A sound argument for banning 'assault weapons'?

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Leafing through my latest American Rifleman, I see that Ruger has finally released its Precision Rifle.

Based on the AR-10 lower and available in .308, .243 and 6.5 Creedmor, it will accept 5-10- and-20- round M110, SR-25. DPMS and M-14 magazines. MSRP $1300

For those of you that support banning 'assault weapons" -- why should this rifle be banned?

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)

Last edited:
Mute point since an assault rifle has the capability of fully automatic fire and this one doesn't. Calling any black rifle with semi-auto capability an assault rifle is just a tactic by the anti-gun crowd to try and make them seem ominous.

Leafing through my latest American Rifleman, I see that Ruger has finally released its Precision Rifle.

Based on the AR-10 lower and available in .308, .243 and 6.5 Creedmor, it will accept 5-10- and-20- round M110, SR-25. DPMS and M-14 magazines. MSRP $1300

For those of you that support banning 'assault weapons" -- why should this rifle be banned?

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)

Saw one the other day myself.
Really like it!!
And surely liberals aren't that stupid..

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)

Really like it!!
Surely, they are.

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)

Really like it!!
Surely, they are.

To late now anyway...someone let the cat out of the bag already.
Acted like he was playing family feud,he did.

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)
Fancy toys for mindless boys...

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)
Translation:
You know you have no sound argument as to why the rifle in question should be banned.

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)
Translation:
You know you have no sound argument as to why the rifle in question should be banned.
That's no different than any other gun I'd ban, which is most of them for nearly everyone. As I said, fancy...

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)
Translation:
That's no different than any other gun I'd ban, which is most of them for nearly everyone.
For which you know you have, again, no sound argument.

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)
Translation:
That's no different than any other gun I'd ban, which is most of them for nearly everyone.
Oh, I have a pile of bodies I can use to ban guns. It's just the boys love their deadly toys here so we have nothing like reasonable gun control. No worries, if I said OK, sell it to this guy, you'd be a fan of gun control as well.
3832666269_islam_terrorist_xlarge.jpeg

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)

I fully support the banning of assault rifles and weapons of any type....in the hands of the Federal Government.
- Obama armed Mexican Drug Cartels: Over 350 people were killed, one a US BPA; one of the weapons was just tied to the Tennessee Recruiter's Office terrorist attack; no one was ever held accountable, and 7 years later Obama is STILL refusing to obey a court order and release documents; Eric Holder was caught perjuring himself 4 times to Congress over it and should be in jail but was protected...

- Obama armed Al Qaeida in Libya, took the country to war on his own to help them take over Libya; 4 Americans died and now Al Qaeida has their own country

- Obama ran guns to Syrian rebels out of Benghazi...they became ISIS, flooded into Iraq, and now the nation liberated at great expense by our militarty is under seige by terrorists this administration armed...

The government who seeks to disarm the American people, in violation of the US Constitution, has armed and is arming some of this nation's biggest enemies!

(Yes, I know. Shhhh.)
Translation:
Oh, I have a pile of bodies I can use to ban guns. It's just the boys love their deadly toys here so we have nothing like reasonable gun control. No worries, if I said OK, sell it to this guy, you'd be a fan of gun control as well.
Thank you for proving my point.

Translation:
No, I proved mine. Everyone is a fan of gun control, for the people they don't want shooting back.

Translation:
No, I proved mine.
:lol:

FYI, according to the FBI more Americans are killed with knives and hammers in the US than by assault rifle every year.... just sayin'. (When are they going to implement that 30-day waiting period to buy a hammer? :p )

FYI, according to the FBI more Americans are killed with knives and hammers in the US than by assault rifle every year.... just sayin'. (When are they going to implement that 30-day waiting period to buy a hammer? :p )

As soon as they start selling them like this...
assault_hammer.jpg

Actually...
2009-2013, 9x more people are killed by bladed weapons (8378), blunt objects (2624) and person weapons (hands, feet - 3731) than rifles of all kinds (1633).
FBI Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Roughly the same time people start saying hammers are for protection, or 20,000 people a year kill themselves with one...

Forum List

Back