Abbas: I Am a Hero. I Said No to Obama

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I can just imagine what would happen to any Palestinian official who signed any peace deal with Israel.

by Khaled Abu Toameh
March 21, 2014 at 5:00 am

If in the past Abbas was afraid of Hamas's response to the signing of a peace deal with Israel, it is now clear that he also has good reason to fear the reaction of top Fatah officials to any movement he makes concerning the peace process.

These rallies [Abbas asks for] are intended not only to send a message to Obama and Kerry, but also to Abbas's rivals in Fatah.

Even before Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas left Washington on his way back to Ramallah, Palestinian Authority [PA] officials rushed to announce that their president's talks with President Barack Obama over the future of the peace process were "unsuccessful."

Continue reading at:

He has been saying no all along.
He is not hero. A hero would have wrangled and crunched the details and worked out a compromise for both sides.
Saying no is not heroic. Saying yes to peace would have been heroic.

He is not hero. A hero would have wrangled and crunched the details and worked out a compromise for both sides.

He has lived a full and prosperous life now it is time for him to negotiate peace terms, with one being the safe house in Israel for him to live out the rest of his life. Let the Palestinians pick the bones out of that, a just mutually agreed peace and borders with safe passage for the negotiating team to a place of safety for the rest of their lives. Now that would make him a hero, going back to Palestine would make him a suicide.

Resizer.ashx

He has lived a full and prosperous life now it is time for him to negotiate peace terms, with one being the safe house in Israel for him to live out the rest of his life. Let the Palestinians pick the bones out of that, a just mutually agreed peace and borders with safe passage for the negotiating team to a place of safety for the rest of their lives. Now that would make him a hero, going back to Palestine would make him a suicide.

any agreement he agrees to signs would still have to ratified. He would have to sell it to the PLC and the palestinians.

Forum List

Back