A Plea to all my fellow Americans-no matter who you are or what you believe~

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
PLEASE, for all that is good and right, I beg of you, and I'm sure many others agree with me:

Stop watching reality shows!

{Also, maybe stop buying the rags such as People, US, and all that other tripe that feeds on voyeurism. Do you really care if some "famous" person ate at McDonalds or bought a new dress?}

And the people that actually watch t.v. shows with people who have tons of kids, or have slept with Tiger, or that Jesse James kid, or are faded 'rock stars' from the 80's with skanky women vying to blow them on tour buses, or the wives face lifts, or blah blah blah blah........

If America didn't watch this crap, it would go away
~ :clap2:

Thank you and have a great night!

I am ahead of the curve EZ, I have never watched them.
I always reffered to them as surreality shows.
Pretty much just evolved soaps.
I don't even watch American Idle.

I'm right there with you EZ, I think I watched about half of one of the earliest ones, survivor I think, and figured out it was mostly BS and not worth my time.

I have the same plea about sport figures. If people didn't mortgage their house to visit the Superbowl or spend their kids college funds on season tickets and Comcast Sports packages, the country would be in better shape. The adulation of athletes is also destroying public education. How about some SCHOLARships for actual SCHOLARS???

I missed out on the whole thing because they came in after the TV died. I remember everyone talking about survivor for the first season at work.

I really don't think I missed much.

But Japanese cartoons aren't really that much more of an intellectual challenge.

Korean TV did a great parody of the Joe Millionaire concept. That one is worth watching, at least for the first 10 episodes.
bait and switch

PLEASE, for all that is good and right, I beg of you, and I'm sure many others agree with me:

{Also, maybe stop buying the rags such as People, US, and all that other tripe that feeds on voyeurism. Do you really care if some "famous" person ate at McDonalds or bought a new dress?}

And the people that actually watch t.v. shows with people who have tons of kids, or have slept with Tiger, or that Jesse James kid, or are faded 'rock stars' from the 80's with skanky women vying to blow them on tour buses, or the wives face lifts, or blah blah blah blah........

Sorry EZ, I like you but no can do. :lol:

There are reality shows on TV?

I was watching CNN while working out, they said something about that tattooed gal who is doing Sandra Bullock's hubby, Jesse James, and said she is getting all kinds of offers for a reality show. It just doesn't stop, the public's need for crap.

I know the Octomom tried to get one. And that blonde chick with the 8 kids, who is on some dumb dance show, I mean really. WTF? What does the public get out of these people? Why do they continue to Star F*ck these idiots? :cuckoo:

can we keep Survivor and Amazing Race?

and Big Brother? :eusa_pray:

Of all the posts I've ever replied to, I've never left a more heartfelt message; I'm with ya' brother, I'm with ya'!!! :clap2:

There are reality shows on TV?

I was watching CNN while working out, they said something about that tattooed gal who is doing Sandra Bullock's hubby, Jesse James, and said she is getting all kinds of offers for a reality show. It just doesn't stop, the public's need for crap.

I know the Octomom tried to get one. And that blonde chick with the 8 kids, who is on some dumb dance show, I mean really. WTF? What does the public get out of these people? Why do they continue to Star F*ck these idiots? :cuckoo:

That's why I love the mute button. When they start covering the trite, useless crap you referred to on the news the mute button gets pressed.

I've never watched a 'reality show', ever. I promise not to start now.

I've never seen People magazine, except in waiting rooms. ;)

No.

Forum List

Back