A Conservative's view on waterboarding

"But the way we have done it, it is also non lethal, non health threatening, non injurious, and non painful and it lasts from 10 to 15 seconds."

Here's the quote I think you neg'd her for, I agree with you that Fox is wrong on the count of it not being painful, but being wrong doesn't equal lying.

I've never heard anyone claim it wasn't painful on the pro-waterboard side, so it was surprising to me as well, but I wouldn't call it a lie.
Maybe she's merely being intellectually dishonest.

:lol:

Is that a roundabout way of conceding that you were wrong to do it?
Nope. IMO, she lied. And that was not her first lie on the thread.

Maybe she's merely being intellectually dishonest.

:lol:

Is that a roundabout way of conceding that you were wrong to do it?
Nope. IMO, she lied. And that was not her first lie on the thread.

I believe this is what she was referring to (even though I realize you enjoy calling people 'liars' and 'racists' and really don't care):

Legal Justification for Waterboarding | waterboarding.org

Because waterboarding "does not inflict actual physical harm ... although the subject may experience the fear or panic associated with the feeling of drowning, the waterboard does not inflict physical pain".

"But the way we have done it, it is also non lethal, non health threatening, non injurious, and non painful and it lasts from 10 to 15 seconds."

Here's the quote I think you neg'd her for, I agree with you that Fox is wrong on the count of it not being painful, but being wrong doesn't equal lying.

I've never heard anyone claim it wasn't painful on the pro-waterboard side, so it was surprising to me as well, but I wouldn't call it a lie.

Painful and traumatic can be 2 very different things... and I would state it is more traumatic than actually painful

Really? What's it like?

It's like getting boarded with water.

waterboarding.org

Jeesh!

Would you like me to neg you too so you can play the victim, emotional1?

The point was that Fox isn't the first person to state that and that Fox isn't the only person saying that.

I disagree whenever I've seen someone waterboarded they sure seem, act, say,etc that they're in pain but the link shows that Fox very likely wasn't lying.

waterboarding.org

Jeesh!

:lol: I called it, eh? I knew you wouldn't care. But honestly, my post was for everyone else. You just keep trolling because I know that makes you happy. :thup:

waterboarding.org

Jeesh!

:lol: I called it, eh? I knew you wouldn't care. But honestly, my post was for everyone else. You just keep trolling because I know that makes you happy. :thup:

No matter how many extra rafts are onboard, Ravi has chosen to go down with the sinking ship.

Painful and traumatic can be 2 very different things... and I would state it is more traumatic than actually painful

Really? What's it like?

Even when you know nothing is going to happen to you its still scary shit. You really feel like your going to die/drown.

Try it....get a towel, put it over your face, and have a friend pour a bucket of water over your nose and mouth.....DISCLAIMER, im not responsible if YOU DECIDE to try it and hurt yourself (when i say you I mean anyone, not the person im specfically quoting)

I've always wondered why people who think waterboarding is great don't want it done in prisons or in trials.

If waterboarding has a magical way of getting even scumbag terrorists to become genuine, honest people instantly, why not do it to scumbag rapists, murderers etc?

Because the bastards KNOW that its torture. They lie.

waterboarding.org

Jeesh!

:rolleyes: Because you can find other wingnuts parroting the same misinformation doesn't make it any less a lie.

waterboarding.org

Jeesh!

:rolleyes: Because you can find other wingnuts parroting the same misinformation doesn't make it any less a lie.

When we're talking about 'misinformation', you really should consider the amount of times that people have used the waterboarding techniques used by the Vietnamese as the same technique used by the US. That is misinformation.

Many people believe our technique is torture. Many people believe it is not. I happen to be on the side of those who believe it is not. However, if we used the same technique as the Vietnamese, I would be with those who believe it is torture.

Also, for the record, Foxy did not lie. Nor did she call Valerie a liar. That's misinformation, or perhaps it is just a misunderstanding of what she said. Either way, she did not lie.

I've always wondered why people who think waterboarding is great don't want it done in prisons or in trials.

If waterboarding has a magical way of getting even scumbag terrorists to become genuine, honest people instantly, why not do it to scumbag rapists, murderers etc?

Because the bastards KNOW that its torture. They lie.

You're such a liar, Marc.

Really? What's it like?

Been in a drowning situation.... and while lungs full of water ain't pleasant and you have panic and fear and everything else in the traumatic event... pain is actually not one of the feelings from it

When we're talking about 'misinformation', you really should consider the amount of times that people have used the waterboarding techniques used by the Vietnamese as the same technique used by the US. That is misinformation.

Many people believe our technique is torture. Many people believe it is not. I happen to be on the side of those who believe it is not. However, if we used the same technique as the Vietnamese, I would be with those who believe it is torture.

Also, for the record, Foxy did not lie. Nor did she call Valerie a liar. That's misinformation, or perhaps it is just a misunderstanding of what she said. Either way, she did not lie.

I hope you're not looking for a Concession from Ravi... :lol:

:)

peace...

Really? What's it like?

Been in a drowning situation.... and while lungs full of water ain't pleasant and you have panic and fear and everything else in the traumatic event... pain is actually not one of the feelings from it
A quick google shows that most people that have almost drowned disagree with you.

Including me. It is painful and terrifying.

Somebody ought to clue me in that difference of opinion will not be tolerated on some subjects though.
You're the one claiming that if posters don't agree with you they are being intellectually dishonest...which is the same thing as calling them liars.

You Specifically call someone a Liar just about any time they Dare to Disagree with you, usually on Issues of Opinion...

Saying someone isn't being Intellectually Honest isn't the same as calling them a Liar.

For example, Liberals aren't calling for our Exit from Afghanistan now that the Supposed Justification for going in is Dead.

That's Intellectually Dishonest...

And you're Soaking in it right along with a LOT of other Liberals.

Carry on! :thup:

peace...

Really? What's it like?

A quick google shows that most people that have almost drowned disagree with you.

Document the Physical Harm done to someone who has been Waterboarded...

It should be able to be Witnessed by a Doctor, and in that a Doctor could Testify to the Physical Evidence that Waterboarding had happened to say...

A Detainee @ Gitmo.

Now, if someone's Fingernails are being removed...

Well. That's Torture.

peace...

Really? What's it like?

Can you allow for different people to have different experiences? Or is that too radical for ya?

I almost drowned as a kid. Scared the crap out of me. But it wasn't painful. So, I'll agree with you that it is frightening. But it was not painful.

What we have here is a difference of realities. Your reality is based on your experience. Mine is based on mine. Same event, different perspectives.

Had a bike tied to my leg and I was tossed in the deep end...

Seemed to be the thing to do to "Prove" you weren't a pussy when you were 9 or 10 by the Shitheads who were 14+

Was that Torture?

peace...

Forum List

Back