Across the board, Americans think our rights are slipping away

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

And with the government now targeting it's own citizens as a bigger threat that outside adversaries, this trend will only increase.

What has the US become?

And with the government now targeting it's own citizens as a bigger threat that outside adversaries, this trend will only increase.

What has the US become?
Maybe you should have another go at an insurrection?

As I've always said in America any rights of freedoms we have ever lost, or will ever lose, will be because of our own government.

Most people just think things like "Russia will never take our rights" or "china won't take our rights" and so on. We they are right, they won't, but the us government will.

And when we lose rights the government takes them by using fear and or hatred. Americans are always willing to give up rights when they are angry or afraid.

"I'm angry the government needs to take action!" And thus the government will take action that removes liberties like the patriot act blindly signed without reading because people are mad and demand action.

Or covid people afraid say "I'm scared protect us now!" And thus the government will make demands and write mandates and people will blindly agree because they are scared.

What has the US become?
How can you be this blind?

From the link The poll found that only 43% think the government is doing a good job defending the right to vote, a dramatic decrease from 70% in 2015 and 2013 polls, and from 84% in 2011. The Associated Press reported that while 43% indicated the government is doing a good job defending the right to vote, 37% think Uncle Sam is doing a poor job.

This is because tRump-sucking "stop the steal" conservative morons are passing voter suppression laws left and right.

Talk about missing the point! I mean, damn.

Maybe you should have another go at an insurrection?

Unfortunately, America and your Institutions built closer relationships and even emulated to some degree, other nations post- WWII.

Countries that are not now and NEVER were like America. It was advantageous for these nations to convince America they were, but they weren't unfortunately. What it has meant for how your agencies view justice, liberty, Due Process etc isn't positive.

I can't see how these other nations approach to their citizens is an improvement over the U.S Constitution which is envied around the world.

Maybe it's because this illegal dimwitted fool and his handlers think the Constitution is something they can ignore, as they assault the Bill of Rights of all citizen's. The people won't except mindless stupidity, Dementia. or an other lame ass excuse. Low Joe. You will rat on your handlers because you are a rat. as you come from a large family or rats you taught to be rats before your brain rot took your soul.

As I've always said in America any rights of freedoms we have ever lost, or will ever lose, will be because of our own government.

Most people just think things like "Russia will never take our rights" or "china won't take our rights" and so on. We they are right, they won't, but the us government will.

And when we lose rights the government takes them by using fear and or hatred. Americans are always willing to give up rights when they are angry or afraid.

"I'm angry the government needs to take action!" And thus the government will take action that removes liberties like the patriot act blindly signed without reading because people are mad and demand action.

Or covid people afraid say "I'm scared protect us now!" And thus the government will make demands and write mandates and people will blindly agree because they are scared.

Which is 100% the point of the whole fantasy magical fairy tale virus exercise.

Unfortunately, America and your Institutions built closer relationships and even emulated to some degree, other nations post- WWII.

Countries that are not now and NEVER were like America. It was advantageous for these nations to convince America they were, but they weren't unfortunately. What it has meant for how your agencies view justice, liberty, Due Process etc isn't positive.

I can't see how these other nations approach to their citizens is an improvement over the U.S Constitution which is envied around the world.
It really isnt. Partisanship is killing America. Your politics is based on a 2 party system that assumes that folk will get along for the common good. That is not the case. Look at the 2 impeachment trials. The evidence was as clear as day and yet the majority side voted on a partisan slate to acquit. Its a waste of time and they need another way. .

I associate with the 43% that think the government is doing a "good" job protecting voting rights. There are overblown issues both sides have concerning the process that could be addressed with easy fixes. Unfortunately however it'll take having adults in the room.

It really isnt. Partisanship is killing America. Your politics is based on a 2 party system that assumes that folk will get along for the common good. That is not the case. Look at the 2 impeachment trials. The evidence was as clear as day and yet the majority side voted on a partisan slate to acquit. Its a waste of time and they need another way. .

I am Canadian, it isn't my system. Neither impeachment should have happened, THAT was the political abuse coupled with insiders and old, Obama, China-First loyalists who wanted ot destroy ANY idea of America First.

Aligning with some nations post WWII was an error in judement, especially when America embraced THEIR ideals. The same nations the U.S had to save as it were. Quite an unfortunate decision.

At the turn of the 20th Century wealthy Europeans longed to visit the great America. From those on the Titanic, to budding movie stars, musicians or wealthy investors looking to pursue their dreams in a free market that promoted liberty.

Now many of these same people turn to China. As does Europe. I'm keeping my finger on this pulse, this isn't good. It all started with Clinton, really ramped up with the Bush/Obama combo.

You even have to be careful that your opinion doesn't offend a Democrat, something that is very hard to do nowadays. Free speech is disappearing quickly under these liberals.

You even have to be careful that your opinion doesn't offend a Democrat, something that is very hard to do nowadays. Free speech is disappearing quickly under these liberals.
Life is lovely, now that I have moved from the blue shithole of Western Washington to a small conservative Midweat town. I can once again say what I feel and so far most everyone I've talked to agrees with me. American freedom is still relatively vibrant where I now live.

I am Canadian, it isn't my system. Neither impeachment should have happened, THAT was the political abuse coupled with insiders and old, Obama, China-First loyalists who wanted ot destroy ANY idea of America First.

Aligning with some nations post WWII was an error in judement, especially when America embraced THEIR ideals. The same nations the U.S had to save as it were. Quite an unfortunate decision.

At the turn of the 20th Century wealthy Europeans longed to visit the great America. From those on the Titanic, to budding movie stars, musicians or wealthy investors looking to pursue their dreams in a free market that promoted liberty.

Now many of these same people turn to China. As does Europe. I'm keeping my finger on this pulse, this isn't good. It all started with Clinton, really ramped up with the Bush/Obama combo.
You are projecting. Most Europeans would rather side with the US than China because the US generally shares our values. Im not sure what that means to the rest of your post.

Life is lovely, now that I have moved from the blue shithole of Western Washington to a small conservative Midweat town. I can once again say what I feel and so far most everyone I've talked to agrees with me. American freedom is still relatively vibrant where I now live.
I grew up in a small Midwestern town.

It was great. There were great people there.

But there’s not the same economic opportunities you get in large cities. Not even close to the same. Most of the people I grew up with who were intelligent enough to take advantage, left for other places.

What’s left over seems a little unrecognizable to me.

Our Second Amendment is the key difference and the only difference that matters. The Second Amendment is what sets us apart from every other nation on the planet. In our nation, under the Second Amendment, a man going on vacation somewhere hours from home can pack a degree of firepower to protect his family, a degree unimaginable to your countrymen, the Brits, the Euros, the Australians or most anyone else. Within seconds that firepower can be in his hands and putting rounds downrange. In the most extreme circumstances imaginable that same American man could band together with other American men to effectively fight a State gone rogue.

How can you be this blind?

From the link The poll found that only 43% think the government is doing a good job defending the right to vote, a dramatic decrease from 70% in 2015 and 2013 polls, and from 84% in 2011. The Associated Press reported that while 43% indicated the government is doing a good job defending the right to vote, 37% think Uncle Sam is doing a poor job.

This is because tRump-sucking "stop the steal" conservative morons are passing voter suppression laws left and right.

Talk about missing the point! I mean, damn.

Hey retard, still waiting for you of the CCP or your Nazi vassals to show a single vote "suppressed."

We've shown TONS of proof of fraud, but so far you waging war to end America have not shown a single instance of "voter suppression."

And no, having ID like they do on an airplane or to buy beer isn't "voter supressifying."

Forum List

Back