A great example of how polls do not reflect reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Polls conducted about the NFL's propaganda, kneeling and rebranding of the opening events during it's games show that most Americans think it is acceptable and a good thing.

YET.....

The ratings are completely tanking. People are tunning out to avoid the nonsense.

Reminds me of polls that make it look like Trump has no path yet......

Polls conducted about the NFL's propaganda, kneeling and rebranding of the opening events during it's games show that most Americans think it is acceptable and a good thing.

YET.....

The ratings are completely tanking. People are tunning out to avoid the nonsense.

Maybe ratings are tanking for other reasons.

YET.....

No, they are tanking because people don't want to see rapists and murders honored.

Last time I watched a Football Game was five years ago... As for the decline for the viewership could be multiple reasons and not just one...
I think you hit the nail on the head there.

You also have to factor in empty stadiums...

YET.....

Like what? If anything, with the amount of people still not working, home viewership should be up--not down. It declined the last two years since this nonsense started and got even stronger. Seems the stronger it gets, the more people boycott.

I know the MSM likes to portray that everybody is against the police, but guess what? Most people support them.

Last time I watched a Football Game was five years ago... As for the decline for the viewership could be multiple reasons and not just one...

It costs money to drive your car to the stadium, pay for parking, pay for a seat, and pay for beer and hotdogs three times the price you can have those at home. Some may not have the money while others are avoiding going anywhere they don't need to be.

YET.....

Like what? If anything, with the amount of people still not working, home viewership should be up--not down. It declined the last two years since this nonsense started and got even stronger. Seems the stronger it gets, the more people boycott.

I know the MSM likes to portray that everybody is against the police, but guess what? Most people support them.

I think there are a lot of reasons, there is insufficient data say this the cause or only cause.

It costs money to drive your car to the stadium, pay for parking, pay for a seat, and pay for beer and hotdogs three times the price you can have those at home. Some may not have the money while others are avoiding going anywhere they don't need to be.

My point is it is a spectator sport and with covid, aren’t they playing to an empty stadium? Even watching it, it would look and feel different.

YET.....

No.

YET.....

Wistfull thinking. After MONTHS of no reprieve from isolation people are desperate for an outlet/escape from reality. And your ilk can't even allow them that without poisoning the well first

My point is it is a spectator sport and with covid, aren’t they playing to an empty stadium? Even watching it, it would look and feel different.
CHIEFS stadium had 22k fans in it for the season opener. Their boos at the sight of the propaganda SPEAKS VOLUMES

Are you deaf as well as dense?

You really think a fan with the motivation to go to a game in normal times is going to tune out because the can only see it on TV? Seriously?

Sports lovers do not turn on the television to see fans in the stadium, they turn it on for the love of the game, and perhaps to support their home or favorite team. Let me explain how this all works:

When an entertainer of any kind takes a political stance, about one-third will agree with it. Another third don't care one way or the other. They just want to hear them sing, throw football, or play a part on a show. The last third are people totally against your stance, and it makes no sense to piss off a third of your audience.

I believe the largest group are the second, the people who don't care one way or another. However it seems pretty obvious that those people are moving to the final third, the people that are against their actions.

When Kap started all this, I had a discussion about it with my former co-worker, a retired Cleveland police officer. He was an avid football fan. When this started taking place, he and his wife called all their potential visitors to tell them not to come over for football, because the NFL is forbidden in their home. Who can blame her? Anytime she heard about a cop getting shot or seriously hurt while her husband was at work, she probably got chills up and down her spine like most spouses of police officers.

Bottom line is how many cops and family members feel the same as my coworker about this?

YET.....

I think there are a lot of reasons, there is insufficient data say this the cause or only cause.

It sure seems proportional, doesn't it? And regardless what the reason, the industry is at some point going to have to take a stand. First Sunday ratings were down by nearly 30% of the previous year. We're not talking about a few thousand people here. We are probably talking millions, and those millions are how these teams make money.

YET.....

Bwahhahahah...NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back