A four-year-old rejected by nine local schools because he is not baptised

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
original

The Times says she is “frantically seeking alternatives” for next autumn. Murphy describes herself as “nonreligious” and said she will not baptise her child simply to gain access to a school.

I know lots of people who have gone down that road, but my husband, Clem, and I felt it wasn’t for us. I am very, very angry. We are almost out of options.

Almost 97% of state-funded primary schools are under church control.

The New York Times has put the spotlight on having to baptise a child to get them into school

original

The Times says she is “frantically seeking alternatives” for next autumn. Murphy describes herself as “nonreligious” and said she will not baptise her child simply to gain access to a school.

I know lots of people who have gone down that road, but my husband, Clem, and I felt it wasn’t for us. I am very, very angry. We are almost out of options.

The New York Times has put the spotlight on having to baptise a child to get them into school

That kind of ridiculous shit is why we boarded the Niña, the Pinta and the Santa Maria.

The Irish clung onto their Catholic faith in the face of British oppression. Now that the Irish are free, they are throwing Catholicism out with both hands.

original

That is exactly what the school voucher fascists want us to deal with here.

original

Some do, but most are secular.

original

in certain places in this country, they'd take her, then ostracize her and humiliate her.

original

that would be false. most school voucher proponents want us to fund religious education. otherwise, they wouldn't need vouchers, would they?

original

that would be false. most school voucher proponents want us to fund religious education. otherwise, they wouldn't need vouchers, would they?
There are many secularists who want them. So bring up the numbers, please.

original

There are many secularists who want them. So bring up the numbers, please.

i don't know of a single one.

and there wouldn't be any reason for it. and even if a small percentage of voucher enthusiasts were secular it doesn't diminish the fact that the reason most want vouchers is to divest public schools of money and pour those funds into religious schools....

which is exactly why that should never be done.

That is merely your opinion, that the religionists are in the majority.

However, I believe vouchers should not be legal.

original

There are 37% of Americans that favor of school vouchers.

There are 42% of Americans who believe in creationism.

Very safe to say that most who fall into the first group are also in the second group. Why should I believe that this discussion board is at variance with the prevailing trends in the country?

Now that a real example of Christian discrimination against a secularist.

That is merely your opinion, that the religionists are in the majority.

However, I believe vouchers should not be legal.

they shouldn't be legal because they support religious education.

given that I've watched this discussion up close and personal from the time my son went into elementary school, I know who the voucher supporters are.

the secularists who don't like public education like charter schools.

Forum List

Back