A Tiny Kerfuffle

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The Bob Woodward commotion set off so many warning bells I thought Quasimodo was swinging around the White House. It’s not wise to believe anything the Administration says. It’s not wise to believe anything critical media stooges might say about Hussein. It’s downright insane to believe Hussein’s media and Hussein’s Administration had a falling out. The media lost so much credibility lionizing and covering up for Hussein ——and Clinton before that —— the skeptic in me shouted “Watch out on this one” when the Woodward story broke.

What better way to try and salvage media credibility than to stage a fake fight. I’d sooner believe wrestling was on the level than believe the media is not a propaganda tool for the forces of big government; i.e., Hussein & Company.

Were the media serious about finally establishing and maintaining an adversarial relationship with the government, all government, I can think of a dozen better ways to do it than a phoney media hissy fit. The mere fact that Woodward is getting so much coverage tells me that the media wants Americans to believe that antagonism towards government already exists without doing anything to prove it.

Access

Access is the longest running con job of all:

By now, we all know, or should know, the strengths and weaknesses of Bob Woodward. As an old-fashioned beat reporter and player of the Washington access game, he has few, if any, equals.

February 28, 2013
Bob Woodward Throws an Interception
Posted by John Cassidy

Bob Woodward Throws an Interception : The New Yorker

Instead of reporters fearing tough questions will cost them access, a serious media would make government douche bags beg for a chance to preach their garbage to millions. Do it that way and one of three things follow:

1. Government officials will know they are going to be grilled big time.

2. Government officials won’t get their message out if they don’t agree to the “NO softball questions” format beforehand.

3. In the unlikely event government officials refuse to appear on the talkies, candidates running for office sure as hell will NOT refuse to advertise come election time.

Advertising is the very essence of democracy. Anton Chekhov

The problem is that the media reports everything a douche bag says as though it is news. Not once did I ever see ‘talking points reporting’ stop anything the douche bags plan on doing. Hussein proves my case. His media stooges give him more face time that any ten presidents before him ever got, yet not one dirty thing he did was prevented because of his non-stop talk. In fact, the more he talks the more he gets away with the faster he takes the country downhill.

i guess you gave up on the Benghazi nonsense and need a new fake scandal?

did you read the emails?

to truthmatters: That’s none of your business. If you have something to say about e-mails —— say it.

i guess you gave up on the benghazi nonsense and need a new fake scandal?

to truthmatters: You not only guess wrong benghazi is a tragic scandal hussein & company will never answer for.

to esmeralda: Small response from an easily amused small mind.

lol You're chewing on an old bone now. This is now a non-story and you're trying to make it one. It's just laughable.

Last edited:
The Bob Woodward commotion set off so many warning bells I thought Quasimodo was swinging around the White House. It’s not wise to believe anything the Administration says. It’s not wise to believe anything critical media stooges might say about Hussein. It’s downright insane to believe Hussein’s media and Hussein’s Administration had a falling out. The media lost so much credibility lionizing and covering up for Hussein ——and Clinton before that —— the skeptic in me shouted “Watch out on this one” when the Woodward story broke.

What better way to try and salvage media credibility than to stage a fake fight. I’d sooner believe wrestling was on the level than believe the media is not a propaganda tool for the forces of big government; i.e., Hussein & Company.

Were the media serious about finally establishing and maintaining an adversarial relationship with the government, all government, I can think of a dozen better ways to do it than a phoney media hissy fit. The mere fact that Woodward is getting so much coverage tells me that the media wants Americans to believe that antagonism towards government already exists without doing anything to prove it.

Access

By now, we all know, or should know, the strengths and weaknesses of Bob Woodward. As an old-fashioned beat reporter and player of the Washington access game, he has few, if any, equals.

February 28, 2013
Posted by John Cassidy

Instead of reporters fearing tough questions will cost them access, a serious media would make government douche bags beg for a chance to preach their garbage to millions. Do it that way and one of three things follow:

2. Government officials won’t get their message out if they don’t agree to the “NO softball questions” format beforehand.

3. In the unlikely event government officials refuse to appear on the talkies, candidates running for office sure as hell will NOT refuse to advertise come election time.

The problem is that the media reports everything a douche bag says as though it is news. Not once did I ever see ‘talking points reporting’ stop anything the douche bags plan on doing. Hussein proves my case. His media stooges give him more face time that any ten presidents before him ever got, yet not one dirty thing he did was prevented because of his non-stop talk. In fact, the more he talks the more he gets away with the faster he takes the country downhill.

If somebody with the total power of the United State's government behind them told you "you will regret it" it's best to take it seriously and try to protect yourself by going public with the threat. I have no personal affinity for Bob Woodward but this administration is out of control.

Access

February 28, 2013
Posted by John Cassidy

If somebody with the total power of the United State's government behind them told you "you will regret it" it's best to take it seriously and try to protect yourself by going public with the threat. I have no personal affinity for Bob Woodward but this administration is out of control.

OMG give it up, give it up, give it up. This reminds me of when I took two dogs to the lake and threw a stick out in the water. They raced each other to get it and one of them got it and began swimming back. The other one, not getting the stick I threw, looked around for another one and found some small piece of bark which he tried to swim back with, hanging onto it with his teeth for dear life. He totally had the wrong stick but was dying to make it the one I'd thrown, and all I could do was laugh at him.

Get a grip on reality. You're making a fool of yourself. The party is over. Go home, get some sleep, and call your doctor in the morning.

Last edited:
lol You're chewing on an old bone now. This is now a non-story and you're trying to make it one. It's just laughable.

To Esmeralda: You must work for a dentist. You gotta get off the laughing gas before it does serious brain damage.

To whitehall: You might be right about Woodward. A lifetime of watching those people has made me so cynical I cannot trust their motives.

In the mundane world of journalism Ben Bradlee is akin to John Wayne's screen persona; a straight shooter; a rock of honesty who never did a wrong thing in his life. Frankly, I never believed it.

Back when Watergate was happening I thought Bradlee’s motive was less than pure. Even today, detractors fail to mention the fact that he was JFK’s pal on top of hating Richard Nixon for his role in bringing down Alger Hiss. It’s not difficult to visualize how hatred must have consumed Bradlee after Nixon rose from the dead and won the presidency in 1968. Hence, at the first opportunity Bradlee gave Woodward and Bernstein free rein to do whatever was necessary to destroy Nixon over nothing more than political dirty tricks.

Woodward has been discredited although his fellow journalists still hang on every word he says when he appears on TV panels. Nor will you find the MSM looking at Ben Bradlee with a jaundiced eye. Happily, his John Wayne image is occasionally examined on the Internet:

Then came the authorized biography of long-serving Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee (Yours in Truth: A Personal Portrait of Ben Bradlee, by Jeff Himmelman), in which Bradlee allowed his biographer to see all his notes of the Watergate era. In these, Bradlee shrewdly covered both sides of the street by repeatedly expressing doubt about the truthfulness of the Woodward-Bernstein account of Watergate. It also clearly detailed that Woodward and Bernstein did little actual investigating; . . .

XXXXX

And while Bradlee facilitated the publication of the debunking of both the honesty and the enterprise of Woodward and Bernstein, he did not unsay any of his decades of jubilation about both the fun and the virtue of destroying the Nixon administration. The unmasking of Woodward and Bernstein sheds no credit on Bradlee, nor on his employer, my late friend, and a very gracious and generally admirable woman, Kay Graham. They went to extraordinary lengths to destroy a distinguished administration, although they knew that the basis on which the destruction was happening, while it inflated their prestige and profits, was of questionable accuracy and fairness.

The Truth about Bob Woodward
By Conrad Black
March 28, 2013 4:00 A.M.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/344038/truth-about-bob-woodward-conrad-blac

Forum List

Back