What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Whole New Game for Electric "Bikes"

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score

I've never heard of this thing before, but WHAT A CONCEPT! It obliterates the line between electric bikes and motorcycles, with a $5k vehicle that has 20hp, gobs of torque, and a range of 80 miles, while tipping the scales at 200 lbs. It can apparently be fully charged in a couple hours on house current.

Seems to me like it would be a great commuter bike. Assuming anyone actually goes to work anymore.

Charter Member
Reaction score
Think of all the pollution it took to create the energy to charge those things, and all the toxic materials that had to be mined and someday will need to be disposed of in the batteries.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I built myself an electric bike a few years ago. It will do 25 mph but I'm not sure the range as I've never ran it out of battery. I use it to run to the store or anywhere local in the summer. It cost me around $500 to build.

deannalw

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That seat looks like it would destroy my ass.

There's a fella lives 4-5 miles down the highway from us. Now and then he rides his bike into town, about 15 miles from his place. There are some pretty good hills he has to tackle and he ain't young anymore, so he made himself a motor assist dealio that works just fine for him.

And his seat looks a lot more comfy. :)

OP
DGS49

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the seat is a lot more comfortable than it looks. This is the case with a lot of MC seats; and the converse is also true: There are seats that look comfortable that are not.

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I've never heard of this thing before, but WHAT A CONCEPT! It obliterates the line between electric bikes and motorcycles, with a $5k vehicle that has 20hp, gobs of torque, and a range of 80 miles, while tipping the scales at 200 lbs. It can apparently be fully charged in a couple hours on house current.

Seems to me like it would be a great commuter bike. Assuming anyone actually goes to work anymore.
Here in Michigan we have amazing bike trails. They tore up rr tracks from Lake MI to Lake Huron and one by one each city is paving their section of the trail and it is AMAZING. At first they tried to ban battery bikes but someone handicapped sued and they won.

This bike you are showing might not be allowed on the path. So I would not buy this one. I think your bike has to have peddles on it at least.

Anyways, it's the best thing I have purchased in a long time. I feel like a kid again.

Yesterday I went out for a ride with a neighbor who has a regular bike. He was huffing and puffing keeping up with me. I was not.

And my battery goes about 40 miles so I purchased another battery. In the future this technology is going to get much better. The batteries are huge, run out too fast and take too long to charge.

This is my bike only different color

1620828703835.png

$1500. Extra battery $500. Basket and other accessories $100.

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Think of all the pollution it took to create the energy to charge those things, and all the toxic materials that had to be mined and someday will need to be disposed of in the batteries.
Think about how many times I'm going to ride my bike and not put up toxic fumes into the air.

Think about when the technology gets better.

Or maybe I should convert my bike so that it takes coal fuel to burn. Yea

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That seat looks like it would destroy my ass.

There's a fella lives 4-5 miles down the highway from us. Now and then he rides his bike into town, about 15 miles from his place. There are some pretty good hills he has to tackle and he ain't young anymore, so he made himself a motor assist dealio that works just fine for him.

And his seat looks a lot more comfy. :)
There are some off road trails that say "no motorized vehicles". Of course bikes are allowed and you'd have to be pretty petty to complain that my bike has battery assist.

OP
DGS49

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my view, this is not a bicycle; it is a powered two-wheeled vehicle. It belongs on regular roads and streets, not on bike trails, paved or not.

Still, given its price point and capability, it is a game-changer. Weather considerations aside, I would ride this damn thing to work every day...if I worked, which I don't.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$505.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List