About this Kate Perry video (E.T.)

Tell me Jake, what are the intents behind this content, from your perspective?

First, respond to the entire context, 2d. "Not disturbing at all if one is aware as to intent and content. Very interesting. Suggestion: don't worship Satan if you don't want."

You won't be allowed to splice and dice to make something out of my remark that does not exist.

You clearly state:

"If one is aware of the intent and content."

This assumes that you, yourself, are aware of the intent and content.

So I ask you, what do you believe is the intent and content of this video?

So Jake?

I don't think Katy Perry is into satan worship. I believe she is a Christian.

She is. She also released a couple of Christian albums before making it big.

And Priests that rape children are also Christians. ???

Dude... You must know a LOT about the beliefs and behaviors of this semi-successful artist to make that kind of comparison judgement about her.

I don't think you do, but that's just one average Joe's opinion.

Ha! You all with your "Katy Perry is a Satanist" talk is hilarious! You all would have a field day with Ghost B.C.! They are Satanist (quite literally, actually). I hate Katy Perry as much as the next guy- her music makes my ears bleed- but I doubt she is a Satanist.

I think I'll go listen to Inside the Fire or Sin With a Grin now...

Ha! You all with your "Katy Perry is a Satanist" talk is hilarious! You all would have a field day with Ghost B.C.! They are Satanist (quite literally, actually). I hate Katy Perry as much as the next guy- her music makes my ears bleed- but I doubt she is a Satanist.

I'd argue that Katy Perry was unaware of the meaning of the content in her own video, since most of that stuff is added by the producers.

I would likely say that Ghost's "satanism" is more of a promotional stunt than an actual "religion".

Nevertheless, I think a music video comparison would work well here, to highlight the ridiculousness of the OP.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxr5sKyK8ys]Ghost B.C. - "Monstrance Clock" (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

I would likely say that Ghost's "satanism" is more of a promotional stunt than an actual "religion".

Nevertheless, I think a music video comparison would work well here, to highlight the ridiculousness of the OP.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxr5sKyK8ys]Ghost B.C. - "Monstrance Clock" (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Agreed.

[

Ghost B.C. - "Monstrance Clock" (Official Video) - YouTube

Except they're not camouflaging the message of their works.

The the symbolism in the ET video is subliminal.

Did you not see the split second frames of animals having sex in the ET video?

But without a doubt, the far left wants bestiality and pedophilia to be socially accepted, so I guess it didn't bother you at all.

First, respond to the entire context, 2d. "Not disturbing at all if one is aware as to intent and content. Very interesting. Suggestion: don't worship Satan if you don't want."

You won't be allowed to splice and dice to make something out of my remark that does not exist.

You clearly state:

"If one is aware of the intent and content."

This assumes that you, yourself, are aware of the intent and content.

So I ask you, what do you believe is the intent and content of this video?

So Jake?

You are running, 2d Amendment, as has been pointed out.

"You won't be allowed to splice and dice to make something out of my remark that does not exist."

You are wiggling here, and it is funny. Answer the question, son.

She is. She also released a couple of Christian albums before making it big.

"I don't believe in a heaven or a hell, or an old man sitting on a throne. I believe in a higher power bigger than me because that keeps me accountable," she told Marie Claire magazine recently. "Accountability is rare to find, especially with people like myself, because nobody wants to tell you something you don't want to hear."

Katy Perry Talks Not Being Christian Or Believing In Heaven Or Hell

Katy Perry Talks Not Being Christian Or Believing In Heaven Or Hell

This is a reversal of what she told Rolling Stone Magazine:

Christianity Today Entertainment Blog: Katy Perry: 'I'm Still a Christian'

Katy Perry 'I'm not Christian'

Katy Perry 'I'm not Christian' | God Discussion

Someone else may have inspired the video. Decisions are made by companies and record labels. You don't think that Katy also produced the graphics for the video, do you?

I believe very little of what I read coming from artists in the news. A lot of what is said is dreamed up by their publicists and PR people who tell them what to say and what their audience is buying and not buying. If you worked as an executive for a record label, do you want an artist to do their own thing and not sell or do you want it to conform to what people will buy?

There isn't a rationality behind it. If you had intimate moments in your life, would you as a star go sharing with the rest of the world? And if you watched interview after interview with movie stars and saw every response in a "form" then you would have to know the interview is scripted and written by someone else to an extent.

I knew artists' music before they made it big and no one would listen to it before it was popular but when they are made popular, there is no more original thought in the public eye. People listen to what is "in" and they don't question it.

Forum List

Back