A Message To Pres. Obama From A Former Muslim

I didn't hear anything I could disagree with in the video. Question, will Muslims begin to kill other Muslims who don't join the fight? Isn't it happening already?

Brother Rachid and Geert Wilders have both presented the truth about Islam. There is no such thing as Moderate Islam. There are Moderate people and some call themselves Muslims but there is no Moderate brand of Islam. The Islam ISIL practices is the exact replica of the Islam Mohammad followed and taught his believers. To the finest detail as Brother Rachid pointed out.

As his father is an Imam and he was raised a Muslim he knows very well what he speaks of. That ISIL comes from at least 10 different nations around the world - all Muslims attending various Mosques throughout those ten different nations - there is no question whatsoever that is Islam.

The pseudo Islam taught in American and Britains universities is not at all Islam but meant to indoctrinate the listener - lull the listener into a sense of security that Islam has somehow been "misunderstood", or "upset" due to some "injustice" perpretrated on their fellow brethren / islamic nations by Israel. It always comes back to Israel, America, Britain, the west. This is baloney.

The truth is they are war against the West and plan to destroy it - they are at war against Israel and their plan is to destroy it - they are at war with Europeans - all who are non Muslim nations and plan to destroy it and then dominate it with Sharia and put the rest of us under their feet.

See the last Muslim video posted on Geert Wilders Warning to America thread on religion forum for a sample of that. There are apologists / sympathisers - who assist the Muslims by spreading the news that they have traveled around the world, seen it firsthand and everything is peaceful out there - you'll find them teaching in Universities, writing on message boards - etc. Of course the headlines in news papers around the world tell quite a different story. Mass kidnappings of school girls - mass rape, christians crucified to trees, little girls raped and beheaded, many babies with hacked off limbs who have survived the "peacefulness of Islam"..... why do people make excuses and cover up for these people?

I suppose some believe they will be rewarded - granted a reprieve on the day of jihad but nothing could be further from the truth. Islamists generally murder those who placated them first when taking over a nation - it happened that way in Lebanon according to the testimony of Brigitte Gabrielle.

It has always been the way of the enemy to accuse you of what they are guilty of. They accuse you of intolerance therein no one examines their intolerance. They accuse you of being a liar therein no one examines their lies. They accuse you of being a racist, a bigot, a hater, therein no one examines their brand of hatred which is all far greater, far more deadly but then again if they can keep you fighting among yourselves they really never get a thorough examination. Do they?

In answer to your question. It is clear there are moderate people but there is no moderate Islam. The Islam that ISIL practices is the Islam Mohammad taught his followers to the finest detail as Brother Rachid clearly stated. So it would depend upon whether that moderate person wanted to abandon the teachings of Mohammad once confronted with the choice of do or die - or whether they will join the jihad and participate in the mass murder of their fellow citizens who have welcomed them freely into their countries - even assisting them with food and housing expenses. ( the bible calls this returning evil for good and those who do it - evil shall not depart from their house)

We won't know what those "moderates" will do until that time comes. The news that Muslims are leaving the West to join the jihad of ISIL and ISIS are an indication that we do have those murderers living among us even now. Moderate Islam? I think not.

It isn't good news.

The Son of Hamas is also giving a similar testimony.

I just randomly selected this vid from all of those he has on YouTube.

If it isn't exactly on target and in sync with my narrative, go to YouTube and find one which matches better.

What an outstanding interview! Wow! Wow! Wow! Thank you! He just confirmed what the former Muslim and son of an Islamic Imam - Brother Rachid said so wonderfully! What a blessing for you to find this video and put it up, Mojo! thank you! Everyone needs to see this video! Everyone here must see what this young man has said in this interview about Hamas and their plans to not only destroy Israel but to destroy all civilization! Geert Wilders is right! Israels is fighting our fight! Israel is indeed fighting our fight!

This is a message to President Obama from a former Muslim. It is getting alot of attention with many viewers and so far the response from Americans has been very positive!
Published on Sep 2, 2014 He has so far received 406,802 views and it looks as if it has gone viral.
Brother Rachid addresses President Obama about ISIL and Islam; he explains to him how ISIL is imitating the prophet Muhammad in every detail they do. ISIL represents Islam

Listen to his message and share your thoughts. Will President Obama see this message? Will he respond? What do you think?

Sounds exactly like Christianity. I better turn my Muslim neighbor in before he beheads me. Something he said really struck home with me when talking about Christians in the Middle East. How are they still there if Islams mission is to wipe them out as infidels?

Well to be fair that completely depends where you go, in countries like Syria and Iraq now Christians are being hunted down like dogs, but of course thats not the case in every country in the region.

This is a message to President Obama from a former Muslim. It is getting alot of attention with many viewers and so far the response from Americans has been very positive!
Published on Sep 2, 2014 He has so far received 406,802 views and it looks as if it has gone viral.
Brother Rachid addresses President Obama about ISIL and Islam; he explains to him how ISIL is imitating the prophet Muhammad in every detail they do. ISIL represents Islam

Listen to his message and share your thoughts. Will President Obama see this message? Will he respond? What do you think?

Sounds exactly like Christianity. I better turn my Muslim neighbor in before he beheads me. Something he said really struck home with me when talking about Christians in the Middle East. How are they still there if Islams mission is to wipe them out as infidels?

Where the LORD calls his servants to go they go. Christians do not selectively choose to serve one day and not the next. A true servant goes where they are sent and does what they were sent to do. That includes Islamic nations, communist nations, even North Korea. Voice of the Martyrs ( VOM ) is a ministry dedicated to sending Christians to the furthest parts of the earth to preach the gospel and also assist those Christians who live there already - to equip them and support them - providing bibles and basic needs - VOM was founded by Richard Wurmbrand and their website is on the internet for a look at what ministry in Islamic nations looks like and the perils they face.

There is a ministry that is under the radar where Christians go into North Korea knowing it is a one way mission and their life span is probably not going to get past 40 days or more before they are found and murdered or sent to one of the death camps there. Still they go because the Gospel must be preached.

There is no greater love then the love of Jesus Christ for the lost.

What a load of crap.

What he posted is fact. IF you actually lived in the Middle East, you know it is fact and are lying. If you were lying about that, you may just be spewing ignorance.

The Ottoman Empire, for all it's faults, had driven Islam into the dark corners. Islam had become a mostly traditional religion, as Judaism is. While the nasty parts of the Hadiths were know, it was the stuff of antiquity - modern Muslims went through the motions, they didn't follow the animal Muhammad literally.

After the Ottomans fell, Islam was thrown into chaos. Sectarian violence flared with the more moderate Shiites slaughtered wantonly by the vile Sunni sects. Two events fucked the world in the ass without lube - the rise of the House of Saud allowed the most evil form of Islam since the pervert prophet himself - Wahhabism. Wahhab was a Koranic scholar with vast knowledge of the Hadiths. He dredged up the vile reality of Islam that had faded into the past.

The problem isn't that Wahhab perverted Islam - quite the opposite. Wahhab told the truth - he presented Islam as it was written - as the pedophile Muhammad created it.

The second even that butt-fucked the world was Jimmy Carter. While Sunni Islam was always a violent and evil sect - even in it's most subdued state - Shiites were relatively civilized. But a movement similar to that of Wahhabism was growing under the Shiites with the Ayatollah Khomeni. The pile of shit Carter betrayed long standing American ally Iran and aided Khomeni is taking power. The reward for Carter was the taking of American hostages. Death and enslavement will always be the reward for those who betray thier own to further the goals of Islam. Just as ISIS is the reward for Obama giving half a billion dollars to the Islamic radicals.

Can Islam become moderate?

At some point civilization will wake up and treat Islam the way we treated Nazism - until that time, I believe Islam will continue to become more violent and more evil - as it moves closer to the methods of the Warlord Muhammad, the pervert profit.

It doesn't sound like Christianity at all but I believe you already knew that.

Sounds exactly like Christianity. How is it fundamentally different?

What a load of crap.

What he posted is fact. IF you actually lived in the Middle East, you know it is fact and are lying. If you were lying about that, you may just be spewing ignorance.

The Ottoman Empire, for all it's faults, had driven Islam into the dark corners. Islam had become a mostly traditional religion, as Judaism is. While the nasty parts of the Hadiths were know, it was the stuff of antiquity - modern Muslims went through the motions, they didn't follow the animal Muhammad literally.

After the Ottomans fell, Islam was thrown into chaos. Sectarian violence flared with the more moderate Shiites slaughtered wantonly by the vile Sunni sects. Two events fucked the world in the ass without lube - the rise of the House of Saud allowed the most evil form of Islam since the pervert prophet himself - Wahhabism. Wahhab was a Koranic scholar with vast knowledge of the Hadiths. He dredged up the vile reality of Islam that had faded into the past.

The problem isn't that Wahhab perverted Islam - quite the opposite. Wahhab told the truth - he presented Islam as it was written - as the pedophile Muhammad created it.

The second even that butt-fucked the world was Jimmy Carter. While Sunni Islam was always a violent and evil sect - even in it's most subdued state - Shiites were relatively civilized. But a movement similar to that of Wahhabism was growing under the Shiites with the Ayatollah Khomeni. The pile of shit Carter betrayed long standing American ally Iran and aided Khomeni is taking power. The reward for Carter was the taking of American hostages. Death and enslavement will always be the reward for those who betray thier own to further the goals of Islam. Just as ISIS is the reward for Obama giving half a billion dollars to the Islamic radicals.

Can Islam become moderate?

At some point civilization will wake up and treat Islam the way we treated Nazism - until that time, I believe Islam will continue to become more violent and more evil - as it moves closer to the methods of the Warlord Muhammad, the pervert profit.

I do not believe it would ever be possible for Islam to become moderate because of the teachings of Mohammad. As Brother Rachid stated in the video ISIL is following the teachings of Mohammad, the actions of Mohammad to the finest detail. This is the real Islam. There is only one. The pseudo - Islam you've been told about does not exist. It was meant to lull the West into a sense of security while they gained greater strength to eventually destroy and dominate the West. That has been the goal all along.

Well to be fair that completely depends where you go, in countries like Syria and Iraq now Christians are being hunted down like dogs, but of course thats not the case in every country in the region.

Did the Muslims just become alerted to the edict to wipe out Christians? Christians have been in the Middle East since before Islam started. Seems like there would be none left by now if what this guy is claiming is true. Religious fanatics have used religion to commit atrocities sense time immortal. That doesnt make the religion evil it makes the people using it evil. Christians slaughtered millions of people to provide an example.

The Son of Hamas is also giving a similar testimony.

I just randomly selected this vid from all of those he has on YouTube.

If it isn't exactly on target and in sync with my narrative, go to YouTube and find one which matches better.

What an outstanding interview! Wow! Wow! Wow! Thank you! He just confirmed what the former Muslim and son of an Islamic Imam - Brother Rachid said so wonderfully! What a blessing for you to find this video and put it up, Mojo! thank you! Everyone needs to see this video! Everyone here must see what this young man has said in this interview about Hamas and their plans to not only destroy Israel but to destroy all civilization! Geert Wilders is right! Israels is fighting our fight! Israel is indeed fighting our fight!

Thanks!

I think my random choice of which video to post may have been Divinely selected!

LOL

:D

M2

Where the LORD calls his servants to go they go. Christians do not selectively choose to serve one day and not the next. A true servant goes where they are sent and does what they were sent to do. That includes Islamic nations, communist nations, even North Korea. Voice of the Martyrs ( VOM ) is a ministry dedicated to sending Christians to the furthest parts of the earth to preach the gospel and also assist those Christians who live there already - to equip them and support them - providing bibles and basic needs - VOM was founded by Richard Wurmbrand and their website is on the internet for a look at what ministry in Islamic nations looks like and the perils they face.

There is a ministry that is under the radar where Christians go into North Korea knowing it is a one way mission and their life span is probably not going to get past 40 days or more before they are found and murdered or sent to one of the death camps there. Still they go because the Gospel must be preached.

Your description of these Christian Soldiers is stirring.

The teaching of Islam states - Allah loveth not the unbeliever. The teaching of Mohammad is to kill the infidels, cut off their heads. Fight your enemies. Lie to your enemy, trick him, deceive him until you can overtake them. Islam teaches to pray for the deaths of your enemies. Islam teaches that the Muslims are innocent while the rest of the world who is not Muslim are guilty and hell bound. Islam teaches that by waging jihad, murdering non muslims you can earn your way into paradise which they mistakenly believe is in heaven. The teaching of Islam is that unless one believes on Mohammad the man who was born in 570 A.D. and died before Koran was written and accepts that he was allahs prophet -unless someone follows his teachings and follows him they will be in hell fire eternally. These are a few of the teachings of Islam.

The teaching of Christianity is based on the written Word of God - the Word of God tells us that God loved us while we were yet sinners. The word of God declares that all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. There are none innocent. No. Not one. The Word of God teaches us that the way to heaven is not through murdering and conquest of violence but rather through Romans 10: 9,10 which teaches us we must be born again through Jesus Christ. The Word of God teaches us that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no man comes to the Father except through Him.

The teachings of Christianity and the bible are the antithesis of the teachings of Islam and the Koran just as the God of the Christianity and the Bible is the antithesis of the baal god of Islam which demands blood sacrifice and denies that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died on the Cross shedding his own blood for the sins of mankind and was resurrected on the third day - appearing to his disciples and many others and then ascended into heaven where he was sealed at the right hand of the Father and heaven was then opened. ( for all who would call upon the name of the LORD to be saved - there is everlasting life in heaven) Jesus Christ was the perfect sacrifice for the sins of man and when he said, It is finished, that is precisely what he meant. It is finished. No more sacrifice required. Not even the blood of bulls and rams - no longer necessary - it is finished.

Jesus said this:
Matthew 5 44 But I tell you love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Context
Love Your Enemies
43"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…

Let this be a lesson to the fear mongers.
1950senateflyer.jpg
Funny nugget- Willis Smith was a Democrat in good standing. :afro:

Your description of these Christian Soldiers is stirring.

To God be the glory, Mojo. The Holy Spirit puts these words in my mouth. I'm an unprofitable servant but I say to God be the Glory for the Glorious thing He has done in sending us His Son and showing us the way to Salvation. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so! It is good to speak the truth to the lost and tell them they have no salvation in Islam. It is good to warn those who are perishing to come out of from among them and be ye separated unto Christ - to call upon His name to save them so they do not perish in hell with Mohammad - who was a false prophet and not sent of God.

It is always good to defend the truth for the sake of the Gospel and all whom Christ has called to be His. I thank Jesus. Amen.

Did the Muslims just become alerted to the edict to wipe out Christians? Christians have been in the Middle East since before Islam started. Seems like there would be none left by now if what this guy is claiming is true. Religious fanatics have used religion to commit atrocities sense time immortal. That doesnt make the religion evil it makes the people using it evil. Christians slaughtered millions of people to provide an example.

In fact, even though there ARE moderate Muslims, there is no argument among those who know Islam.

Islam is NOT moderate.

The Offer made to non-muslims is usually, the offer to convert to Islam and become a Muslim.

Surrender and submit to Islamic dominance and pay a Jizya tax for the pleasure of living in an Islamic land and being under Islamic protection.

If either of those choices are not taken the person is killed.

They aren't ALL just automatically killed.

Thats what the guy in the video just implied. Why did he leave out that fact? Wouldn't that be something important to know? Was he playing politics?

Brother, I have to tell you, it is exciting to me to share with you the information which, after you digest it, may well determine your future course with regard to your perception of Jihad.

I delight in the task.

This one document may do the trick.

It might help you finally decide your future perception of Islam and the struggle ahead.

But no matter how you decide, this info will increase your knowledge of Islam.

A good thing.

Amir Taheri: "Islam Is Incompatible With Democracy"
Benador Associates ^ | May 19, 2004 | Amir Taheri
Posted on 5/19/2004 9:36:50 PM by F14 Pilot

Amir Taheri's remarks during the debate on " Islam Is Incompatible With Democracy"

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am glad that this debate takes place in English.

Because, were it to be conducted in any of the languages of our part of the world, we would not have possessed the vocabulary needed.

To understand a civilisation it is important to understand its vocabulary.

If it was not on their tongues it is likely that it was not on their minds either.

There was no word in any of the Muslim languages for democracy until the 1890s. Even then the Greek word democracy entered Muslim languages with little change: democrasi in Persian, dimokraytiyah in Arabic, demokratio in Turkish.

Democracy as the proverbial schoolboy would know is based on one fundamental principle: equality.

The Greek word for equal isos is used in more than 200 compound nouns; including isoteos (equality) and Isologia (equal or free speech) and isonomia (equal treatment).

But again we find no equivalent in any of the Muslim languages. The words we have such as barabari in Persian and sawiyah in Arabic mean juxtaposition or levelling.

Nor do we have a word for politics.

The word siassah, now used as a synonym for politics, initially meant whipping stray camels into line.( Sa'es al-kheil is a person who brings back lost camels to the caravan. )The closest translation may be: regimentation.

Nor is there mention of such words as government and the state in the Koran.

It is no accident that early Muslims translated numerous ancient Greek texts but never those related to political matters. The great Avicenna himself translated Aristotle's Poetics. But there was no translation of Aristotle's Politics in Persian until 1963.

Lest us return to the issue of equality.

The idea is unacceptable to Islam.

For the non-believer cannot be the equal of the believer.

Even among the believers only those who subscribe to the three so-called Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam ( Ahl el-Kitab) are regarded as fully human.

Here is the hierarchy of human worth in Islam:

At the summit are free male Muslims

Next come Muslim male slaves

Then come free Muslim women

Next come Muslim slave women.

Then come free Jewish and /or Christian men

Then come slave Jewish and/or Christian men

Then come slave Jewish and/or Christian women.

Each category has rights that must be respected.

The People of the Book have always been protected and relatively well-treated by Muslim rulers, but often in the context of a form of apartheid known as dhimmitude.

The status of the rest of humanity, those whose faiths are not recognised by Islam or who have no faith at all, has never been spelled out although wherever Muslim rulers faced such communities they often treated them with a certain measure of tolerance and respect ( As in the case of Hindus under the Muslim dynasties of India.)

Non-Muslims can, and have often been, treated with decency, but never as equals.

(There is a hierarchy even for animals and plants. Seven animals and seven plants will assuredly go to heaven while seven others of each will end up in Hell.)

Democracy means the rule of the demos, the common people, or what is now known as popular or national sovereignty.

In Islam, however, power belongs only to God: al-hukm l'illah. The man who exercises that power on earth is known as Khalifat al-Allah, the regent of God.

But even then the Khalifah or Caliph cannot act as legislator. The law has already been spelled out and fixed for ever by God.

The only task that remains is its discovery, interpretation and application.

That, of course, allows for a substantial space in which different styles of rule could develop.

But the bottom line is that no Islamic government can be democratic in the sense of allowing the common people equal shares in legislation.

Islam divides human activities into five categories from the permitted to the sinful, leaving little room for human interpretation, let alone ethical innovations.

What we must understand is that Islam has its own vision of the world and man's place in it.

To say that Islam is incompatible with democracy should not be seen as a disparagement of Islam.

On the contrary, many Muslims would see it as a compliment because they sincerely believe that their idea of rule by God is superior to that of rule by men which is democracy.

In Muslim literature and philosophy being forsaken by God is the worst that can happen to man.

The great Persian poet Rumi pleads thus:

Oh, God, do not leave our affairs to us

For, if You do, woe be to us.

Rumi mocks those who claim that men can rule themselves.

He says:

You are not reign even over your beard,

That grows without your permission.

How can you pretend, therefore,

To rule about right and wrong?

The expression "abandoned by God" sends shivers down Muslim spines. For it spells the doom not only of individuals but of entire civilisations.

The Koran tells the stories of tribes, nations and civilisations that perished when God left them to their devices.

The great Persian poet Attar says :

I have learned of Divine Rule in Yathirb ( i.e. Medinah, the city of the Prophet)

What need do I have of the wisdom of the Greeks?

Hafez, another great Persian poet, blamed man's "hobut" or fall on the use of his own judgment against that of God:

I was an angel and my abode was the eternal paradise

Adam ( i.e.) man brought me to this place of desolation

Islamic tradition holds that God has always intervened in the affairs of men, notably by dispatching 124000 prophets or emissaries to inform the mortals of His wishes and warnings.

Many Islamist thinkers regard democracy with horror.

The late Ayatollah Khomeini called democracy " a form of prostitution" because he who gets the most votes wins the power that belongs only to God.

Sayyed Qutub, the Egyptian who has emerged as the ideological mentor of Safalists, spent a year in the United States in the 1950s.

He found "a nation that has forgotten God and been forsaken by Him; an arrogant nation that wants to rule itself."

Last year Yussuf al-Ayyeri, one of the leading theoreticians of today's Islamist movement, published a book ( available on the Internet) in which he warned that the real danger to Islam did not come from American tanks and helicopter gunships in Iraq but from the idea of democracy and rule by the people.

Maudoodi, another of the Islamist theoreticians now fashionable, dreamed of a political system in which human beings would act as automatons in accordance with rules set by God.

He said that God has arranged man's biological functions in such a way that their operation is beyond human control. For our non-biological functions, notably our politics, God has set rules that we have to discover and apply once and for all so that our societies can be on auto-pilot so to speak.

The late Saudi theologian, Sheikh Muhammad bin Ibrahim al-Jubair, a man I respected though seldom agreed with, sincerely believed that the root cause of all of our contemporary ills was the spread of democracy.

" Only one ambition is worthy of Islam," he liked to say, " the ambition to save the world from the curse of democracy: to teach men that they cannot rule themselves on the basis of manmade laws. Mankind has strayed from the path of God, we must return to that path or face certain annihilation."

Thus those who claim that Islam is compatible with democracy should know that they are not flattering Muslims.

In fact, most Muslims would feel insulted by such assertions.

How could a manmade form of government, invented by the heathen Greeks, be compared with Islam which is God's final word to man, the only true faith, they would ask.

In the past 14 centuries Muslims have, on occasions, succeeded in creating successful societies without democracy.

And there is no guarantee that democracy never produces disastrous results. (After all Hitler was democratically elected.)

The fact that almost all Muslim states today can be rated as failures or, at least, underachievers, is not because they are Islamic but because they are ruled by corrupt and despotic elites that, even when they proclaim an Islamist ideology, are, in fact, secular dictators.

Let us recall the founding myth of democracy as related by Protagoras in Plato.

Protagoras's claim that the rule of the people, democracy, is the best, is ridiculed by Socrates who points out that men always call on experts to deal with specific tasks but when it comes to the more important matters concerning the city, i.e. the community, they allow every Tom , Dick and Harry an equal say.

Protagoras says that when man was created he lived a solitary existence and was unable to protect himself and his kin against more powerful beasts.

Consequently men came together to secure their lives by founding cities. But the cities were torn by strife because inhabitants did wrong to one another.

Zeus, watching the proceedings, realised that the reason that things were going badly was that men did not have the art of managing the city ( politike techne).

Without that art man was heading for destruction.

So, Zeus called in his messenger, Hermes and asked him to deliver two gifts to mankind: aidos and dike.

Aidos is a sense of shame and a concern for the good opinion of others.

Dike here means respect for the right of others and implies a sense of justice that seeks civil peace through adjudication.

Before setting off Hermes asks a decisive question: Should I deliver this new art to a select few, as was the case in all other arts, or to all?

Zeus replies with no hesitation : To all. Let all have their share.

Protagoras concludes his reply to Socrates' criticism of democracy thus:" Hence it comes about, Socrates, that people in the cities, and especially in Athens, listen only to experts in matters of expertise but when they meet for consultation on the political art, i.e. of the general question of government, everybody participates."

Traditional Islamic political thought is closer to Socrates than to Protagoras.

The common folk, al-awwam, are regarded as "animals "( al-awwam kal anaam!)

The interpretation of the Divine Law is reserved only for the experts.

In Iran there is even a body called The Assembly of Experts.

Political power, like many other domains, including philosophy, is reserved for the " khawas" who, in some Sufi traditions, are even exempt from the ritual rules of the faith.

The " common folk", however, must do as they are told either by the text and tradition or by fatwas issued by the experts. Khomeini coined the word "mustazafeen" (the feeble ones) to describe the common folk.

In the Greek tradition once Zeus has taught men the art of politics he does not try to rule them.

To be sure he and other Gods do intervene in earthly matters but always episodically and mostly in pursuit of their illicit pleasures.

Polytheism is by its pluralistic nature is tolerant, open to new gods, and new views of old gods. Its mythology personifies natural forces that could be adapted, by allegory, to metaphysical concepts.

One could in the same city and at the same time mock Zeus as a promiscuous old rake, henpecked and cuckolded by Juno, or worship him as justice defied.

This is not possible in monotheism especially Islam, the only truly monotheistic of the three Abrahamic faiths.

In monotheism for the One to be stable in its One-ness it is imperative that the many be stabilised in their many-ness.

The God of monotheism does not discuss or negotiate matters with mortals.

He dictates, be it the 10 Commandments or the Koran which was already composed and completed before Allah sent his Hermes, Archangel Gabriel, to dictate it to Muhammad:

Read, the Koran starts with the command; In the name of Thy God The Most High!

Islam's incompatibility with democracy is not unique. It is shared by other religions. For faith is about certainty while democracy is about doubt. There is no changing of one's mind in faith, while democracy is about changing minds and sides.

If we were to use a more technical terminology faith creates a nexus and democracy a series.

Democracy is like people waiting for a bus.

They are of different backgrounds and have different interests. We don't care what their religion is or how they vote. All they have in common is their desire to get on that bus. And they get off at whatever stop they wish.

Faith, however is internalised. Turned into a nexus it controls man's every thought and move even in his deepest privacy.

Democracy, of course, is compatible with Islam because democracy is serial and polytheistic. People are free to believe whatever they like to believe and perform whatever religious rituals they wish, provided they do not infringe on other's freedoms in the public domain.

The other way round, however, it does not work.

Islam cannot allow people to do as they please , even in the privacy of their bedrooms, because God is always present, everywhere, all-hearing and all-seeing.

There is consultation in Islam: Wa shawerhum fil amr. ( And consult them in matters)

But the consultation thus recommended is about specifics only, never about the overall design of society.

In democracy there is a constitution that can be changed or at least amended.

The Koran, however, is the immutable word of God, beyond change or amendment.

This debate is not easy.

For Islam has become an issue of political controversy in the West.

On the one hand we have Islamophobia, a particular affliction of those who blame Islam for all the ills of our world.

The more thin skinned Muslims have ended up on regarding every criticism of Islam as Islamophobia.

On the other hand we have Islamoflattery that claims that everything good under the sun came from Islam. ( According to a recent PBS serial on Islam, even cinema was invented by a lens-maker in Baghdad, named Abu-Hufus!)

This is often practised by a new generation of the Turques de profession, Westerners who are prepared to apply the rules of critical analysis to everything under the sun except Islam.

They think they are doing Islam a favour.

The opposite is true.

Depriving Islam of critical scrutiny is bad for Islam and Muslims, and ultimately dangerous for the whole world.

The debate is about how to organise the global public space that is shared by the whole humanity. That space must be religion-neutral and free of ideology, which means organised on the basis of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

There are 57 nations in the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).

Not one is yet a democracy .

The more Islamic the regime in place the less democratic it is.

Democracy is the rule of mortal common men.

Islam is the rule of immortal God.

Politics is the art of the possible and democracy a method of dealing with the problems of real life.

Islam, on the other hand, is about the unattainable ideal.

We should not allow the everything-is-equal-to-everything-else fashion of postmodernist multiculturalism and political correctness to prevent us from acknowledging differences and, yes, incompatibilities, in the name of a soggy consensus.

If we are all the same how can we have a dialogue of civilisations, unless we elevate cultural schizophrenia into an existential imperative.

Muslims should not be duped into believing that they can have their cake and eat
it. Muslims can build democratic society provided they treat Islam as a matter of personal, private belief and not as a political ideology that seeks to monopolise the pubic space and regulate every aspect of individual and community life.

Ladies and gentlemen: Islam is incompatible with democracy.

I commend the motion.

Thank you​

* The motion was carried by 403 votes for, 267 against and 28 undecided.

Amir Taheri Islam Is Incompatible With Democracy

In fact, even though there ARE moderate Muslims, there is no argument among those who know Islam.

Islam is NOT moderate.

You make the mistake of thinking that if you show Asslips that Islam is anti-American, anti-Christian, and anti-civilization that you will sway him from it.

You don't realize that it is this that makes him embrace Islam.

I understand your point but there are countries over there where you'd be hard pressed to find a Christian, Saudi Arabia and Yemen come to mind.

Forum List

Back