A New Year Approaches....So What Has Congress As A Whole Done For Us?

Jimmy Carter decommissioned the Vietnam build up
Reagan built a Cold War military that was obsolete five years after he left office
I was in the military when both of them were POTUS.
You don't know what you're talking about.
I was active-duty in the military under Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, and Clinton.
I worked in the Dept of the Army during Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama.
I saw the differences in how they held office.
You can't tell me jack squat about what happened under each president.

I was in the military when both of them were POTUS.
You don't know what you're talking about.
I was active-duty in the military under Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, and Clinton.
I worked in the Dept of the Army during Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama.
I saw the differences in how they held office.
You can't tell me jack squat about what happened under each president.

I worked for the DoD under Reagan and saw the equipment we bought under Reagan
It was equipment to fight the wrong war.
It was a build up to fight a threat that was quickly crumbling

I worked for the DoD under Reagan and saw the equipment we bought under Reagan
It was equipment to fight the wrong war.
It was a build up to fight a threat that was quickly crumbling
If you're talking about armored vehicles....we needed that when we started acting as peacekeepers in the middle-east.
Also, he started starwars research which helped make the smart weapons we use today.
The Russians weren't able to keep up with us, and the Soviet Union imploded thanks to Reagan's leadership.
But on the ground level in the foxhole.....Reagan reversed the loser's mentality that had been instilled in the military...and he made sure that we had money to fix the hollowed out military Carter left him.

If you're talking about armored vehicles....we needed that when we started acting as peacekeepers in the middle-east.
Also, he started starwars research which helped make the smart weapons we use today.
The Russians weren't able to keep up with us, and the Soviet Union imploded thanks to Reagan's leadership.
But on the ground level in the foxhole.....Reagan reversed the loser's mentality that had been instilled in the military...and he made sure that we had money to fix the hollowed out military Carter left him.
You repeat a common myth…..that Reagan caused the Soviet collapse
Fact is the Soviet collapse had been in the works for decades
Their blunder in Afghanistan pushed them over the edge.

You repeat a common myth…..that Reagan caused the Soviet collapse
Fact is the Soviet collapse had been in the works for decades
Their blunder in Afghanistan pushed them over the edge.
That's your opinion.
It doesn't matter if it was in the works for decades....because communism is an inherently failed economic policy from the get-go.
Reagan made it happen and Carter didn't.

A New Year Approaches....So What Has Congress As A Whole Done For Us?

All the shit Trump said he would but never bothered to. Rebuilding our roads and bridges, bringing back manufacturing and reshoring jobs, eating China's lunch on science and tech investment, getting a better deal on prescription drugs from Big Pharma.

All the shit Trump said he would but never bothered to. Rebuilding our roads and bridges, bringing back manufacturing and reshoring jobs, eating China's lunch on science and tech investment, getting a better deal on prescription drugs from Big Pharma.
I think you're in the wrong thread.
Try two threads over.

Here's a list of some of the "accomplishments" that the Democrat controlled congress has had. (Since Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan were working with the Democrats....the Senate has pretty much been in the control of Democrats all along):

• Spent $54 billion on Ukraine Defense while not spending a dime to protect our own borders
  • Set records for spending and debt
  • $2.5 trillion increase in interest payments on the federal debt
  • Increased the debt by $11 trillion in 6 years ($20 - 31 trillion)
  • Attempted to change the definition of what a recession is because the economy sucks so much
  • Succeeded in raising inflation to levels not seen in 40 years
Links

Under pelosi? Wrecked the Country.

Forum List

Back