A sound argument for banning 'assault weapons'?

No one? Really?
Why is it you anti-gun loons only want to discuss 'assault weapons' when you have the fresh blood of innocent people to cry about?

FYI, according to the FBI more Americans are killed with knives and hammers in the US than by assault rifle every year.... just sayin'. (When are they going to implement that 30-day waiting period to buy a hammer? :p )
Roughly the same time people start saying hammers are for protection, or 20,000 people a year kill themselves with one...

About 20,000 use means other than guns........rope being the leading cause....and you can use rope to save lives....but do you want to ban rope?

FYI, according to the FBI more Americans are killed with knives and hammers in the US than by assault rifle every year.... just sayin'. (When are they going to implement that 30-day waiting period to buy a hammer? :p )
Roughly the same time people start saying hammers are for protection, or 20,000 people a year kill themselves with one...

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

You realize that 19,974 people committed suicide in the United States, in 2013 without a gun...right?

See table 10 of the above link.

QUOTE =
"According to crime statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), knives are consistently used to kill people far more often than rifles are used. And the numbers aren’t even close: five times as many murders were committed with knives than were committed with rifles last year.

The FBI statistics show that knives have been used as a murder weapon far more often than rifles — even those evil “assault weapons” we hear so much about — for quite a while. In 2013, knives or other cutting instruments were used to kill 1,490 victims. In contrast, rifles were the cause of death of 285 murder victims. Shotguns were used in 308 murders. In 2009, the ratio was very similar: knives were used in five times as many murders as rifles.
According to crime statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), knives are consistently used to kill people far more often than rifles are used. And the numbers aren’t even close: five times as many murders were committed with knives than were committed with rifles last year."

Knives Killed Five Times As Many People As Rifles Last Year

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE =
"4. Blunt objects + 3. Body weapons + 2. Knives result in MUCH larger crime numbers than 1. Firearms
Also note that: Use of knives, bats, personal body weapons and blunt objects (as highlighted in red) are the tools, which the criminals use to take far more lives that guns. Criminals will always get their their weapons, no matter what. That is a FACT!"

Top 10 most common murder weapons

Shadow 355

Last edited:
30 people die everyday from drunk driving....thats one death every 48 minutes. Let that sink in.

We need to ban alcohol before banning anything else.

30 people die everyday from drunk driving....thats one death every 48 minutes. Let that sink in.

We need to ban alcohol before banning anything else.
Hold on there, guy! I own a bar AND I'm getting my FFL. Does everyone want to put me out of business? :D
You own a bar and serve the devils juice that kills 10's of thousands/year. You should be held responsible as well. I'm sending people to your bar to protest #alcoholkills

Leafing through my latest American Rifleman, I see that Ruger has finally released its Precision Rifle.

Based on the AR-10 lower and available in .308, .243 and 6.5 Creedmor, it will accept 5-10- and-20- round M110, SR-25. DPMS and M-14 magazines. MSRP $1300

For those of you that support banning 'assault weapons" -- why should this rifle be banned?

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)
Because ISIS might use them?

About 20,000 use means other than guns........rope being the leading cause....and you can use rope to save lives....but do you want to ban rope?
I didnt know ropes were invented with the intent to kill people? What a retarded false comparison.

I didnt know ropes were invented with the intent to kill people? What a retarded false comparison.

They can bind and hold and hang people.....and they have always been used to kill animals...in snares and nets.....so again, you are wrong....

They can bind and hold and hang people.....and they have always been used to kill animals...in snares and nets.....so again, you are wrong....
No stupid. They werent invented to kill people.

No stupid. They werent invented to kill people.

They were invented to first kill animals....nets and snares....dipshit.

Forum List

Back