A white bar owner in Omaha, Nebraska shot and killed a black protester. He won't face charges

The bar owner is a piece of crap with a long criminal history and plea bargains to get down to misdemeanors. Numerous weapons infractions, including one that should have been prosecuted that night, carrying a concealed weapon without permit.

Piece of crap or not, that doesn't deny him the right to protect his property.

You give up the right to self defense when you are the instigator of the fight.

But the article says the authorities declared the shooting self defense.

I find that excuse to be weak. His dad instigated the whole thing. They were minding their own business standing on the sidewalk where they had a right to be before his dad came and started picking a fight. His dad got pushed back and his son flew off the handle brandishing his illegally concealed gun and acting all tough.

It's complete bullshit. These guys are trash and responsible for the death of a person.

That may be, but he's entitled to due process, is he not?

The bar owner is a piece of crap with a long criminal history and plea bargains to get down to misdemeanors. Numerous weapons infractions, including one that should have been prosecuted that night, carrying a concealed weapon without permit.

I find that excuse to be weak. His dad instigated the whole thing. They were minding their own business standing on the sidewalk where they had a right to be before his dad came and started picking a fight. His dad got pushed back and his son flew off the handle brandishing his illegally concealed gun and acting all tough.

It's complete bullshit. These guys are trash and responsible for the death of a person.

Everyone is entitled to due process. Whether this is actually due process is debatable.

James Scurlock "protester"??? Really? Why was a "protester" attacking the white guy? Sounds like a rioter to me.

Everyone is entitled to due process. Whether this is actually due process is debatable.

Certainly. That's why I believe emotions should be left out of it. Justice works best with the facts. It may move slowly, but it can get into the credibility of both involved pretty quickly. It looks like it was a fast decision, which may or may not be due to a cut and dry conclusion to an investigation. It can always be revisited for any reason, however.

Certainly. That's why I believe emotions should be left out of it. Justice works best with the facts. It may move slowly, but it can get into the credibility of both involved pretty quickly. It looks like it was a fast decision, which may or may not be due to a cut and dry conclusion to an investigation. It can always be revisited for any reason, however.
Then why make an announcement at all?

Im not holding my breath. We give the benefit of the doubt to self defense to an extreme degree. The cowboys who get themselves into these situations seem to always get away with it.

Forum List

Back