'A Lot Of Confusion': Virginia Republicans Stumble Over Their Own Voter ID Requirement

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is funny. The republicans in Virginia don't trust the primary system and voter ID system in their state so they're having their own convention. Only they have such confusing requirements for ID and complicated requirement of a registration number that most republicans are having a hard time complying with the new rules.

So the republicans are considering removing the ID and signature requirement on their application forms.

LOL.

I think this is funny.

Meanwhile the democrats are having a normal primary according to state rules and having no problems at all.

Good for them, this way they can see how it works and make the process more streamlined. We need free voter ID for all.

This is funny. The republicans in Virginia don't trust the primary system and voter ID system in their state so they're having their own convention. Only they have such confusing requirements for ID and complicated requirement of a registration number that most republicans are having a hard time complying with the new rules.

So the republicans are considering removing the ID and signature requirement on their application forms.

LOL.

I think this is funny.

Meanwhile the democrats are having a normal primary according to state rules and having no problems at all.

Another new wrinkle is they are trying ranked choice voting to keep the extreme elements of their party off the ballot. If it works I wonder if other GOP primaries will try it. I personally think it is the way to go in every primary and every election. How many 3rd party spoilers have we seen over the years?

LOL.

I think this is funny.

The GOP has been using "conventions" for awhile. They don't want primaries. Being a Virginian, I can tell you that well before now I came to the realization that the Jerry Falwell/Evangelical factions of the GOP have rigged so many races with the worst possible GOP nominee who passes their purity test, that they are the reason the state turned blue. They really are a bigger albatross around the GOP neck than they are a threat to the DNC.

I have been voting in Va. for years since the photo I.D. requirement was initiated and there was never a problem. The link is a confusing spin that includes the nominating process that voters do not participate in. It should be known that the state is run by democrats these days and there is no effort to change anything.

LOL.

I think this is funny.

Another new wrinkle is they are trying ranked choice voting to keep the extreme elements of their party off the ballot. If it works I wonder if other GOP primaries will try it. I personally think it is the way to go in every primary and every election. How many 3rd party spoilers have we seen over the years?
I agree with you here...at least for primaries.....it's a great process...very cutting edge for the GOP and allows the people to have their voices heard

LOL.

I think this is funny.

The article is based in lies...the nominating process had nothing to do with Trump, or the fact that elections across the country had some security issues.

The issue, was they couldn't have their normal state wide convention due to Gov Blackface's continued statewide Chinese Virus ban on large gatherings.

LOL.

I think this is funny.

The GOP has been using "conventions" for awhile. They don't want primaries. Being a Virginian, I can tell you that well before now I came to the realization that the Jerry Falwell/Evangelical factions of the GOP have rigged so many races with the worst possible GOP nominee who passes their purity test, that they are the reason the state turned blue. They really are a bigger albatross around the GOP neck than they are a threat to the DNC.
One of the few things Goldwater was right about..
ETFlS7uXsAANwcd.jpg

Lefties feign outrage over every comment dug up by Media Matters and alleged to republicans but nobody seems concerned that the governor of Va. participated in KKK follies while in college and posed for pictures. Va. is controlled by democrats but the left worries about how republicans handle the voting. Somethin ain't right.

LOL.

I think this is funny.

I agree with the rank choice voting.

The funny thing, when Maine started it, the trump people hated it and called it cheating.

Now they're using it. LOL

Forum List

Back