A tale about health insurance and plumbing

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
A long time ago I used to work for a plumbing company.

Those plumbers made damn close to minimum wage.

It was a job where the wives earned the money and husbands needed somewhere to go every day.

I earned a little bit more because I was a HVAC tech.

-------------

One day, one of our employees , (from Belize) comes in and he's all pissed off.

He finds out his quote from Kaiser is the same amount as an individual as it is on the company plan.

The manager says "BULLSHT ! we contribute a lot to the health insurance plan"

Who is right?

Who is wrong?

The answer is they're both right.

The employee pays nearly the same amount as if he bought insurance on his own, and the health insurance company charges the employer on their plan.

WHY THE FK WOULD AN INSURANCE COMPANY GIVE ANY EMPLOYED PERSON A DISCOUNT???

When a person walks in off the street, they don't know how much money they have.

When an employer walk in and says "i need a plan for 200 people" , everyone is employed, everyone is making money ...no discounts.

People in America have to accept the fact these rates are fictional, not based on anything.

It was a job where the wives earned the money and husbands needed somewhere to go every day.

-------------

He finds out his quote from Kaiser is the same amount as an individual as it is on the company plan.

Who is right?

Who is wrong?

The employee pays nearly the same amount as if he bought insurance on his own, and the health insurance company charges the employer on their plan.

When a person walks in off the street, they don't know how much money they have.

When an employer walk in and says "i need a plan for 200 people" , everyone is employed, everyone is making money ...no discounts.

People in America have to accept the fact these rates are fictional, not based on anything.

Rates are based on what the insurance companies can get away with. They charge every penny allowed. That's why we have to have regulated insurance rates.

-------------

Who is right?

Who is wrong?

Sounds to me like you employer was the world's worst negotiator.

-------------

Who is right?

Who is wrong?

Is that you Joe the not a plumber? Lies like that are easily identified, and they just make you look stooooooooopid.

You've CLEARLY never worked as or hired a plumber if you think they make about minimum wage.

in the wonderful world of Democrat California , not a "Right to Work" state, but a "At Will" state . (means the same fkn thing)

Plumbers are headed for minimum wage.

We have companies where plumbers stand in a parking lot waiting for a call. Many days, they don't get calls

Forum List

Back