ABC is chess racist debate: Garry Kasparov slams broadcaster

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
so what do you think ...
We hope it wasn’t, but if this was just an attention-grab then the ABC has us all checkmate.

A radio debate by the public broadcaster about whether chess is racist was not only widely slammed in Australia — including by former international representative John Adams — it even earned the ire of perhaps the best to ever do it.
Garry Kasparov, the Russian who was the game’s number one player for the best part of three decades, couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw news.com.au’s coverage of the debate, which aired on Wednesday.

Chess was invented in Africa and brought to europe. How could it be racist?

I'm pretty sure India invented chess. It's what I've always been told and/or read.

I used to be a good player, now I'm average.
Nope. Chess was invented in Africa. Kemet to be exact.. The Dravidians learned the game from them. I havent played in 10 years so I am probably not that good anymore.

so what do you think ...
We hope it wasn’t, but if this was just an attention-grab then the ABC has us all checkmate.

A radio debate by the public broadcaster about whether chess is racist was not only widely slammed in Australia — including by former international representative John Adams — it even earned the ire of perhaps the best to ever do it.
Garry Kasparov, the Russian who was the game’s number one player for the best part of three decades, couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw news.com.au’s coverage of the debate, which aired on Wednesday.
I have predicted this several times. In chess white always moves first and for the board to be set up correctly you must have a white square on your right.

I have this set sitting on my living room coffee table.

6583c10d8e3c4061bd9c88a0e4907827.jpg

so what do you think ...

I have predicted this several times. In chess white always moves first and for the board to be set up correctly you must have a white square on your right.

Now that sounds like white privilege...LOL.

I'm pretty sure India invented chess. It's what I've always been told and/or read.

Nope. Chess was invented in Africa. Kemet to be exact.. The Dravidians learned the game from them. I havent played in 10 years so I am probably not that good anymore.
By African, you mean Egyptian.

Ancient Egyptians were genetically like modern Eastern Mediterranean Europeans, not sub-Saharan negroids.

Ancient Egyptians were genetically like modern Eastern Mediterranean Europeans, not sub-Saharan negroids.
Nope. Ancient Egyptians were Blacks. No such thing as sub saharan. Thats just a white boy fable.

so what do you think ...

Kasparov was a great Chess Master. Studied his brilliant moves for years. Incredible use of knights to set up crossboard bishop moves. Not afraid to sacrifice queen early. Champion 100% His best play was against the Yugoslavian champion back in the 1980's. I forget the man's name but he also was outstanding player. Kasparov's handling of him was amazing!

so what do you think ...

Sounds more like the rules of the Chinese invented game.

Nope. Ancient Egyptians were Blacks. No such thing as sub saharan. Thats just a white boy fable.
Egyptian's were not Sub-Sarahan African. Do you just go out of your way to be a dickhead?

so what do you think ...

Sounds more like the rules of the Chinese invented game.

Damn those racist Chinese.

Chaturanga' is the earliest precursor to what we now know as 'Chess'. While it is referenced that they are related, they are not the same game ( by a long stretch), for a start Chaturanga uses only 10 pieces.

As for any claim to India inventing Chaturanga, the earliest documentation can date Chaturanga back to circa 640 A.D, the origin of it is said to be "uncertain"

It is interesting to note that "Fa Xian, a Chinese Buddhist who wrote extensively about his long sojourn in India at the beginning of the 5th century, does not mention the game (Chaturanga), an indication, perhaps, that it was not known then.

Chess, as we now know it , began to take shape circa 1475 where Chaturanga pieces where replaced with their modern counter parts and new laws where introduced.

All of this is gleaned from the 1996 "The Oxford Companion to Chess" so you can believe it or believe not.

FIDE's own president Kirsan Ilyumzhinov believes chess came from Outer Space (google it if you don't believe it) and the BBC's Doctor Who have referenced Chess has been invented by the Time Lords of Galifrey.

The long story short is the origins of Chess are a matter for myth and legend

Egyptian's were not Sub-Sarahan African. Do you just go out of your way to be a dickhead?
No one is sub saharan. I already told you white boy fables do not apply.

So you're saying Ancient Blacks (Egyptians) were slave owners and took advantage of other blacks?

Chaturanga' is the earliest precursor to what we now know as 'Chess'. While it is referenced that they are related, they are not the same game ( by a long stretch), for a start Chaturanga uses only 10 pieces.

As for any claim to India inventing Chaturanga, the earliest documentation can date Chaturanga back to circa 640 A.D, the origin of it is said to be "uncertain"

It is interesting to note that "Fa Xian, a Chinese Buddhist who wrote extensively about his long sojourn in India at the beginning of the 5th century, does not mention the game (Chaturanga), an indication, perhaps, that it was not known then.

Chess, as we now know it , began to take shape circa 1475 where Chaturanga pieces where replaced with their modern counter parts and new laws where introduced.

All of this is gleaned from the 1996 "The Oxford Companion to Chess" so you can believe it or believe not.

FIDE's own president Kirsan Ilyumzhinov believes chess came from Outer Space (google it if you don't believe it) and the BBC's Doctor Who have referenced Chess has been invented by the Time Lords of Galifrey.

The long story short is the origins of Chess are a matter for myth and legend
You do realize that Kemet was around long before 640AD right? Do you see what is in this painting?

history-lists-11-things-you-may-not-know-about-ancient-egypt-board-games_ih019941_corbis-2.jpg

Forum List

Back