A Travesty Of Justice. Part 4.

dimensional

VIP Member
Feb 17, 2023
I had to skip over some others to get to this one. But it is a good one. I heard about this case on some history show. Which is strange because at any other time that they showed something on TV, it had a pro black, pro integration stance. Neither do I see any reason why they would have been talking bullshit. On this history show they spoke of an incident where 3 outside agitators were killed by some klansmen in the south in the 60's. The victims were two jews and a black.

According to the history program, though there were suspects, the authorities couldn't get any evidence to charge anybody. So the U.S. government made a deal with the Mafia. (A deal that certainly wasn't to the advantage of the American people) The Mafia sent an enforcer to kidnap one of the suspects and get a confession from him. With torture. Apparently, this was done. Three members of the KKK were put on trial and convicted of the murders. Apparently that the confession came by way of kidnapping and torture didn't matter. And from what I remember seeing, that aspect of it didn't even come up in the trial.
Probably because the suspects were told to be convicted or the Mafia would kill their family members.

Though here is where things become strange. I did indeed see this history show. They even had various legal experts making comment on it. Which weren't favorable. And I see nothing that would have benefited the network on which this history show appeared to have allowed bullshit to be broadcast on their network. But in trying to look up this incident on the internet, the story told is wildly different. That two jews and a black guy were killed by some KKK members could be found. But apart from that, the whole story is totally different. Given how the internet works, I can't say I'm surprised.

It helps to know what you are talking about.

Here's the case in question.

In the summer of 1964, according to Linda Schiro and other sources, FBI field agents in Mississippi recruited the mafia captain Gregory Scarpa to help them find the missing civil rights workers.[38] The FBI was convinced the three men had been murdered, but could not find their bodies. The agents thought that Scarpa, using illegal interrogation techniques not available to agents, might succeed at gaining this information from suspects. Once Scarpa arrived in Mississippi, local agents allegedly provided him with a gun and money to pay for information. Scarpa and an agent allegedly pistol-whipped and kidnapped Lawrence Byrd, a TV salesman and secret Klansman, from his store in Laurel and took him to Camp Shelby, a local Army base. At Shelby, Scarpa severely beat Byrd and stuck a gun barrel down his throat. Byrd finally revealed to Scarpa the location of the three men's bodies.[39][40] The FBI has never officially confirmed the Scarpa story. Though not necessarily contradicting the claim of Scarpa's involvement in the matter, investigative journalist Jerry Mitchell and Illinois high school teacher Barry Bradford claimed that Mississippi highway patrolman Maynard King provided the grave locations to FBI agent Joseph Sullivan after obtaining the information from an anonymous third party. In January 1966, Scarpa allegedly helped the FBI a second time in Mississippi on the murder case of Vernon Dahmer, killed in a fire set by the Klan. After this second trip, Scarpa and the FBI had a sharp disagreement about his reward for these services. The FBI then dropped Scarpa as a confidential informant.[41]

I’m starting to see a trend with your posts. You seem to object when Whites are held accountable for killing Minorities. All four of your Travesty Series object to Whites being held accountable for killing Blacks and now a Black and a couple Jews.

Now you’ve gone back sixty years to find the foundation of all that is wrong in the world. At least according to you. You describe the events. With a stretch we could call it adequately. I’d argue this belongs in the history folder. But whatever.

I can think of a lot of more recent cases. If you want to discuss actual cases that are more modern, that might be interesting. If you are looking for ideas, perhaps the innocence project might be a good resource. Sadly for you, they tend to exonerate a lot of Blacks.

Perhaps that can be your next Travesty thread. All those Blacks being let out of prison over minor technicalities.

• Banned
It helps to know what you are talking about.

Here's the case in question.

In the summer of 1964, according to Linda Schiro and other sources, FBI field agents in Mississippi recruited the mafia captain Gregory Scarpa to help them find the missing civil rights workers.[38] The FBI was convinced the three men had been murdered, but could not find their bodies. The agents thought that Scarpa, using illegal interrogation techniques not available to agents, might succeed at gaining this information from suspects. Once Scarpa arrived in Mississippi, local agents allegedly provided him with a gun and money to pay for information. Scarpa and an agent allegedly pistol-whipped and kidnapped Lawrence Byrd, a TV salesman and secret Klansman, from his store in Laurel and took him to Camp Shelby, a local Army base. At Shelby, Scarpa severely beat Byrd and stuck a gun barrel down his throat. Byrd finally revealed to Scarpa the location of the three men's bodies.[39][40] The FBI has never officially confirmed the Scarpa story. Though not necessarily contradicting the claim of Scarpa's involvement in the matter, investigative journalist Jerry Mitchell and Illinois high school teacher Barry Bradford claimed that Mississippi highway patrolman Maynard King provided the grave locations to FBI agent Joseph Sullivan after obtaining the information from an anonymous third party. In January 1966, Scarpa allegedly helped the FBI a second time in Mississippi on the murder case of Vernon Dahmer, killed in a fire set by the Klan. After this second trip, Scarpa and the FBI had a sharp disagreement about his reward for these services. The FBI then dropped Scarpa as a confidential informant.[41]

What I spoke of is what they said on the television history show on the subject. If my recollection isn't exact, it's close enough.

• Banned
I’m starting to see a trend with your posts. You seem to object when Whites are held accountable for killing Minorities. All four of your Travesty Series object to Whites being held accountable for killing Blacks and now a Black and a couple Jews.

Now you’ve gone back sixty years to find the foundation of all that is wrong in the world. At least according to you. You describe the events. With a stretch we could call it adequately. I’d argue this belongs in the history folder. But whatever.

I can think of a lot of more recent cases. If you want to discuss actual cases that are more modern, that might be interesting. If you are looking for ideas, perhaps the innocence project might be a good resource. Sadly for you, they tend to exonerate a lot of Blacks.

Perhaps that can be your next Travesty thread. All those Blacks being let out of prison over minor technicalities.

As I said, I skipped over other travesties of justice to bring this one up. You just have to ask yourself which is worse. Some klansmen killing some outside agitators or the U.S. government teeming up with the Mafia to bring the "guilty" parties to justice.

As I said, I skipped over other travesties of justice to bring this one up. You just have to ask yourself which is worse. Some klansmen killing some outside agitators or the U.S. government teeming up with the Mafia to bring the "guilty" parties to justice.

Outside agitators. I see. You are another one who hates the Constitution.

How about this as a Travesty?

He was finally sentenced a short while ago. A year in jail for shooting his neighbor.

What I spoke of is what they said on the television history show on the subject. If my recollection isn't exact, it's close enough.

Well, not really. There's a story that they went to the mob to get information where the bodies were buried, but the other story is one of their own gave up the location.

Three men were brutally murdered and you are upset that they used sleazy methods to find the bodies? Maybe?

The police do that all the time. Flip small criminals to get big criminals.

Oh, that's easy. The Klan killing civil rights workers is FAR worse.
If it were up to me, we'd declare the Klan a terrorist group, and send their asses to Gitmo, waterboard the shit out of them until we get their buddies, and then send them to prison for long periods of time with well-endowed brothers.

I’ve always had an issue with that story. The FBI at the time was run by Hoover. J. Edgar had his agents regularly breaking and entering houses and businesses to steal information. Often information that would be damaging to the FBI. They harassed critics relentlessly. Fred Cook wrote a book. The FBI nobody knows in which he exposed their tricks.

An FBI Black Bag Job was when the agents would break and enter without a warrant and steal information. When these were exposed, Hoover swore to Congress that the FBI would never again do another Black Bag Job. And they didn’t. The term was changed to FBI Special.

The idea that there was something illegal or unethical that the FBI of the era wouldn’t do, I find that a little tough to swallow. There are those who think that the FBI killed Marilyn Monroe. On the other hand, the FBI also worked out a deal with Lucky Luciano to keep the Dock Workers from striking during World War 2.

The problem is that it is hard to decide which the FBI preferred. If Civil Rights Activists who were trying to get American Citizens Registered to vote kept getting killed. Then the image of the FBI would suffer. They couldn’t be seen as incompetent. Not if they wished to maintain the reputation as the greatest Law Enforcement Agency in the World.

The other problem is that Hoover was no fan of Blacks, voting or doing anything about Civil Rights. And he was not a big fan of the Jews.

Hoover preferred his agents to be White Irish Catholic Males. He believed that no Irish Catholic Man could betray the Nation or the Agency.

It is believed that Hoover tried to Blackmail MLK to stop his activities. I don’t know about that. Hoover was smart enough to recognize a Religious Crusader. A man who believes he is doing God’s work won’t be dissuaded by a threat.

I think Hoover would have just slipped the information to the Press and let them go after King.

My point in all of this is that I don’t know. I don’t know if it was the Mob, a valid theory. I don’t know if they pressured one of the conspirators to turn on them. The Bible says a Guilty Man flees when no one pursues. It is possible it was a man’s guilty conscience that turned the tide.

As for needing help to beat a confession out of a guy. The FBI and cops in general did that regularly. I can’t see them needing help with that.

• Banned
Outside agitators. I see. You are another one who hates the Constitution.

How about this as a Travesty?

He was finally sentenced a short while ago. A year in jail for shooting his neighbor.

What. Is sticking to the topic too much for you? And what has the constitution to do with anything. As for your link, that person wasn't a cop on duty and performing his job.

Well, not really. There's a story that they went to the mob to get information where the bodies were buried, but the other story is one of their own gave up the location.

Three men were brutally murdered and you are upset that they used sleazy methods to find the bodies? Maybe?

The police do that all the time. Flip small criminals to get big criminals.

Oh, that's easy. The Klan killing civil rights workers is FAR worse.
If it were up to me, we'd declare the Klan a terrorist group, and send their asses to Gitmo, waterboard the shit out of them until we get their buddies, and then send them to prison for long periods of time with well-endowed brothers.

Well according to the TV history show, it was as I said it was. The government enlisted the help of the Mafia not to find bodies, but to kidnap and torture a confession out of a suspect. Next, I'm not a member of the Klan. But to me, they're heroes! Because blacks are a criminal species. Blacks make up 12.7 to 13.4% of the U.S. population. But they are responsible for around 48% of the crime that happens. And the worse the crime, such as murder or armed robbery, the more likely it is that a black committed it. By a long shot. Maybe if it wasn't for you anti-Klan types, fewer blacks would think that they have the right to run from cops.

I’ve always had an issue with that story. The FBI at the time was run by Hoover. J. Edgar had his agents regularly breaking and entering houses and businesses to steal information. Often information that would be damaging to the FBI. They harassed critics relentlessly. Fred Cook wrote a book. The FBI nobody knows in which he exposed their tricks.

An FBI Black Bag Job was when the agents would break and enter without a warrant and steal information. When these were exposed, Hoover swore to Congress that the FBI would never again do another Black Bag Job. And they didn’t. The term was changed to FBI Special.

The idea that there was something illegal or unethical that the FBI of the era wouldn’t do, I find that a little tough to swallow. There are those who think that the FBI killed Marilyn Monroe. On the other hand, the FBI also worked out a deal with Lucky Luciano to keep the Dock Workers from striking during World War 2.

The problem is that it is hard to decide which the FBI preferred. If Civil Rights Activists who were trying to get American Citizens Registered to vote kept getting killed. Then the image of the FBI would suffer. They couldn’t be seen as incompetent. Not if they wished to maintain the reputation as the greatest Law Enforcement Agency in the World.

The other problem is that Hoover was no fan of Blacks, voting or doing anything about Civil Rights. And he was not a big fan of the Jews.

Hoover preferred his agents to be White Irish Catholic Males. He believed that no Irish Catholic Man could betray the Nation or the Agency.

It is believed that Hoover tried to Blackmail MLK to stop his activities. I don’t know about that. Hoover was smart enough to recognize a Religious Crusader. A man who believes he is doing God’s work won’t be dissuaded by a threat.

I think Hoover would have just slipped the information to the Press and let them go after King.

My point in all of this is that I don’t know. I don’t know if it was the Mob, a valid theory. I don’t know if they pressured one of the conspirators to turn on them. The Bible says a Guilty Man flees when no one pursues. It is possible it was a man’s guilty conscience that turned the tide.

As for needing help to beat a confession out of a guy. The FBI and cops in general did that regularly. I can’t see them needing help with that.

It seems that the farther back in time you go, the more the police were able to get away with. But back in the 60's, things weren't that bad. back then it was probably pretty difficult to kidnap and torture a confession out of somebody and have testimony obtained through kidnap and torture to be accepted in court. But somehow, they did it.

What. Is sticking to the topic too much for you? And what has the constitution to do with anything. As for your link, that person wasn't a cop on duty and performing his job.

The Constitution guarantees each person the same rights as every other person. The practice of denying Blacks the vote meant that they were denied their Constitutional rights. If you call people who show up and help get the Blacks registered to vote and help them learn the information on the test, agitators, then you are really looking at things oddly.

You do know about the tests that were given at that time don’t you? It was a neat trick. Tell Blacks they didn’t need schools, and then tell them they couldn’t vote because they were not literate enough.

The judgement was up to the Registrar of the county.

Do these “agitators” you denounce were educating Blacks. That way the Blacks could Register to vote. How awful. The very idea that Blacks should have the same rights as a White Person.

It seems that the farther back in time you go, the more the police were able to get away with. But back in the 60's, things weren't that bad. back then it was probably pretty difficult to kidnap and torture a confession out of somebody and have testimony obtained through kidnap and torture to be accepted in court. But somehow, they did it.

Your ignorance is astonishing. Truly it is.

If you don’t know, ignorance means you are lacking information. You just don’t know.

Blacks who a few years later than this event would march for equality, would be arrested. If they had a pocketknife they would be charged with Felony Carrying a Concealed Weapon. Anything that through any stretch of the imagination would be used to justify Felony Arrests and convictions. Including planting evidence and flat assed lying.

Today many but certainly not all lies are exposed by video. It didn’t really exist in those days.

It was 1968 when the Chicago cops beat the dog snot out of protestors at the DNC nomination convention. None of those cops were stopped or punished later.

In 1963 the famous photograph of the protesters marching for Civil Rights was published. You know the one. Where the Cops had their dogs attack a 17 year old marching for equality.

The idea that the cops couldn’t get away with anything is laughable.

You need to read more History. You need to watch more documentaries. You need to learn a lot more than you know now.

The Constitution guarantees each person the same rights as every other person. The practice of denying Blacks the vote meant that they were denied their Constitutional rights. If you call people who show up and help get the Blacks registered to vote and help them learn the information on the test, agitators, then you are really looking at things oddly.

You do know about the tests that were given at that time don’t you? It was a neat trick. Tell Blacks they didn’t need schools, and then tell them they couldn’t vote because they were not literate enough.

The judgement was up to the Registrar of the county.

Do these “agitators” you denounce were educating Blacks. That way the Blacks could Register to vote. How awful. The very idea that Blacks should have the same rights as a White Person.

That's what you get for believing "kiss black ass" history. There may have been a low percentage of blacks who were registered to vote. But there was no doubt a low percentage of Whites who were eligible to vote who were actually registered to do so. Because people lived more rural lives back then. Today, according to this website, 44% of those who are eligible to vote say that they have no interest in doing so.

www.pewtrusts.org › en › research-and-analysisWhy Are Millions of Citizens Not Registered to Vote? | The ...

That's what those outside agitators would have been doing in that regard. Getting blacks to vote who normally may not have been interested in doing so. While leaving those potential White voters who weren't interested in voting uninterested in doing so. Not that it matters much anyway. Because I doubt if any black candidates could have won anything anyway. Next, there isn't a black populated country on the planet that is worth a damn. And you think having blacks in office is a good thing?

Your ignorance is astonishing. Truly it is.

If you don’t know, ignorance means you are lacking information. You just don’t know.

Blacks who a few years later than this event would march for equality, would be arrested. If they had a pocketknife they would be charged with Felony Carrying a Concealed Weapon. Anything that through any stretch of the imagination would be used to justify Felony Arrests and convictions. Including planting evidence and flat assed lying.

Today many but certainly not all lies are exposed by video. It didn’t really exist in those days.

It was 1968 when the Chicago cops beat the dog snot out of protestors at the DNC nomination convention. None of those cops were stopped or punished later.

In 1963 the famous photograph of the protesters marching for Civil Rights was published. You know the one. Where the Cops had their dogs attack a 17 year old marching for equality.

The idea that the cops couldn’t get away with anything is laughable.

You need to read more History. You need to watch more documentaries. You need to learn a lot more than you know now.

Your ignorance is showing in calling me ignorant. I didn't say things weren't bad back then. Just that they weren't as bad as things used to be. Farther back, cops could get away with murder. But as time progressed, such things became less frequent. Though now, things are getting worse again, in the opposite direction. You may have noticed this in my travesties of justice threads. Now apparently blacks think they are allowed to get away from the police. Can't we all just not get along?

That's what you get for believing "kiss black ass" history. There may have been a low percentage of blacks who were registered to vote. But there was no doubt a low percentage of Whites who were eligible to vote who were actually registered to do so. Because people lived more rural lives back then. Today, according to this website, 44% of those who are eligible to vote say that they have no interest in doing so.

www.pewtrusts.org › en › research-and-analysisWhy Are Millions of Citizens Not Registered to Vote? | The ...

That's what those outside agitators would have been doing in that regard. Getting blacks to vote who normally may not have been interested in doing so. While leaving those potential White voters who weren't interested in voting uninterested in doing so. Not that it matters much anyway. Because I doubt if any black candidates could have won anything anyway. Next, there isn't a black populated country on the planet that is worth a damn. And you think having blacks in office is a good thing?

You should stop proving my point. I said that it appeared that to you, the Travesty was that Whites were held accountable for murdering Blacks.

You should stop pretending that it is anything else.

Well according to the TV history show, it was as I said it was. The government enlisted the help of the Mafia not to find bodies, but to kidnap and torture a confession out of a suspect. Next, I'm not a member of the Klan. But to me, they're heroes! Because blacks are a criminal species.

Wow, at least you are honest compared to a lot of other racists here.

YOu are still a racist and reprehensible, but I recognize your honesty about it.

You should stop proving my point. I said that it appeared that to you, the Travesty was that Whites were held accountable for murdering Blacks.

You should stop pretending that it is anything else.

When you have to enlist the mafia to do what you want, you aren't interested in justice at all.

Wow, at least you are honest compared to a lot of other racists here.

YOu are still a racist and reprehensible, but I recognize your honesty about it.

Truth is hate to those who hate the truth. Tell me more about how much you hate truth.

Forum List

Back