Acorn to get 4 BILLION from Stimulus package

Giving money to ACORN is similar in form to giving Halliburton no bid contracts.

OK... accepting that for the purposes of this discussion, how many of those did Haliburton get over eight years? And how many times when the same people who lose their minds over ACORN (for no reason, btw) complained about actual corruption that lined the VP's "blind trust"? :eusa_whistle:

no clue-- I wasn't planning on equating the two on frequency or amount. Just an idle observation that arose from cabin fever. Y'all can duke it out over the specifics. :lol:

ah... stirring the pot. heh...

OK... accepting that for the purposes of this discussion, how many of those did Haliburton get over eight years? And how many times when the same people who lose their minds over ACORN (for no reason, btw) complained about actual corruption that lined the VP's "blind trust"? :eusa_whistle:

no clue-- I wasn't planning on equating the two on frequency or amount. Just an idle observation that arose from cabin fever. Y'all can duke it out over the specifics. :lol:

ah... stirring the pot. heh...

don't I always ?:lol:

ACORN Could Get Billions from Democrats' Trillion Dollar Spending Plan | Republican Leader John Boehner

The House Democrats’ trillion dollar spending bill, approved on January 21 by the Appropriations Committee and headed to the House floor next week for a vote, could open billions of taxpayer dollars to left-wing groups like the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN). ACORN has been accused of perpetrating voter registration fraud numerous times in the last several elections; is reportedly under federal investigation; and played a key role in the irresponsible schemes that caused a financial meltdown that has cost American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars since last fall.

House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) and other Republicans are asking a simple question: what does this have to do with job creation? Are Congressional Democrats really going to borrow money from our children and grandchildren to give handouts to ACORN in the name of economic “stimulus?”

Incredibly, the Democrats’ bill makes groups like ACORN eligible for a $4.19 billion pot of money for “neighborhood stabilization activities.” Funds for this purpose were authorized in the Housing and Economic Recovery Act, signed into law in 2008. However, these funds were limited to state and local governments. Now House Democrats are taking the unprecedented step of making ACORN and other groups eligible for these funds:

click link for the rest

Change we can all believe in.

Big surprise here... Obama giving 4 bill to Acorn.. LOL

The fair election process in our country is done for.

After all the cries of voter fraud fromt he right, were there ever any charges against ACORN that were taken to trial, prosecuted and found true?

After all the cries of voter fraud fromt he right, were there ever any charges against ACORN that were taken to trial, prosecuted and found true?
No, and more than likely the subject won't be raised by the Republicans until the next election. ACORN isn't even being investigated...some of their employees are, whom ACORN turned in themselves.

Notice how Mickey Mouse never showed up on election day. :eusa_whistle:

The House Democrats’ trillion dollar spending bill, approved on January 21 by the Appropriations Committee and headed to the House floor next week for a vote, could open billions of taxpayer dollars to left-wing groups like the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN).

Then too, it COULD not.

FYI, I just posted a rather detailed account of the proposal...ACORN is not mentioned.

then too, it could and probably will.

FYI, i wouldn't call a list of bullet points culled from a 600+ page document particularly detailed.

More detailed than some speculation based on something that COULD happen, though, don't you think?

i found it interesting that everything that was listed in your distillation had a dollar amount associated with it, except for the famous tax cut for 95% of americans.

Good point.

Wonder what that is going to cost?

funny, huh?

Typical is the word that spings to my mind, del

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
No, and more than likely the subject won't be raised by the Republicans until the next election. ACORN isn't even being investigated...some of their employees are, whom ACORN turned in themselves.

1) That is flat out incorrect, ravi... ACORN is under investigation in many jurisdictions and even by the FBI... and there are also individuals who are indicted for their activities within the tasks of their jobs at ACORN
2) You saw all names of voters who cast ballots ravi? You have the proof that all who voted we checked to ensure they were who they said they were?

ACORN is under investigation in many jurisdictions and even by the FBI
show me

News articles are everywhere ravi.... within the past month the FBI has raided ACORN offices in Nevada.... generally the FBI does not raid someone they are not investigating, ravi

Acorn is under official investigation by the state of Pennsylvania, ravi

Don't be oblivious or fucking obtuse

ACORN is under investigation in many jurisdictions and even by the FBI
show me

News articles are everywhere ravi.... within the past month the FBI has raided ACORN offices in Nevada.... generally the FBI does not raid someone they are not investigating, ravi

If this is true you should be able to provide a credible link.

Ousted ACORN members seek federal criminal investigation - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

"a spokesman for District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr., said the case is an "active investigation" involving county police and the FBI."

Officials: FBI investigates ACORN for voter fraud - International Herald Tribune

Give it up ravi

Ousted ACORN members seek federal criminal investigation - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

"a spokesman for District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr., said the case is an "active investigation" involving county police and the FBI."

Officials: FBI investigates ACORN for voter fraud - International Herald Tribune

Give it up ravi
Okay, thanks. The embezzlement is besides the point, and the other "investigation" was only alleged.

From my memory of what was going on at the time some of the employees were turning in fake registrations and ACORN, which IS REQUIRED BY LAW to turn in any and all forms to the voting jurisdictions (in other words, they are not by law allowed to screen the registrations) was MAYBE investigated because the Republicans asked the FBI to look in to it. Nothing came out of it that I remember except an ex-employee here or there being charged. Which is quite different that ACORN itself being investigated.

Give it up ravi
Okay, thanks. The embezzlement is besides the point, and the other "investigation" was only alleged.

From my memory of what was going on at the time some of the employees were turning in fake registrations and ACORN, which IS REQUIRED BY LAW to turn in any and all forms to the voting jurisdictions (in other words, they are not by law allowed to screen the registrations) was MAYBE investigated because the Republicans asked the FBI to look in to it. Nothing came out of it that I remember except an ex-employee here or there being charged. Which is quite different that ACORN itself being investigated.

Ravi.. they have been implicated in some many instances of alleged voter fraud, and so many other issues, that they are indeed under investigation in many jurisdictions... that is a fact... and the FBI is also involved in many cases of those investigations... that is also a fact.... and it is the organization that is being investigated in some cases, and invividuals in others, and that is also a fact

It's being raised right now. The GOP is objecting strenously to the fact they are awarding stimulus money to ACORN. Groups like acorn mantra don't feed the bulldog. I myself and I haven't heard of any other groups just like ACORN, they are an entity unto themselves.

OJ was found not guilty, don't mean he didn't do it. next........

What a lame dick response. Has reality every touched you?:doubt:

They have convicted ACORN workers which were turned in by ACORN. If they prosecute ACORN and come up with something, then we will have some kind of hard evidence. If they don't, you will still keep up the attack.

ACORN is the annual bogey man of the right to attack registering primarily poor voters who are mostly dems.

It's not common sense, it's called innuendo. Some of the rightiers here are real good at that.

OJ was found not guilty, don't mean he didn't do it. next........

What a lame dick response. Has reality every touched you?:doubt:

They have convicted ACORN workers which were turned in by ACORN. If they prosecute ACORN and come up with something, then we will have some kind of hard evidence. If they don't, you will still keep up the attack.

ACORN is the annual bogey man of the right to attack registering primarily poor voters who are mostly dems.

It's not common sense, it's called innuendo. Some of the rightiers here are real good at that.

I guess if anybody would know about "lame dicks" it would be you.

Forum List

Back