A remarkable young woman and accomplished explorer. And a master at handling trolls.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta

Jade Hameister has accomplished some amazing things in her expeditions.

She started in Greenland and cross-country skied all the to the North Pole. She skied 8 to 10 hours a day, towing a sled with supplies that weighed 50kg (110 lbs). When she did a TED Talk about her trip to the North Pole, the video of the talk went up on YouTube. That is when the trolls came out. Numerous little twits called for her to "make me a sandwich". Which is a classic response by a misogynistic asshole.

So when this amazing young woman went for another expedition. She skied 60km (372 miles) from the Ross Ice Shelf to the South Pole. From sea level to an elevation of 9,200 feet in 37 days. Again, towing a sled that weighed more than she does.

And then comes the best part. Of course there were lots of pics of her accomplishment.

My favorite is:
A sandwich.jpg

She made them a sandwich. All they have to do is ski 372 miles, across frozen landscape, climbing 9,000 feet, and they can have it.

She started in Greenland and cross-country skied all the to the North Pole. She skied 8 to 10 hours a day, towing a sled with supplies that weighed 50kg (110 lbs). When she did a TED Talk about her trip to the North Pole, the video of the talk went up on YouTube. That is when the trolls came out. Numerous little twits called for her to "make me a sandwich". Which is a classic response by a misogynistic asshole.

So when this amazing young woman went for another expedition. She skied 60km (372 miles) from the Ross Ice Shelf to the South Pole. From sea level to an elevation of 9,200 feet in 37 days. Again, towing a sled that weighed more than she does.

And then comes the best part. Of course there were lots of pics of her accomplishment.

My favorite is:
View attachment 588039

She made them a sandwich. All they have to do is ski 372 miles, across frozen landscape, climbing 9,000 feet, and they can have it.
:rofl:

That is one hell of a girl!!!

:thup:

Amazing woman, and beautiful too, but she's not my type. I'm just not comfortable with a woman who could kick my ass.

Amazing woman, and beautiful too, but she's not my type. I'm just not comfortable with a woman who could kick my ass.

Judging from what I've read, you'd be hard pressed to find any woman who couldn't kick your ass. Probably better stick to soy boys instead.

Judging from what I've read, you'd be hard pressed to find any woman who couldn't kick your ass. Probably better stick to soy boys instead.
You think I might be interested in a soy boy? Are you hitting on me?

My favorite is:
View attachment 588039

60 km is NOT 372 miles. 372 miles is over 582 km. I think you slipped a digit.

Thanks for posting this!

Forum List

Back