. Do you go to the table with him to discuss the issue?

I see those as closer to our core problem than guns.

Wow. You can put thought into an answer. Most of your posts are slamming people or the USA for not doing it as you or Europe does.

We are never going to.

Our problem today is the divide gun debates, illustrate, not cause. We all want the problem gone. Back to days a shotgun or 22 was on a window rack of a truck and no one thought about it.

But the side calling for guns lies out the ass. Would you work on a compromise with people who willingly lie in public about the issue?

I wouldn't but these are the very people fanning those flames.

Huge part of the problem.

Then out president says you couldn't own a, cannon.

But you can. Do you go to the table with him to discuss the issue?

I see those as closer to our core problem than guns.
I have NEVER owned a GUN

I am not a member of any milo

I still do not dismiss video games. Most everyone 35+ did Not spend the formative years of their life blowing up and decapitating lifelike figures. The desensitization of murder and mayhem is very real

Disastrous briefing by Texas Department of Public Safety about Uvalde school shooting. Spokesman would not even try to explain the one hour -- one hour -- that elapsed between time police arrived and when gunman was killed. Huge gap in story.

Frustrated onlookers urged police officers to charge into the Texas elementary school where a gunman’s rampage killed 19 children and two teachers, witnesses have told Associated Press.

“Go in there! Go in there!” nearby women shouted at the officers soon after the attack began, said Juan Carranza, 24, who saw the scene from outside his house, across the street from Robb Elementary School in the town of Uvalde. Carranza said the officers did not go in.

Javier Cazares, whose fourth grade daughter, Jacklyn Cazares, was killed in the attack, said he raced to the school when he heard about the shooting, arriving while police were still gathered outside the building.

Upset that police were not moving in, he raised the idea of charging into the school with several other bystanders.

“Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to,” he said. “More could have been done.”

“They were unprepared,” he added.
Wasn't there another issue where a cop didn't go in (Sandy Hook maybe?), so what happened with that story or was it fake news ??

It would have slowed the asshole down.

Now they can be replaced with actual steel doors

Besides that you have no idea what kind of glass that is. it is probably tempered and laminated

You know who locked the door in this school shooting?

The Shooter locked the door to the classroom and prevented the cops from getting to him while he murdered those kids.
The doors should have had one way door locks, otherwise the teachers and student's can leave the room, but no one can enter without a code or finger print/eye type reader used.

Unfortunately there has been Way Too Much attention and emphasis on caring for the criminal. Disastrous hesitancy is now built into policing. The same people who want to take away guns are largely creating the situations necessitating guns

Last edited:
Disastrous briefing by Texas Department of Public Safety about Uvalde school shooting. Spokesman would not even try to explain the one hour -- one hour -- that elapsed between time police arrived and when gunman was killed. Huge gap in story.
Whoa, BIG unraveling of the police story just posted in the Wall Street Journal.

UVALDE, Texas—The gunman behind the mass shooting at an elementary school here lingered outside the building for 12 minutes firing shots before walking into the school and barricading in a classroom where he killed 19 children and two teachers, authorities said in a news conference Thursday laying out a new timeline of events.

Victor Escalon, a regional director for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said he couldn’t say why no one stopped the now deceased gunman, 18 year-old Salvador Ramos, from entering the school during that time Tuesday. Most of the shots Ramos fired came during the first several minutes after he entered the school, Mr. Escalon said.

DPS officials previously said an armed school officer confronted Ramos as he arrived at the school. Mr. Escalon said Thursday that information was incorrect and no one encountered Ramos as he arrived at the school. “There was not an officer readily available and armed,” Mr. Escalon said.
*********************************************************************************************************

Me: I KNEW they were lying; you could just feel it. So he was out front shooting wildly for quite a long time before he waltzed into the school, unblocked.

******************************************************************************************************************
WSJ: The gunman then began shooting at people at a funeral home across the street, prompting a 911 call reporting a gunman at the school at 11:30. Ramos then climbed a fence onto school grounds and began firing before walking inside, unimpeded, at 11:40. The first police arrived on the scene at 11:44 and exchanged gunfire with Ramos, who barricaded himself in a fourth-grade classroom. There, he killed the students and teachers.
**********************************************************************************************************
Me: They tazed one parent, handcuffed a mom, tackled another father ---- never bothered to actually go after the shooter! I really like this Gomez mom, a farm supervisor, they are saying (yeah, farm ladies!):

*****************************************************************************************************************
Ms. Gomez convinced local Uvalde police officers whom she knew to persuade the marshals to set her free. Around her, the scene was frantic. She said she saw a father tackled and thrown to the ground by police and a third pepper-sprayed. Once freed from her cuffs, Ms. Gomez made her distance from the crowd, jumped the school fence, and ran inside to grab her two children. She sprinted out of the school with them.
**************************************************************************************************************
The article SAYS some fathers organized another rescue and pulled out their children --- migod, it's a good thing the police didn't shoot the dads! They probably wanted to.

Well, this is one serious story of incompetence. So the guy piled out of his wreck and was shooting at people in all directions for 12 minutes and no one could be bothered to turn up from the police?? Darn. Then he went inside, no guard, no lock, no nothing, no one stopped him, not even the school secretary?? and proceeded to shoot two teachers and 19 little children?? Something is very, very wrong here.

Whoa, BIG unraveling of the police story just posted in the Wall Street Journal.

UVALDE, Texas—The gunman behind the mass shooting at an elementary school here lingered outside the building for 12 minutes firing shots before walking into the school and barricading in a classroom where he killed 19 children and two teachers, authorities said in a news conference Thursday laying out a new timeline of events.

Victor Escalon, a regional director for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said he couldn’t say why no one stopped the now deceased gunman, 18 year-old Salvador Ramos, from entering the school during that time Tuesday. Most of the shots Ramos fired came during the first several minutes after he entered the school, Mr. Escalon said.

DPS officials previously said an armed school officer confronted Ramos as he arrived at the school. Mr. Escalon said Thursday that information was incorrect and no one encountered Ramos as he arrived at the school. “There was not an officer readily available and armed,” Mr. Escalon said.
*********************************************************************************************************

Me: I KNEW they were lying; you could just feel it. So he was out front shooting wildly for quite a long time before he waltzed into the school, unblocked.

******************************************************************************************************************
WSJ: The gunman then began shooting at people at a funeral home across the street, prompting a 911 call reporting a gunman at the school at 11:30. Ramos then climbed a fence onto school grounds and began firing before walking inside, unimpeded, at 11:40. The first police arrived on the scene at 11:44 and exchanged gunfire with Ramos, who barricaded himself in a fourth-grade classroom. There, he killed the students and teachers.
**********************************************************************************************************
Me: They tazed one parent, handcuffed a mom, tackled another father ---- never bothered to actually go after the shooter! I really like this Gomez mom, a farm supervisor, they are saying (yeah, farm ladies!):

*****************************************************************************************************************
Ms. Gomez convinced local Uvalde police officers whom she knew to persuade the marshals to set her free. Around her, the scene was frantic. She said she saw a father tackled and thrown to the ground by police and a third pepper-sprayed. Once freed from her cuffs, Ms. Gomez made her distance from the crowd, jumped the school fence, and ran inside to grab her two children. She sprinted out of the school with them.
**************************************************************************************************************
The article SAYS some fathers organized another rescue and pulled out their children --- migod, it's a good thing the police didn't shoot the dads! They probably wanted to.

Well, this is one serious story of incompetence. So the guy piled out of his wreck and was shooting at people in all directions for 12 minutes and no one could be bothered to turn up from the police?? Darn. Then he went inside, no guard, no lock, no nothing, no one stopped him, not even the school secretary?? and proceeded to shoot two teachers and 19 little children?? Something is very, very wrong here.
The only way police could be that inept is that they were told to be. This again comes from the very recent phenomena of studying the criminal far too much to benefit the well being of the criminal. This guy would have been shot dead in 5 minutes prior to Obama’s anti police idiocy.

Unfortunately there has been Way Too Much attention and emphasis on caring for the criminal. Disastrous hesitancy is now built into policing. The same people who want to take away guns are largely creating the situations necessitating guns
I feel sorry for you

Forum List

Back