A Muslim Brit nails it again on the New Zealand attack

You keep posting in the thread and you won't give a straight answer to a clear and direct question I have asked three (3) times now.

You folks, both ends, are doing a fabulous job of illustrating the point of the thread.

The guy means nothing to me. But what's interesting is that you ignore his call to stop the anti-Islamic hate speech

You keep posting in the thread and you won't give a straight answer to a clear and direct question I have asked three (3) times now.
You folks, both ends, are doing a fabulous job of illustrating the point of the thread.
The guy means nothing to me. But what's interesting is that you ignore his call to stop the anti-Islamic hate speech
I've already clearly pointed out that I agree with him from top to bottom.

You say the guy "means nothing" to you, yet you quoted him in this very thread.

You're so lost in your ideology that you don't see these obvious things.

If it were just you, that would be bad enough. But this is metastasizing.

FreedomSpeechIslam_MaajidNawaz.jpg
--------------------------------------- no matter what this guy is muslim and see's things through 'mohamads' eyes and always will see things the 'muslim' way .

You say the guy "means nothing" to you, yet you quoted him in this very thread.

I quoted YOUR guy to point out YOUR hypocrisy

You're so lost in your ideology that you don't see these obvious things.

WTF "ideology" are you talking about?

The ideology that we shouldn't encourage nutjobs to kill innocent people?

THAT ideology?

I quote Maajid Nawaz regularly here. He is the liberal Muslim Brit who coined the term "Regressive Left", horrified by the way many on the Left make a bad situation worse by coddling the worst elements of Islam in the West. Mr. Nawaz can see both sides of this issue. I know being able to see both sides of an issue is not considered a good thing here.

He risks his life every day, pushing for reform of his beloved religion. He was assaulted, again, just the other day (I suspect he'll be attacked here, too - that's how they operate). Here's his take on the predictable madness that has followed the New Zealand attack.

The New Zealand Mosque Massacre Blame Game Is Out of Control

LONDON—The anti-Muslim terrorist attack at two mosques in New Zealand marked perhaps the lowest point for Muslim communities in the West since the Bosnia genocide. It has left no doubt that far-right extremism is on the march once more.

But the sheer human tragedy of this attack against my Muslim communities has not deterred extremists from those other two ends of our political spectrum, the far left and the theocratic Islamists, from seeking to exploit it for their own nefarious purposes.

So it is with no surprise that I noticed, a mere day after 50 of my fellow Muslims were so publicly and tragically killed, while the blood was still wet and the bodies remained unburied, that the ideologues had circled like vultures. Opportunistic Islamist and far-left extremists began calling for a purge of people whose politics they disagree with, and started publishing McCarthyite lists of personae non grata to target. Few have come under fiercer assault than my friend and collaborator in dialogue, Sam Harris. The following spectacle has been incredibly unedifying.

Of course, inflammatory anti-Muslim language must be condemned by us all, and many anti-Muslim provocateurs should take a hard look at themselves after New Zealand, just as we must condemn inflammatory Islamist and far-left language. That is different, though, from trying to silence an entire policy concern like Western foreign policy or opposing immigration and critiquing Islam respectively. Only the extremists wish to shut down debate. And so it is crucial that we do not respond to far-right extremism in such a way that we inadvertently empower extremists from other ends of the political spectrum. Terrorists prefer the bullet to the ballot. Let us not become pawns in their game.

well, good for this guy. The problem is he doesn't see both sides. he is still requesting to stop anti muslim hate, and anti muslim hate is there due to the fact that leftists and muslims can't denounce radical muslims. just can't. until that day is here, the mere fact that some innocent lives were taken, doesn't change the dialogue in the rest of the world. And just because you or him want that can kiss my ass. Radical muslims terrorize this planet almost daily. In Syria, in Lebanon, in Isreal, in the US and anywhere else a muslim culture exists. Muslim hate is due to the radical fks you all can't denounce. DENOUNCE RADICAL MUSLIM BEHAVIOR first!!!!
Obviously you didn't read the piece.

It has the Regressives here very upset.

And you too.

Interesting.
upset, me? nope. the regressives are just doing their daily bullshit to which no msm outlet ever condemns them for.

again, asking to stop anti-muslim talk is stupid. no one is doing that, they are doing anti -radical muslims. It seems you all still can't understand facts and continue to cowtide the left in the world. use their language and not the actual language.

Now I'm wishing I hadn't started this thread.
Yea...it sucks when such clever trolling doesn't work out as intended huh?
Mr. Nawaz is risking his life trying to bring some reform to his beloved religion.

I would have no more luck in convincing someone like you of something than I would a wild-eyed teenager on the streets of Damascus, or a protest sign-holding Westboro Baptist Church member at the funeral of a fallen soldier.

You're full of rage. You're just gone.

Last edited:
Take the rep Omar out of office for her speeches of anti-semitism.

Omar was criticizing the state of Israel...it's government and it's policies. That is NOT anti-semitic...and is a legitimate subject of debate.

She initially did so on twitter which is no place to hold a substantive debate...and this one requires that...as well as a lot of walking on eggshells BECAUSE of the oft repeated and erroneous cries of antisemitism.
nope, she said what she said about Isreal people . Se I don't cowtide to your shit. I call a duck a duck.

and we can be equally critical of muslims trying to change our constitution, since when is that anti muslim? We don't want their way of life brought to our country. it seems you are against us saying that. why?

BTW, everywhere muslims go violence follows. syria, libya, Iran, Iraq, Palestine, Isreal, syria, Iran, Iraq Egypt. Americans don't want it.

Last edited:
Conflict is what the shooter wanted.
Some are giving it to him. We need to stop.

Tell that to all of the media outlets and prominent liberals that are calling the shooter "right wing".
Because he IS a right wing white nationalist?

And oh look on this board...he has support FROM all the right wingers on this forum

NONE....repeat NONE...condemn him and most find ways to excuse and rationalize it
define white nationalist? I take offense at you calling it something it isn't. And, can go get fked globalist!!

It's troubling that we can't see something this obvious. But he's not the only one who WANTS conflict.

They're the problem, and we enable them by falling for it.

Republicans need to own this shooter

Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh spread wild conspiracy theories about last week’s mass shooting at two New Zealand mosques.

Even though the gunman who killed at least 50 and injured dozens of worshippers wrote a white supremacist, anti-immigrant manifesto and mentioned Trump by name, Limbaugh on Friday cited what he called “an ongoing theory” that the killer is actually a leftist trying to “smear his political enemies.”

He said: The shooter says he’s not a conservative, not a Christian and that he identifies as an eco-fascist, which would make him a supporter of the Green New Deal and that he disagrees with Trump on politics.

Limbaugh didn’t go so far as to endorse the theory, but gave it plenty of airtime and told his listeners: “You can’t immediately discount this. The left is this insane. They are this crazy.”

Limbaugh, who spent much of his show politicizing the shooting, also slammed “the left” for supposedly politicizing the shooting.

It's troubling that we can't see something this obvious. But he's not the only one who WANTS conflict.

They're the problem, and we enable them by falling for it.

Republicans need to own this shooter

Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh spread wild conspiracy theories about last week’s mass shooting at two New Zealand mosques.

Even though the gunman who killed at least 50 and injured dozens of worshippers wrote a white supremacist, anti-immigrant manifesto and mentioned Trump by name, Limbaugh on Friday cited what he called “an ongoing theory” that the killer is actually a leftist trying to “smear his political enemies.”

He said: The shooter says he’s not a conservative, not a Christian and that he identifies as an eco-fascist, which would make him a supporter of the Green New Deal and that he disagrees with Trump on politics.

Limbaugh didn’t go so far as to endorse the theory, but gave it plenty of airtime and told his listeners: “You can’t immediately discount this. The left is this insane. They are this crazy.”

Limbaugh, who spent much of his show politicizing the shooting, also slammed “the left” for supposedly politicizing the shooting.
Won't happen. Each side is dug in, and is going to deflect and ignore and minimize every attack, no matter how blatant their hypocrisy is.

It's all the other guys' fault, not mine.

Forum List

Back