CDZ Abortion Perspective

And just paying child support money only covers half of the problem, wonder what the numbers are of men who pay but stay away.

Why all the deflection? Why not address the fact that the federal government has prohibited the States from determining their own laws regarding abortion? Why should a small group of people be able to impose their political views on majorities who do not share those views? Why should Kansas be forced to adopt the same views as New York?

You mean like why did the Federal government force Virginia to allow mixed race marriages? Yeah why should a small group of people be able to impose their political vies on majorities who do not share those views?

Really what you mean is that why shouldn't a group of people be able to impose their own personal beliefs on every woman in a state.

th

The controversy rages. Both sides at each others throats over an issue that neither will give ground on. One side says that it's murder while the other side says that others no right to tell them what to do with their body. In perspective both are have a point for mankind has many laws both religious and secular. Which in turn can lead to many questions on the subject. One such question that I've never seen asked is the following...

If these pro-abortion people don't want others telling them 'what to do with their body' what gives them the right to demand government funding to support an institution/agency (Planned Parenthood) to tell them what to do with their bodies?

*****SMILE*****

:)

NOTE: This is the Clean Debate Zone and it would be greatly appreciated if mod involvement for flaming and other offences not be required for this thread.

Although vehemently against abortion on demand, these are the reasons why it is here to stay:

1. The abortion industry is a billion dollar industry in the US. As a lobby, they are hard to outspend. The love of money truly is the root of all evil.

Two problems with this argument. First as a lobby- plenty of 'industries' outspend 'the abortion industry'. Secondly, this implies that women are choosing abortions because of some kind of lobbying effort by abortion providers. You might have a point if this was an industry with actual commercial advertising promoting the product- but women choose abortion for their own reasons- at the most- lobbying allows for their to be safe and legal abortion service within a community- as opposed to unsafe and illegal.

2. Most women who have abortions do so because of financial concerns even though every time someone tries to argue that it should be legal uses examples of incest or some such nonsense.

Most women do tend to have abortions for financial concerns. Addressing those financial concerns would lower the demand for abortion.

And addressing your other point- I do tend to point out that the anti-abortion side now openly wants to prevent the victims of rape and incest from any form of birth control, even the morning after pill- because- even though this represents a very small portion of the women who chose abortions- their stories are very real- and the anti-abortion activists do want to tell them that they have to give birth to their rapist child- i.e. what you call 'nonsense'

And speaking of nonsense- the anti-abortion side currently wants to mostly talk about abortion late third trimester abortions- even though those type of abortions are extremely rare- and in most of those cases the women having the abortions really don't want to, but are facing some sort of health tragedy.

3. The powers that be are focused on population control, which is why the US government funds or supports birth control and abortion all around the globe. Such concerns as global warming and the depletion of natural resources is why they view the snuffing out of human life as a good thing.

The U.S. government does fund birth control around the world- because one of the leading causes of poverty for women around the world is having too many children. The U.S. does not fund any abortion services outside the United States. Not sure why you equate birth control with snuffing out human life. And do you think that contraception is a bad thing? I don't. One of the best ways to improve the health of women in any country is to allow them to control their own fertility so that they can limit the number of children to the number that their family can afford.

4. Genocide is human nature. Just do a little history search and you will see genocide conducted all over the globe at pretty much any time in history. We see to have a thirst for killing and usually it is over power and money issues, as is abortion.

No one now is forcing any women in the U.S. to have abortions. Women choosing abortions is not 'genocide'- it is women making the choices that governments and men have claimed for years that they should be making for women, and that women shouldn't be trusted to make those decisions themselves.

You can frame the question anyway you choose from any perspective that you choose, but at the end of the day the question really is only, is the unborn infant human?

There are a myriad of different answers to this, some say not till so many weeks, some say not till they are viable in the womb, and then others say not till they exit the womb.

What say you?

th

The controversy rages. Both sides at each others throats over an issue that neither will give ground on. One side says that it's murder while the other side says that others no right to tell them what to do with their body. In perspective both are have a point for mankind has many laws both religious and secular. Which in turn can lead to many questions on the subject. One such question that I've never seen asked is the following...

If these pro-abortion people don't want others telling them 'what to do with their body' what gives them the right to demand government funding to support an institution/agency (Planned Parenthood) to tell them what to do with their bodies?

*****SMILE*****

NOTE: This is the Clean Debate Zone and it would be greatly appreciated if mod involvement for flaming and other offences not be required for this thread.

Although vehemently against abortion on demand, these are the reasons why it is here to stay:

1. The abortion industry is a billion dollar industry in the US. As a lobby, they are hard to outspend. The love of money truly is the root of all evil.

Two problems with this argument. First as a lobby- plenty of 'industries' outspend 'the abortion industry'. Secondly, this implies that women are choosing abortions because of some kind of lobbying effort by abortion providers. You might have a point if this was an industry with actual commercial advertising promoting the product- but women choose abortion for their own reasons- at the most- lobbying allows for their to be safe and legal abortion service within a community- as opposed to unsafe and illegal.

2. Most women who have abortions do so because of financial concerns even though every time someone tries to argue that it should be legal uses examples of incest or some such nonsense.

Most women do tend to have abortions for financial concerns. Addressing those financial concerns would lower the demand for abortion.

And addressing your other point- I do tend to point out that the anti-abortion side now openly wants to prevent the victims of rape and incest from any form of birth control, even the morning after pill- because- even though this represents a very small portion of the women who chose abortions- their stories are very real- and the anti-abortion activists do want to tell them that they have to give birth to their rapist child- i.e. what you call 'nonsense'

And speaking of nonsense- the anti-abortion side currently wants to mostly talk about abortion late third trimester abortions- even though those type of abortions are extremely rare- and in most of those cases the women having the abortions really don't want to, but are facing some sort of health tragedy.

3. The powers that be are focused on population control, which is why the US government funds or supports birth control and abortion all around the globe. Such concerns as global warming and the depletion of natural resources is why they view the snuffing out of human life as a good thing.

The U.S. government does fund birth control around the world- because one of the leading causes of poverty for women around the world is having too many children. The U.S. does not fund any abortion services outside the United States. Not sure why you equate birth control with snuffing out human life. And do you think that contraception is a bad thing? I don't. One of the best ways to improve the health of women in any country is to allow them to control their own fertility so that they can limit the number of children to the number that their family can afford.

4. Genocide is human nature. Just do a little history search and you will see genocide conducted all over the globe at pretty much any time in history. We see to have a thirst for killing and usually it is over power and money issues, as is abortion.

No one now is forcing any women in the U.S. to have abortions. Women choosing abortions is not 'genocide'- it is women making the choices that governments and men have claimed for years that they should be making for women, and that women shouldn't be trusted to make those decisions themselves.

You can frame the question anyway you choose from any perspective that you choose, but at the end of the day the question really is only, is the unborn infant human?

There are a myriad of different answers to this, some say not till so many weeks, some say not till they are viable in the womb, and then others say not till they exit the womb.

What say you?

I say I don't really know.
Getting past the extremist rhetoric on both sides, I don't believe that a newly implanted embryo is an infant.
But I also believe that a viable fetus probably is.

I also think that the woman who has to go through pregnancy and childbirth is the best person to decide the issue- not me or you- for her.

What about you?

th

*****SMILE*****

What say you?

I say I don't really know.
Getting past the extremist rhetoric on both sides, I don't believe that a newly implanted embryo is an infant.
But I also believe that a viable fetus probably is.

I also think that the woman who has to go through pregnancy and childbirth is the best person to decide the issue- not me or you- for her.

What about you?

What about. . .

When YOU were a newly implanted embryo?

th

*****SMILE*****

First of all- we all have the 'right' to demand whatever we would like to demand- that doesn't mean anyone has the right to get what they demand.
Secondly- Planned Parenthood doesn't tell anyone what they must do with their bodies- PP provides options to women, mostly birth control and health screenings, and in some cases abortion.
Finally- PP gets no government funding for abortions- but does get government support for providing health services and contraceptives to women.

I have yet to figure out why the anti-abortion people would not want women to have access to low cost contraceptives, unless of course the anti-abortionist agenda is not really about protecting 'unborn life' but about taking control away from women.

After all- Conservatives actively fought against women having access to contraceptives for decades- even making information about contraceptives was deemed 'obscene'

th

So you'll be fine with the government funding being taken away and the agency told to run strictly on charitable donations?

*****SMILE*****

th

How do you propose to make abortions unnecessary?

Isn't there something wrong with a position that only cares about having an abortion because it's their body and demanding money so they can have an abortion?

*****SMILE*****

Because that's not the way it is. I don't see many demanding money, but there is no question lack of funding affects poor women, disproportionately.

I know of no woman who wants an abortion simply because it's their body.

th

Why should the government fund any agency dealing with pregnancy?

*****SMILE*****A[/MEDIA]

Why should the government fund any agency dealing with health?

Seriously though- the U.S. has a fairly high maternal mortality rate compared to the rest of the world- a lot of that has to do with the lack of quality pre-natal health care.

Not sure how anyone can claim to be 'pro-life' and also against government funding to save women's lives.

th

Did I say I was pro-life?

*****SMILE*****

And just paying child support money only covers half of the problem, wonder what the numbers are of men who pay but stay away.

Why all the deflection? Why not address the fact that the federal government has prohibited the States from determining their own laws regarding abortion? Why should a small group of people be able to impose their political views on majorities who do not share those views? Why should Kansas be forced to adopt the same views as New York?

You mean like why did the Federal government force Virginia to allow mixed race marriages? Yeah why should a small group of people be able to impose their political vies on majorities who do not share those views?

Really what you mean is that why shouldn't a group of people be able to impose their own personal beliefs on every woman in a state.

th

Why should you be allowed to impose your personal beliefs on every person in the state?

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

And yet the those that say they don't want others to tell them what to do with their bodies are their biggest supporters.

Why demand that the government fund an agency to tell them what to do with their body if they don't want others to tell them what do do with their bodies?

A hypocritical don't you think?

*****SMILE*****

planned parenthood does not take federal funds for abortion services. they are healthcare providers, usually for low income people - both female & male & those who fall thru the cracks where any healthcare may be completely outa pocket.

th

Isn't there something wrong with a position that only cares about having an abortion because it's their body and demanding money so they can have an abortion?

*****SMILE*****

access to birth control, whether 'free' or thru mandated coverage.

th

And yet the those that say they don't want others to tell them what to do with their bodies are their biggest supporters.

Why demand that the government fund an agency to tell them what to do with their body if they don't want others to tell them what do do with their bodies?

*****SMILE*****

planned parenthood does not take federal funds for abortion services. they are healthcare providers, usually for low income people - both female & male & those who fall thru the cracks where any healthcare may be completely outa pocket.

th

If you're looking for charity then don't do it at the point of a sword.

*****SMILE*****

Because they do not fund abortions.

Does the taxpayer provide funds to Planned Parenthood?

Does Planned Parenthood perform or fund abortions?

If the answer is yes, and it is, then the taxpayer funds abortions.

QED

planned parenthood is independently audited every year for oversight. not since the days of carter has federal funds paid for an abortion.

google 'hyde amendment'.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

Where does it say in the Constitution that access to birth control is a right?

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

if those kiddies are born - you'll be paying for the sword, shield, & armor in the long run.

'conservatives' just don't really know what it means to actually BE a conservative.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

i didn't sat it was a right. but it is the conservative thing to do. why is the little blue pill covered, but not THE pill in some cases?

It's in the best interests of our country overall.

th

Why?

*****SMILE*****

should the US be on the same threshold for prenatal care as any given 'shit hole' country?

th

Why should it be the governments job to demand everyone provide charity? I don't recall seeing that in the Constitution. Charity was provided by the churches, philanthropists, and other charities, where the funds provided are given freely. Demanding government involvement only promotes abuse of said funds while relying on charity allows the giver to decide if the funds are being spent correctly and to withhold said funds if they feel the funds are being abused.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

if those kiddies are born - you'll be paying for the sword, shield, & armor in the long run.

'conservatives' just don't really know what it means to actually BE a conservative.

th

What makes you think you can stop it?

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

i didn't sat it was a right. but it is the conservative thing to do. why is the little blue pill covered, but not THE pill in some cases?

th

Why should either be covered?

*****SMILE*****

It's in the best interests of our country overall.

th

Why?

*****SMILE*****

should the US be on the same threshold for prenatal care as any given 'shit hole' country?

th

Why should it be the governments job to demand everyone provide charity? I don't recall seeing that in the Constitution. Charity was provided by the churches, philanthropists, and other charities, where the funds provided are given freely. Demanding government involvement only promotes abuse of said funds while relying on charity allows the giver to decide if the funds are being spent correctly and to withhold said funds if they feel the funds are being abused.

*****SMILE*****

^ ' Demanding government involvement only promotes abuse of said fund...

PP is audited independently every year to make sure federal funds are used legally.
charity alone isn't sufficient. that's just the facts.

' charity allows the giver to decide if the funds are being spent correctly '

you mean like the trump foundation?

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

What makes you think you can stop it?

*****SMILE*****

this is the 3rd time.

they are audited every year.

Forum List

Back