A word about shortages and price gouging

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
In January I purchased some so called survival food to supplement what we already have. We currently have vacuum sealed beans and rice, sugar flour, canned goods, etc. So I ordered from Amazon, and these are two of the cans I received.

screenshot_942.png

Candles and water purifiers are good too.

screenshot_943.png

Those two cans of food cost less than 200 dollars. I was going to buy one of these cans and they were priced around 100 or so dollars, a little more I think. They are out of it now. But now look:

screenshot_945.png

One can, and it's sky high, plus they are out of it. A lot of other brands and stuff are out too. And get a load of this BS:

screenshot_946.png

4 cans 1800 dollars. hey still have some stuff, so you might want to consider getting some supplies if you don't have any.

Last edited:
You know what? After the cat 5 hurricane we had on oct. 10th 2018 we were left with nothing. No water, no phone,no electric, no gas, no food stores. Nada. It took weeks to get back into a semblance of normal. We needed bottled water after the hurricane. What is the need for bottled water now? Are the taps broken?

• Banned
You know what? After the cat 5 hurricane we had on oct. 10th 2018 we were left with nothing. No water, no phone,no electric, no gas, no food stores. Nada. It took weeks to get back into a semblance of normal. We needed bottled water after the hurricane. What is the need for bottled water now? Are the taps broken?
We always keep a good supply on hand. You should too.

I spoke with our grocery store manager yesterday and he said there is no food shortage but they are having trouble keeping the shelves stocked...for example they were out of beans on the shelves but they were unloading pallets full out back...people are in a panic...I can understand people with young children being advantageous and thinking ahead but some folks are going way over board...
but that's what humans do....

you just said why we need it now,,,if those in the hurricane had had a supply before it hit then the need would have been less after it hit,,,

just like the 100 rolls of TP I bought a yr ago has taken me off the needy list for today,,,

you just said why we need it now,,,if those in the hurricane had had a supply before it hit then the need would have been less after it hit,,,

just like the 100 rolls of TP I bought a yr ago has taken me off the needy list for today,,,

the reason we needed it post cat 5 hurricane is because the water treatment plant was destroyed. So my question is and was, why the need now? Are the taps broken?

• Banned

the reason we needed it post cat 5 hurricane is because the water treatment plant was destroyed. So my question is and was, why the need now? Are the taps broken?
I told you. To be prepared for things. Unforeseen things!

its about planning for the future that we dont know,,,and bottled water is separate from tap water and not subject to if the taps quit working,,,

• Banned
I heard a truck driver call in saying that certain state govs had shut down all the roadside stops and he was concerned that he would have a hard time finding a bathroom or a place to pull off his truck safely. I checked and all the states i saw doing that had democrat governors. Word is that some will reopen, but leave it to the f--ing dims to make things worse.

I have a water purifier for fishing that is a Grayl and have a few replacement filters for that which filter damn near everything, including viruses (and yes, I know that this is not a waterborn virus, but there is often shit in water). Good for a couple hundred gallons. Also have a lifestraw. That thing does not filter viruses, though, so I'd likely end up boiling anyhow. I have a river in front of my house. The water is liquid puke but I could filter it if I needed to.

there are about 30 geese I can see from where I'm sitting. I'll stick my boat in the water and start blasting the little fuckers if it gets to that point, which I do not think for 2 seconds it will, but I've been looking for a reason to get them to stop shitting on my lawn and this is as good a reason as any....

You have TP????????

Hand over your stash, sucka :tongue:

You have TP????????

sure,,,what do ya need and what do you have to trade for it,,,

your wifes kinda cute,,

You have TP????????

your wifes kinda cute,,

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-picture.jpg

I am da wife and I'm not that cute

You have TP????????

your wifes kinda cute,,

even ugly girls have a use,,,

You have TP????????

your wifes kinda cute,,

good thing I wasn't taking a drink of my coffee reading that..nearly choked.

See that avatar??? That's me. Old, ugly & falling apart and haven't been called a girl in about 40+years......so keep it in your pants, doohickey. :tongue-44:

You have TP????????

your wifes kinda cute,,

See that avatar??? That's me. Old, ugly & falling apart and haven't been called a girl in about 40+years......so keep it in your pants, doohickey. :tongue-44:

theres a little girl still left in all of you,,,

You have TP????????

your wifes kinda cute,,

Sure....my crazy sense of humor.

Need a laugh?

your wifes kinda cute,,

Need a laugh?

just think about it,,,theres some old geezer sitting there in a park all alone that would love to see your boobs,,,

Need a laugh?

just think about it,,,theres some old geezer sitting there in a park all alone that would love to see your boobs,,,

:haha:

Need a laugh?

:haha:

you laugh now,,,but you are depriving someone of one last look at bare boobs,,,,

Forum List

Back