A modest proposal regarding Soros

Ask the UK about Soros, he single handily nearly destroyed their economy via shorting the Pound back in '92.
He started the snowball effect.
I'm not even bringing in religion, it had nothing to do what that asshole did.
Nope. Fake news. Soros didn't destroy the UK. He actually made it's economy better.

George Soros Taught Us: The World Can Survive a Currency Union Breakup​

When the U.K. pulled out of Europe's Exchange Rate Mechanism in the early 1990s, some predicted disaster, but that "Black Wednesday" actually brought brighter times to the British Isles.

The same story might play out when the euro as we know it inevitably falls apart, despite George Soros's predictions to the contrary.

Soros would know a little something about the disintegration of a currency union: Most argue he was responsible for the collapse of the ERM when he "broke the Bank of England" and took home a handy $1 billion by betting against the pound.

Exchange rate mechanisms, currency unions and gold standards are by design bound to fail. The list is long: the Latin Monetary Union, the Scandinavian Monetary Union, and Bretton Woods (not a currency union, but a fixed exchange rate mechanism) have all failed miserably. But the world's financial systems survived.

The Bank of England found this out the hard way: On Sept. 16, 1992, the bank's chief dealer, Jim Trott, looked over his shoulder for support from the Bundesbank. But there was none. The Bank of England was on its own.

At 19:00 GMT, after raising interest rates from 10% to 12% and then to 15% in an attempt to defend the pound and remain in the ERM currency union, then-Chancellor of the Exchequer of England Baron Norman Lamont of Lerwick pulled sterling from the union.

Then, as now, pundits predicted a collapsed currency union would also lead to an economic collapse. What actually happened in the U.K. was quite the opposite: In the five years that followed "Black Wednesday," growth took hold, unemployment fell and inflation slowed. A weaker currency and falling global interest rates aided the British economy.

There is one bright spot among history's failed currency unions: The best-known one -- the one that actually worked -- is the U.S. dollar, established by the National Currency Act of 1863.

This mechanism survives because of the federal government's ability to raise taxes and transfer wealth within the union.
No currency union can survive without such a fiscal union (a fiscal union the euro zone lacks). Eventually, economic disparities create civil strife: Either by pitch fork or ballot, the union falters.

When it comes to today's faltering currency union, the best Europe can hope for is to find a financially acceptable way for weaker countries, such as Greece, to exit without too much pain before the locals pick up the torches and storm the castle.

Nope. Fake news. Soros didn't destroy the UK. He actually made it's economy better.

George Soros Taught Us: The World Can Survive a Currency Union Breakup​

When the U.K. pulled out of Europe's Exchange Rate Mechanism in the early 1990s, some predicted disaster, but that "Black Wednesday" actually brought brighter times to the British Isles.

The same story might play out when the euro as we know it inevitably falls apart, despite George Soros's predictions to the contrary.

Soros would know a little something about the disintegration of a currency union: Most argue he was responsible for the collapse of the ERM when he "broke the Bank of England" and took home a handy $1 billion by betting against the pound.

Exchange rate mechanisms, currency unions and gold standards are by design bound to fail. The list is long: the Latin Monetary Union, the Scandinavian Monetary Union, and Bretton Woods (not a currency union, but a fixed exchange rate mechanism) have all failed miserably. But the world's financial systems survived.

The Bank of England found this out the hard way: On Sept. 16, 1992, the bank's chief dealer, Jim Trott, looked over his shoulder for support from the Bundesbank. But there was none. The Bank of England was on its own.

At 19:00 GMT, after raising interest rates from 10% to 12% and then to 15% in an attempt to defend the pound and remain in the ERM currency union, then-Chancellor of the Exchequer of England Baron Norman Lamont of Lerwick pulled sterling from the union.

Then, as now, pundits predicted a collapsed currency union would also lead to an economic collapse. What actually happened in the U.K. was quite the opposite: In the five years that followed "Black Wednesday," growth took hold, unemployment fell and inflation slowed. A weaker currency and falling global interest rates aided the British economy.

There is one bright spot among history's failed currency unions: The best-known one -- the one that actually worked -- is the U.S. dollar, established by the National Currency Act of 1863.

This mechanism survives because of the federal government's ability to raise taxes and transfer wealth within the union.
No currency union can survive without such a fiscal union (a fiscal union the euro zone lacks). Eventually, economic disparities create civil strife: Either by pitch fork or ballot, the union falters.

When it comes to today's faltering currency union, the best Europe can hope for is to find a financially acceptable way for weaker countries, such as Greece, to exit without too much pain before the locals pick up the torches and storm the castle.

Do you still get paid by the word, even when it's all cut and paste?

Answered what?

I still have no maga fuckupness donors you have identified.

Will that happen soon?
No. I answered your prior stupid ass question, you shit for brain blob.

In any event, put your retarded question in the form of a coherent question, bitch. Then I’ll give a little thought to possibly dignifying your imbecility with a reply.

If I had ventured my own opinion about Sors, would you have accepted it?

I don't read anything that long. If you can't say it in less than 50 words, it's not worth my time. I have a life and most people have nothing to say.

Leftists have nothing to say but bleating and yammering.

Please tell me specifically how they obstructed anything.
You are so fucking stupid and ignorant it boggles the mind.

Hey dumbshit, remember W?

Who was in charge of the money when W was president? Bernanke, right?

And who was in charge of the wars when W was president? Gates, right?

So then, Obama gets in, cause he's "not W", and a year later, who's in charge of the money? Bernanke. And who's in charge of the wars? Gates.

Some people (you) never learn.

I've been involved in MORE THAN 500 business entities both as a banker and as a law clerk providing due diligence and financing for more than 40 years, including working with some of the largest construction and project management companies in the world.

I started following Donald Trump's business career in the late 70's. His only success was Trump Tower, and his TV show. He's lost money at everything else, except laundering money for Russian oligarchs.
you must mean like beijing xiden in chinas pocket....or his crack head kid getting paid millions for being a complete loser like ITS father--

IF YOU ONLY HAD A BRAIN

you must mean like beijing xiden in chinas pocket....or his crack head kid getting paid millions for being a complete loser like ITS father--

IF YOU ONLY HAD A BRAIN
The Chips Bill

Explain that

Soros has a hard on for Western civilization for a long time. from the things I have read he thinks he is a god and justifies his actions with that. A dangerous creepy guy. What medical miracle do you think is keeping his sorry ass alive? Think it will ever be share d with our elderly?
Quackless Care

Haven't you noticed how so many of the Plutocrats, of whatever stripe, are living into their nineties or even past that? It isn't some secret ruling-class medicine, as it used to be for thousands of years, but the fact that they have access to the few medical people whose education actually meant something.

Soros is smart enough to ruin our country and have us pay for the privilege of destroying us. His ".orgs" rake in millions and millions.
Watching football today? The NFL pays alms to Soros...

We could wise up and expel him and his .orgs from our country, like his own country did, but because he has the whole left party on his payroll, that isn't going to happen. Everything Trump went through after he was elected was the direct result of the plan laid out and explained at a 3 day seminar held by Soros and Pelosi right after the election. Soros owns us. He wins...
Losers Stay Tied to a Tarbaby

We can secede and that will automatically get rid of Soros's agents. In fact, that is the only solution for patriots.

We need to hold massive demonstrations in the capitals of Red States making that demand. For starters, nullification of all Liberal laws and SCROTUS decrees since Brown. If the Leftist dictatorship sends in Federal troops, like a confused Eisenhower did in Little Rock, that will be our Lexington.

Ask Americans what Ronald Reagan did for corporatism - gutting anti-trust legislation, and promting free trade deals. What did the Koch Brothers do to the American workers supporting off-shoring, and crushing unions?

Soros did nothing illegal, just like Trump did nothing illegal in personally profitting from putting all his corporations into bankruptcy. But you had no problem with what Trump did.
Soros bets against America. Show US where and how Soros celebrates American entrepreneurs; most notably, small businesses. Thank you for showing your love for Soros and hate for Reagan and Trump.

Spoiled and Demanding, Sheltered and Ignorant, Full of Greed for More and More Power, But Empowered Only by Tinsel and Glitter

In what could be called pedophile ideology, Soros, after looting his billions, decided to get into politics. He knew nothing about it, so he took his agenda from the nicest looking and most confident youth, the scum-of-the-earth richkids. It's just like when I was equally as susceptible at age 14, I took my political ideas from Pretty-Boy JFK, the Charisma Kid.

Are you denying that Trump is an expert on bankruptcies?

IF YOU COULD ONLY PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.
retard deflector is back....unless you have something intelligent to contribute, which is never, sit back and shut up, and learn about TRUTH

IF YOU ONLY HAD A BRAIN

Forum List

Back