A Couple of Guns I Picked-up This Week

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
A unfired 1977 24" barreled Marlin 39a Golden in .22 S, L, LR.

It had a Bushnell Custom BDC .22 scope on it but I replaced it with a 4 X 32 Redfield (parallax adjusted to .22) I had squirreled away.
39 001 (2).JPG

And a 1997 Remington 870 Express Magnum. I removed the 28" Rem-choke barrel and replaced it with a 18.5" Calson's Rem-Choke barrel I already had. They are Turkish made but great barrels with a nicely polished chrome bore.

39 003 (2).JPG

Damn, I'm getting old, I did not even recall the Express being made 25 years ago.

A unfired 1977 24" barreled Marlin 39a Golden in .22 S, L, LR.

It had a Bushnell Custom BDC .22 scope on it but I replaced it with a 4 X 32 Redfield (parallax adjusted to .22) I had squirreled away.
View attachment 644180

And a 1997 Remington 870 Express Magnum. I removed the 28" Rem-choke barrel and replaced it with a 18.5" Calson's Rem-Choke barrel I already had. They are Turkish made but great barrels with a nicely polished chrome bore.

View attachment 644182

Damn, I'm getting old, I did not even recall the Express being made 25 years ago.
I'm a 2nd amender all the way. But I never bought or owned a gun in my life. But that is ok right? I have a couple old shotguns I inherited and clean every year. Maybe I should get some Magnum 12ga and 20ga ehhhh?...Just in case

I just picked up a couple of Mossberg Maverick 12ga pumps with extended tubes. I like the extra rounds they give you over the standard hunting shotguns.
One 18.5" with folding stock w/pistol grip & the other a 20" fixed. Both black.
A Mossberg 20ga pump was one of my first hunting guns. I like the action & reliability

Get a wrist rocket there are no shortages of ammo for it.
Damn... I'd forgotten about those things! I lusted after one of those as a kid. That'll be my next purchase! That thing with some steel ball bearings and a lot of practice is just the ticket. I also want a good crossbow.

I didn't get any great older finds but I recently bought a KelTec PMR 22WMR that holds 30 rounds. I plan on sending about 60 rounds through it this weekend.

I just picked up a couple of Mossberg Maverick 12ga pumps with extended tubes. I like the extra rounds they give you over the standard hunting shotguns.
A Mossberg 20ga pump was one of my first hunting guns. I like the action & reliability
My hunting gun. .308 deer rifle.

1652489719870.png

I have a 500A with the 8-shot tube (top)......I like me some HD shotguns. ;)

hd 001 (2).JPG

I'm a 2nd amender all the way. But I never bought or owned a gun in my life. But that is ok right? I have a couple old shotguns I inherited and clean every year. Maybe I should get some Magnum 12ga and 20ga ehhhh?...Just in case

Hey, most cops never fire their weapons, so most firearms are basically just paperweights or lean in corners or stay on racks.

However, with so many newbies now buying guns thefts are way up due to people not taking care to protect them, leaving them in cars being the main culprit; thefts from cars in Houston are up several thousand over the last two years. Sticking them under the seats or in the glove box doesn't work. If you're not going to carry it leave it at home.

You should at least get familiar with your shotguns. Take them to an indoor range and let a pro show you how to use it for your own safety and practice with them every so often. Otherwise you might as well just use a bat; they make better clubs.

Hey, most cops never fire their weapons, so most firearms are basically just paperweights or lean in corners or stay on racks.

However, with so many newbies now buying guns thefts are way up due to people not taking care to protect them, leaving them in cars being the main culprit; thefts from cars in Houston are up several thousand over the last two years. Sticking them under the seats or in the glove box doesn't work. If you're not going to carry it leave it at home.
Something else the thefts have in common....Gun related stickers on the target vehicles.

Most of those guns are left in plain sight. That is why a thug would break into the car. I just cant see in a parking lot of 1000 cars they are just lucky to find that one glove compartment that had a gun in it.

Most of those guns are left in plain sight. That is why a thug would break into the car. I just cant see in a parking lot of 1000 cars they are just lucky to find that one glove compartment that had a gun in it.

Because anybody can get binoculars and watch people as they drive up and see them put stuff under the seat or in a glovebox. They don't necessarily know what it is, just that they want it hidden for some reason, is all. People get lazy and leave them in their cars overnight in their driveways. According to the stats it is new owners who are losing them.

I didn't get any great older finds but I recently bought a KelTec PMR 22WMR that holds 30 rounds. I plan on sending about 60 rounds through it this weekend.
Are you rich?....It's running around a buck a round in my AO. ;)

Not counting the convertible revolvers I only own one .22 Magnum. A old tube-fed Marlin B/A rifle I used to use to kill bobcat and fox I'd call-up.

How much did the Remington set you back for?
$200.00

I sold the 28" vent-rib barrel that was on it for $180.00. It was way too heavy anyway. It was like swinging a damn post. I guess they beefed them up for the rem-choke but the balance was shot to shit.

I found the Carson's barrel for $25.00 a few years back at a local yard sale so I only have around $50.00 in it total. ;)

Forum List

Back