A Tar Baby for Political Commentators

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Since I posted yesterday about the propaganda and disinformation that infest the reportage on events in Ukraine, the amount of mendacity and fake news surrounding the war has, if anything, increased. The number of what I called “shallow fakes” in the visual reporting has grown enormously, to the point where there’s no reason to trust anything you see.

Images or videos from China in 2015, from Iraq in 2003, from Ukraine in 2014, are being repurposed as current news about the invasion of Ukraine. Just think about it — every one of those images and videos was deliberately inserted into social media or MSM news feeds with a fake identifier. That is, someone fully intended to hoax their audience with bogus information.

Who’s doing all that? How many agents of disinformation are out there feeding this malarkey into the common matrix of popular awareness? Who are they working for? Who’s paying them?

To my mind, anyone who forms an opinion based on what appears in the MSM, including Fox News, is being foolhardy, to put it mildly.

Keep reading

It's a Shitshow that could get outta control fast and spread

Hopefully the Russians can pull it together
ststgsgsgshsh.jpeg

If some company would take the effort to create a reliable 24/7 news outlet that reported the news accurately and had a fair and equal liberal and conservative commentary on events — it would be extremely successful.

Today all news is propaganda. You pick your propaganda and I pick mine and neither of us knows the truth.

Forum List

Back