A 45 million year record of Arctic sea temperatures and ice melt

First of all I disagree with that arbitrary reference temperature. If the goal is to understand how much man causes the planet to increase above natural conditions the reference temperature should be the warmest point - prior to the industrial revolution - during this interglacial period. Secondly I doubt it will be a one decade event. It will most likely occur over several decades and will be due to changes in the ocean heat transport system and/or changes in solar radiation. No one really knows. All we can know is that climate fluctuations have increased since the planet transitioned from a greenhouse world to an icehouse world. Once temperatures turn cooler albedo will kick in an amplify the cooling.
Don't hold your breath.

Don't hold your breath.
I won't have to hold my breath. The geologic record is littered with examples of cooling and warming trends that were not cause by CO2 or orbital forcing. It's just a matter of time. Previous interglacial periods were warmer than today and glacial periods still occurred. In fact, there have been over 30 glacial periods in the last 3 million years. All driven by the northern hemisphere.

I won't have to hold my breath. The geologic record is littered with examples of cooling and warming trends that were not cause by CO2 or orbital forcing. It's just a matter of time. Previous interglacial periods were warmer than today and glacial periods still occurred. In fact, there have been over 30 glacial periods in the last 3 million years. All driven by the northern hemisphere.
How very unexciting. Unfortunately, the roughly one centigrade degree of cooling that took place over the last 5,000 years has been overwhelmed by greenhouse warming taking place at SEVENTY (yes, 70) times that rate. You need to open your eyes and see the writing on the wall.

How very unexciting. Unfortunately, the roughly one centigrade degree of cooling that took place over the last 5,000 years has been overwhelmed by greenhouse warming taking place at SEVENTY (yes, 70) times that rate. You need to open your eyes and see the writing on the wall.
After every glacial period there is a native temperature the planet rises to before the next glacial period. That's what's happening now.

larsky is still an idiot.jpg

After every glacial period there is a native temperature the planet rises to before the next glacial period. That's what's happening now.

View attachment 747027
Do you understand the problem that occurs when we're talking about the last 5,000 years and you bring up a graph covering 2,000 TIMES that span? I'm working with this one:

Marcott.png

View attachment 747027
A native temperature? Really? What is Earth's native temperature? Is that like BDC for a pendulum?

Do you understand the problem that occurs when we're talking about the last 5,000 years and you bring up a graph covering 2,000 TIMES that span? I'm working with this one:

Marcott.png

A native temperature? Really? What is Earth's native temperature? Is that like BDC for a pendulum?
The temperature it naturally reaches at the end of the interglacial period. Which we are still 2C below. As for your fake global temperature reconstruction, it has an artificial and arbitrary reference temperature and does not match the data from northern hemisphere ice cores which are the gold standard.

Marcott.png

I think he means the temperature back when America was “ great again.”
Everything was so much better some nebulous time in the past when the life expectancy was 1/2 what it is now.

The temperature it naturally reaches at the end of the interglacial period. Which we are still 2C below. As for your fake global temperature reconstruction, it has an artificial and arbitrary reference temperature and does not match the data from northern hemisphere ice cores which are the gold standard.
Th Earth "naturally" reaches at temperature of 15.9C? You don't want to qualify that? You think the conditions on the planet at th end of every interglacial are identical? What happened to all your tectonic reconfiguration? Asteroid strikes? Changes in solar insolation? Volcanism?

Find us a statement supporting that idea in any peer reviewed paper you like. And, I would still like to see a similarly sourced comment supporting your claim that northern hemisphere ice cores are the "gold standard".

Th Earth "naturally" reaches at temperature of 15.9C? You don't want to qualify that? You think the conditions on the planet at th end of every interglacial are identical? What happened to all your tectonic reconfiguration? Asteroid strikes? Changes in solar insolation? Volcanism?

Find us a statement supporting that idea in any peer reviewed paper you like. And, I would still like to see a similarly sourced comment supporting your claim that northern hemisphere ice cores are the "gold standard".
Just look at the oxygen isotope curve to see the pattern. It's not that complicated. We have good data.
larsky-is-still-an-idiot-jpg.747027

Just look at the oxygen isotope curve to see the pattern. It's not that complicated. We have good data
Find us a respectable scientist who thinks the Earth has a "natural temperature" to which it returns after every interglacial period.

You stupid little Moon Bats need to be ridiculed for making the biggest scam of modern times your silly AGW religion.

No better person than Mojo Nixon to ridicule you.
Sorry I missed it. It must have been something else. So, why do you think AGW is a scam?

Find us a respectable scientist who thinks the Earth has a "natural temperature" to which it returns after every interglacial period.
Find me someone who can draw a min, max and average line across the peak temperatures of interglacial cycles to identify the empirical range of peak temperatures of interglacial periods. It's called using the data we have. You shouldn't need anyone to tell you what the min, max and average peak temperatures of interglacial periods. The data is public record.

Find me someone who can draw a min, max and average line across the peak temperatures of interglacial cycles to identify the empirical range of peak temperatures of interglacial periods. It's called using the data we have. You shouldn't need anyone to tell you what the min, max and average peak temperatures of interglacial periods. The data is public record.
I'm real close to giving up on you altogether. You make claims completely contrary to the positions of the world's leading experts in this field and provide NO supporting opinions and use an argument that wouldn't convince a seventh grader.

I'm real close to giving up on you altogether. You make claims completely contrary to the positions of the world's leading experts in this field and provide NO supporting opinions and use an argument that wouldn't convince a seventh grader.
The empirical evidence of earth's climate data doesn't lie.

You stupid little Moon Bats need to be ridiculed for making the biggest scam of modern times your silly AGW religion.

No better person than Mojo Nixon to ridicule you.
Wow…..
a scam involving our US military, Exxon and 25,000 universities world wide and every govt in the world.
Aren’t you stupid. Moon Bats ? What the fk is a moon bat ? A smart person. Geesus, you’re are freakin dufus to think differently..

Forum List

Back