A Canadian Cartoonist Was Fired For This Cartoon...

Justified firing or more political correctness?

• I'm a liberal and I think it was justified.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a liberal and I think it was political correctness.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'm a conservative and I think it was justified.

• I'm a conservative and I think it was political correctness.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I'm independent and I think it was justified.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I'm independent and I think it was political correctness.

• Total voters

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Do you think he should have been fired, or just more political correctness run amok?

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Do you think he should have been fired, or just more political correctness run amok?

I don't know about Canada but, in America he has the right of free speech. Personally I think the cartoon is stupid but, in America We The People decide. I'd be willing to bet this cartoon didn't make many media outlets.

I seen that meme on FB , so they are not censoring it.

I can't tell what's being depicted in the cartoon.

Well it includes a (presumably) dead body and Trump with a Golf cart and golf club so..............TDSers will automatically call Trump a 'killer'......Further exposing the Democrats as loonies.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

I am guessing his termination had nothing to do with any perceived attack on President Trump or American immigration policy and everything to do with illustrating an image of dead brown people. I also wonder how far and wide you had to search for such a juicy but misleading chunk of bait. I think what you are after are gotcha worthy responses from conservatives who answer, "political correctness" so's you can in turn reply, "see everyone, conservatives worship at the PC altar as well." Sadly, if that's the case, you're just not very good at guilt by association traps and accusations of "everyone's doing it too" hypocrisy.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

You must bring your battles to purple or red areas with corrupted police/corrections/judicial fiefdoms. They also have some people of your background in them. They control businesses by badmouthing others that do not agree with them. People are controlled! You must lead thousands into these areas and see if they will get violent against you. Their political class will be held accountable also. You hate the border wall and yet let prison walls hold your own. Open area prisons in these areas are your slavery centers. Tear them down. You will see nothing without bringing it to them. You call others pussies for not fighting back. Are you? Beating a person up with a couple of your own is not winning a damn thing. Go to the corruption! At the end of Obama's term you were actually going to fields where white guys/gals in trucks would have huge get togethers. Some had the confederate flag. But most put their windows up. It ended there. That is where it should have started! Stop destroying yur own areas. Go to them! Not downtown cities. To them!

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Nope: I disagree with the sentiment but will defend the asshole's right to draw it with my dying breath.

btw: I assume they don't mind.

Greg

It's based on a photo that was in the news, recently, of a father and daughter who drowned in the Rio Grande during an attempt to illegally invade our nation.
Ah thank you for explaining this.

So the reason that the cartoon is considered "offensive" is because
  1. it's politicizing the deaths of two individuals or
  2. it's politicizing the deaths of two individuals who were attempting to illegally enter the country or
  3. it's portraying Trump as being so cold hearted and unconcerned for the lives of others that he only sees the deaths of these two individuals who were in fact attempting to circumvent our immigration laws, as nothing more than an impediment to his golf game or
  4. it's Trump's opinion and/or those of his supporters that he is not supposed to be criticized, mocked, opposed, etc. no matter how accurately he is portrayed in this or any other media
Does that about cover it?

Last edited:
As tasteless as it is, I have to side with my conservative, patriotic ideology in saying that the left has the freedom to be bigots and idiots... but not when they are on the clock and being paid.

If you want to show the world what an anti American prick you are, you need to do it on your own time.

To paraphrase a quote popularly misattributed to Voltaire, I disagree with and disapprove of that cartoon, but would defend to the death the cartoonist's right to publish it.

Freedom of expression isn't just for opinions that I find agreeable.
I would also defend the right of newspaper's management to fire the cartoonist because the cartoon does not meet the standards of the paper.

Well Canada has blasphemy laws on the books so what do you expect?

Blasphemy against the Magnificent President Trump?? Good point; sounds fair then. Maybe stone him is also an option....hmmm...nah; but an interesting thought.

Greg

It's based on a photo that was in the news, recently, of a father and daughter who drowned in the Rio Grande during an attempt to illegally invade our nation.
Ah thank you for explaining this.

So the reason that the cartoon is considered "offensive" is because
  1. it's politicizing the deaths of two individuals or
  2. it's politicizing the deaths of two individuals who were attempting to illegally enter the country or
  3. it's portraying Trump as being so cold hearted and unconcerned for the lives of others that he only see's the deaths of these two individuals who were in fact attempting to circumvent our immigration, laws, as nothing more than an iimpediment to his golf game or
  4. it's Trump's opinion and/or those of his supporters that he is not supposed to be criticized, mocked, opposed, etc. no matter how accurately he is portrayed in this or any other media
Does that about cover it?
Na, Political correctness makes people fucking retarded

Forum List

Back