A revolt is growing as more people refuse to pay back student loans

Good Lord. Only conservatives would think an education is a BAD thing. :rolleyes-41:

The tards think you only need enough schooling to learn how to handle a mop. That's what made America great.

LOL, the "Republican" couldn't spot the liberal fallacy.

Government not giving people free college means Republicans oppose college.

What morons you both are

Perhaps you should have read the topic before spouting off:

We have too many college graduates as it is.

4 year community college that extends childhood to 30, and makes a bachelors as worthless as a high school diploma is now.

It takes a special kind of retard to believe a college education is worthless or that "we have too many college graduates".

Did you read the thread title and the OP's post? The discussion is about government paying for college. I know bripat and uncensored and neither are going to oppose you buying a college education with your own money. They are both going to oppose you buying a college education with our money

There is good debt and there is bad debt. Good debt is one which invests in something which will bring a return. Like a college education.

A college educated person earns much, much, much more money over their lifetime than a high school graduate. And they experience far less unemployment.

And that means they are far more productive members of society.

So go ahead and keep deluding yourselves, tards, that "we have too many college graduates" and that a college education is worthless.

There is a great deal of irony about idiots commenting on the worthlessness of a college education. :badgrin:

Good Lord. Only conservatives would think an education is a BAD thing. :rolleyes-41:

The tards think you only need enough schooling to learn how to handle a mop. That's what made America great.

What morons you both are

4 year community college that extends childhood to 30, and makes a bachelors as worthless as a high school diploma is now.

It takes a special kind of retard to believe a college education is worthless or that "we have too many college graduates".

Angry conservatives. Nothing new there. ;)

I'm not angry and I'm not a conservative, you're not doing too well today

What morons you both are

Did you read the thread title and the OP's post? The discussion is about government paying for college. I know bripat and uncensored and neither are going to oppose you buying a college education with your own money. They are both going to oppose you buying a college education with our money

I know. Someone else had brought up free education, using our tax money since we pay SO much in taxes. That is what I'm talking about.

I've already paid MY student loans. IF it was not for student loans, I could be collecting public assistance right now. So I am certainly all FOR student loans too. I just wish more people could pay them. However, our job market is still stinking. A lot of jobs are part time or temp jobs.

What morons you both are

BTW, once your tax money leaves your hands. It is NOT "your" money anymore. :)

There is good debt and there is bad debt. Good debt is one which invests in something which will bring a return. Like a college education.

A college educated person earns much, much, much more money over their lifetime than a high school graduate. And they experience far less unemployment.

And that means they are far more productive members of society.

So go ahead and keep deluding yourselves, tards, that "we have too many college graduates" and that a college education is worthless.

The problem with buying a college education with other people's money is too many kids think of it as play money and get useless degrees and party too much. They only realize it was real money when they have to start paying it back and can't earn a decent living on their sociology degree they thought sounded interesting.

I paid most of my own way through college working nights, summers, spring break, winter break and so on, the cost was always real to me. Double majored in Math & Computer Science at Maryland with $4K in debt and my first job paying $33K. In 1988. GE paid for my first masters, but I worked a full time job while I got a Masters in Computer Science at Virginia Tech. Then I borrowed the money to get my MBA at Michigan and went into Management Consulting where I earned enough to pay it back in a couple years.

In management I get an endless stream of applicants today I pay less than I earned in my first job in 1988 who have the college degree checkmark but no direct relevant skills to anything. Government funding that will just make it worse. More people will get more useless degrees they don't take seriously. That isn't how to grow our economy

What morons you both are

I know. Someone else had brought up free education, using our tax money since we pay SO much in taxes. That is what I'm talking about.

I've already paid MY student loans. IF it was not for student loans, I could be collecting public assistance right now. So I am certainly all FOR student loans too. I just wish more people could pay them. However, our job market is still stinking. A lot of jobs are part time or temp jobs.

Paying back loans isn't as passive as you make it sound. I when I was younger, used to tutor calculus at Rockville High School in Maryland. One of the students at the end of the year said to me he really appreciated I gave him the perspective that everyone asked him what he was going to do ... in ... college. I was the only one who asked him what he was going to do ... after ... college...

What morons you both are

What a useless statement. If government pays more out, they one way or another take it in out of the economy. So yeah, it is my money

What morons you both are

The OP is about fraudulent companies ripping off kids, and the kids are fighting back. It has been pointed out in this topic that many of these kids took out loans from private lenders.

Did you read ANY of this topic?

It’s been a month since 15 former students of the failing for-profit giant Corinthian Colleges said they would not pay a dime of their student loans because the school broke the law.

What morons you both are

Not to mention, that would mean LESS people receiving public assistance. Duh. We could be a LOT better than we are now.

Not everyone would want to or would be qualified to go, so it wouldn't be something for everyone.

My God, you believe that crap that government spending money will reduce deficits. I'll start translating posts into your native tongue for you. Baa, baa

The OP is about fraudulent companies ripping off kids, and the kids are fighting back. It has been pointed out in this topic that many of these kids took out loans from private lenders.

It’s been a month since 15 former students of the failing for-profit giant Corinthian Colleges said they would not pay a dime of their student loans because the school broke the law.

"By the time Heiney graduated in August 2014, she said she had racked up $18,810 in debt, with nearly 80 percent coming from federal loans. This month marks the end of the six-month grace period on her student loans, which means the government will starting asking Heiney for its money. But she won’t pay."

Yeah, it's a real stand on principle. I think the question is still whether you read it

What morons you both are

What a useless statement. If government pays more out, they one way or another take it in out of the economy. So yeah, it is my money

No it's not "your" money. It is "our" money once it goes to the government. Higher education is a good investment in our country and our future. An educated society is a GOOD thing.

No it's not "your" money. It is "our" money once it goes to the government.

You have the choice to donate to charities. When you confiscate my money by force and spend it on something I oppose, you are spending my money. You always had the choice what do do with yours. You just want government to take your money and your responsibility for you.

Higher education is a good investment in our country and our future. An educated society is a GOOD thing.

Begging the question. You just made a statement neither of us disagrees with. You are supposed to reply to what I said, not re-state the obvious that has nothing to do with our disagreement.

"By the time Heiney graduated in August 2014, she said she had racked up $18,810 in debt, with nearly 80 percent coming from federal loans. This month marks the end of the six-month grace period on her student loans, which means the government will starting asking Heiney for its money. But she won’t pay."

Yeah, it's a real stand on principle. I think the question is still whether you read it

No it's not "your" money. It is "our" money once it goes to the government.

You have the choice to donate to charities. When you confiscate my money by force and spend it on something I oppose, you are spending my money. You always had the choice what do do with yours. You just want government to take your money and your responsibility for you.

Higher education is a good investment in our country and our future. An educated society is a GOOD thing.

Begging the question. You just made a statement neither of us disagrees with. You are supposed to reply to what I said, not re-state the obvious that has nothing to do with our disagreement.

Yeah, sure, lol, in an IDEAL world, your ideas would work. THAT is why we don't rely on charitable donations anymore. MOST people don't give a shit about other people. That's a fact.

Yeah, sure, lol, in an IDEAL world, your ideas would work.

That I got an education with little help from my parents, worked so I could limit debt and got useful degrees that provided the income to pay back what I did have to borrow shows how wrong you are.

As for to that self reliance being "IDEAL" world and it doesn't work so we need government to do it for us, all I can say is

:cuckoo:

THAT is why we don't rely on charitable donations anymore. MOST people don't give a shit about other people. That's a fact.

The tsunami in the Indian ocean and other catastrophes shows how wrong you are.

Also, apparently personal responsibility like I took apparently just isn't part of your world as you keep ignoring that completely.

My view is:

1) Self reliance

2) Charity

Your view is

1) Government

Gawd, that's what keeps getting us deeper into this mess. Government provides our retirement and now our health care, you people now want free college. Oh, but government spending will reduce deficits kaz. Yeah. You are tripping

So these students are revolting against paying back a loan they volunteered to take all by themselves. Only a libturd would think of revolting against something they signed up for.

Apparently you didn't read the article, many of these protestors went to Corinthian, a for-profit school (which I will get back to in a moment) that was shut down because they couldn't receive federal funds because they used deceptive marketing techniques and lied to the federal government about their job rates. Which they paid employers to hire students for 1 day to inflate job numbers. This is classic misrepresentation in contract law. They misrepresented the facts that if were revealed to them, it would have effected the decision making.

This lead to students having high debt, no jobs, and no ability to pay off the student loan debt.

You republicans rail on welfare "queens" who milk the system without putting anything into it, yet praise these for-profit colleges who do the same thing. They get all their money from the federal government with no strings attached. They don't give a damn about the schooling these kids get which in many cases are not up to the legal standard required for the field. And they don't have any liability. They got their money but the students didn't get the education that was promised to put them in the field they wanted. The Schools didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

Corinthian, a for-profit school (which I will get back to in a moment) that was shut down because they couldn't receive federal funds because they used deceptive marketing techniques and lied to the federal government about their job rates

This isn't just about fraudulent loans. Did you read the article? She just doesn't want to pay:

That I got an education with little help from my parents, worked so I could limit debt and got useful degrees that provided the income to pay back what I did have to borrow shows how wrong you are.

As for to that self reliance being "IDEAL" world and it doesn't work so we need government to do it for us, all I can say is

THAT is why we don't rely on charitable donations anymore. MOST people don't give a shit about other people. That's a fact.

Also, apparently personal responsibility like I took apparently just isn't part of your world as you keep ignoring that completely.

My view is:

1) Self reliance

2) Charity

Your view is

1) Government

Gawd, that's what keeps getting us deeper into this mess. Government provides our retirement and now our health care, you people now want free college. Oh, but government spending will reduce deficits kaz. Yeah. You are tripping

What job can an 18 year old work at that would be able to pay his tuition at the same time as going to school? None. Tuition is at least $18k/yr. To pay that off and other living expenses, the person would have to work a 40K with a high school degree. That doesn't exist in this world for young people.

Also, these students were told this degree would get them a job in their field. They manipulated the job numbers to say "Hey, you will get a job when you graduate!" Which weren't true. These schools broke the law, that's why they are trying to get their loan forgiven.

My view is:

1) Self reliance

2) Charity

Your view is

1) Government

Well, la-tee-da. Some of us had parents who could not afford to send us to college. Okay? Consider yourself one of the LUCKY ones.

Unfortunately, you are just WRONG. Food banks are suffering every year because they NEED more people to donate food. There are TOO many people in need and not enough generous people out there to rely on charitable donations.

Your world is a fantasy world.

Corinthian, a for-profit school (which I will get back to in a moment) that was shut down because they couldn't receive federal funds because they used deceptive marketing techniques and lied to the federal government about their job rates

This isn't just about fraudulent loans. Did you read the article? She just doesn't want to pay:

Maybe she CAN'T pay.

Forum List

Back