A Ford Explorer water pump can cost you thousands.

I occasionally use a Jeep forum to put out tips and dig to find information. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have found information on my duel climate control. Yeah, seen a lot of useless videos also.

I'm starting to read a lot of forums that deal with my car as well. Not only can I find good tips, but I can also find where to buy hard to find things that I might wanna add to my car.

I worked on that crap for 40 years and car engineers are lower than child molesters.

There have been plenty of times while busting my knuckles I wished the designer was in my garage for just a few minutes so I could blow my stack on the correct person, then strangle them.

I'd rather beat them within an inch of their life with a socket wrench. More satisfying that way. Especially if it's the wrench that fits the bolt but you can't use because the designer made it impossible for the wrench to fit in the tight area.

I miss the good old days where you had enough room to work, everything was pretty much accessible and spark plugs were only 10 bucks for a set. Now? Ya gotta be a midget contortionist to access anything on most cars, and spark plugs are running around 25 bucks EACH! (My car takes iridium plugs, and the cost for those damn things is outta this world! Found that out when I decided to change the plugs, oil and other basic maintenance things just to make sure it is done. Fortunately, Amazon has NGK iridiums for only 48 bucks for a complete set).

I'd rather beat them within an inch of their life with a socket wrench. More satisfying that way. Especially if it's the wrench that fits the bolt but you can't use because the designer made it impossible for the wrench to fit in the tight area.

I miss the good old days where you had enough room to work, everything was pretty much accessible and spark plugs were only 10 bucks for a set. Now? Ya gotta be a midget contortionist to access anything on most cars, and spark plugs are running around 25 bucks EACH! (My car takes iridium plugs, and the cost for those damn things is outta this world! Found that out when I decided to change the plugs, oil and other basic maintenance things just to make sure it is done. Fortunately, Amazon has NGK iridiums for only 48 bucks for a complete set).
Plugs have gotten insane.
Top it off, my Hemi has 16 of those iridium suckers.

The ones for my Mercury 3 cyl outboard are 25 each.

Plugs have gotten insane.
Top it off, my Hemi has 16 of those iridium suckers.

The ones for my Mercury 3 cyl outboard are 25 each.

SIXTEEN IRIDIUM PLUGS????? Dude, you need to get on the 'net to find cheaper plugs, as it would be insanely expensive to replace them with plugs you bought at Auto Zone. Matter of fact, that is the reason I went to Amazon, Auto Zone and all the other shops were quoting me at 20 to 25 bucks each, but I could get a set of 4 for my Honda at around 50 bucks for 4. But, if you go the Amazon route, read where the plugs come from, as well as the reviews, because apparently some companies on Amazon are selling counterfeit plugs. If you're getting them at 5 bucks apiece, chances are, they are counterfeit from a disreputable vendor. You might even be able to find cheaper plugs for your Mercury boat motor, give 'em a try.

SIXTEEN IRIDIUM PLUGS????? Dude, you need to get on the 'net to find cheaper plugs, as it would be insanely expensive to replace them with plugs you bought at Auto Zone. Matter of fact, that is the reason I went to Amazon, Auto Zone and all the other shops were quoting me at 20 to 25 bucks each, but I could get a set of 4 for my Honda at around 50 bucks for 4. But, if you go the Amazon route, read where the plugs come from, as well as the reviews, because apparently some companies on Amazon are selling counterfeit plugs. If you're getting them at 5 bucks apiece, chances are, they are counterfeit from a disreputable vendor. You might even be able to find cheaper plugs for your Mercury boat motor, give 'em a try.
Are they the same ones in the iridium space modulator?

Are they the same ones in the iridium space modulator?

I see you changed your avi. Did I hit too close to home in my comment about your last one that had the octopus for a mouth?

As far as iridium plugs, those happen to be the latest and greatest from car manufacturers. They are supposed to have a better spark and last longer (even better than platinum plugs apparently), which is why a lot of car manufacturers are specifying them as OEM, and also saying that if you replace them, you need to use iridium.

Sorry that your lame attempt at a joke fell flat. Are you related to Marvin the Martian by any chance?

I see you changed your avi. Did I hit too close to home in my comment about your last one that had the octopus for a mouth?

As far as iridium plugs, those happen to be the latest and greatest from car manufacturers. They are supposed to have a better spark and last longer (even better than platinum plugs apparently), which is why a lot of car manufacturers are specifying them as OEM, and also saying that if you replace them, you need to use iridium.

Sorry that your lame attempt at a joke fell flat. Are you related to Marvin the Martian by any chance?
Nothing your lying faggot ass says affects me, traitor.

Nothing your lying faggot ass says affects me, traitor.

C'mon Mike...............you gotta come up with some new material if you ever want to be a successful troll, as the stuff you keep using over and over is getting tired and weak. But, I guess that it's too much to expect you to be a reasonably good troll, as you don't appear to be any good at anything on these boards.

Forum List

Back