9 of the Last 10 Recessions, under GOP Pres...

Dem's crashed the economy in 2008 fool. Your posts and OP are a lie.
The stock market crash of 2008 occurred on Sept. 29, 2008. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 777.68 points in intraday trading.
pretty big % back then
I was on a beach for two weeks. Heard about it middle of 2nd week. Got home 401K in shambles. Bush was president. Knew already, it was deregulation, championed by the republicans that led to it.. Knew even before that, I would vote Democrat in November and have never regretted it. GDP growth under Obama was slow and steady after he got it back on it's feet after the republican crash. Republican's cannot be trusted with a fast paced economy, and never could. Hillary would have sucked in 2016, possibly as bad a trump. Voted 3rd party put my affairs in order and retired. Best move I ever made. I will be voting Joe Biden in November. He won't lie and divide like trump, when the chips are down.
Who signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act?

Who rewrote the Community Reinvestment Act and do you know what that did?

Who was the president that repealed the bipartisan Glass Steagall Act. What did that do?

Who had control of the House and Senate from 2007 to 2010 and what did the economy do during that time?

• August: President Bush emphatically calls on Congress to pass a reform package for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, saying "first things first when it comes to those two institutions. Congress needs to get them reformed, get them streamlined, get them focused, and then I will consider other options." (President George W. Bush, Press Conference, the White House, 8/9/07)

• August: Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd ignores the President's warnings and calls on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position. (Eric Dash, "Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," The New York Times, 8/11/07)

• December: President Bush again warns Congress of the need to pass legislation reforming GSEs, saying "These institutions provide liquidity in the mortgage market that benefits millions of homeowners, and it is vital they operate safely and operate soundly. So I've called on Congress to pass legislation that strengthens independent regulation of the GSEs – and ensures they focus on their important housing mission. The GSE reform bill passed by the House earlier this year is a good start. But the Senate has not acted. And the United States Senate needs to pass this legislation soon." (President George W. Bush, Discusses Housing, the White House, 12/6/07)

• February: Assistant Treasury Secretary David Nason reiterates the urgency of reforms, saying "A new regulatory structure for the housing GSEs is essential if these entities are to continue to perform their public mission successfully." (David Nason, Testimony On Reforming GSE Regulation, Senate Committee On Banking, Housing And Urban Affairs, 2/7/08)

• March: President Bush calls on Congress to take action and "move forward with reforms on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. They need to continue to modernize the FHA, as well as allow State housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to homeowners to refinance their mortgages." (President George W. Bush, Remarks To The Economic Club Of New York, New York, NY, 3/14/08)

• April: President Bush urges Congress to pass the much needed legislation and "modernize Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. [There are] constructive things Congress can do that will encourage the housing market to correct quickly by … helping people stay in their homes." (President George W. Bush, Meeting With Cabinet, the White House, 4/14/08)

• May: President Bush issues several pleas to Congress to pass legislation reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac before the situation deteriorates further.
    • "Americans are concerned about making their mortgage payments and keeping their homes. Yet Congress has failed to pass legislation I have repeatedly requested to modernize the Federal Housing Administration that will help more families stay in their homes, reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to ensure they focus on their housing mission, and allow state housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to refinance sub-prime loans." (President George W. Bush, Radio Address, 5/3/08)

• "[T]he government ought to be helping creditworthy people stay in their homes. And one way we can do that – and Congress is making progress on this – is the reform of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. That reform will come with a strong, independent regulator." (President George W. Bush, Meeting With The Secretary Of The Treasury, the White House, 5/19/08)

• "Congress needs to pass legislation to modernize the Federal Housing Administration, reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to ensure they focus on their housing mission, and allow State housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to refinance subprime loans." (President George W. Bush, Radio Address, 5/31/08)
  • June: As foreclosure rates continued to rise in the first quarter, the President once again asks Congress to take the necessary measures to address this challenge, saying "we need to pass legislation to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." (President George W. Bush, Remarks At Swearing In Ceremony For Secretary Of Housing And Urban Development, Washington, D.C., 6/6/08)

• July: Congress heeds the President's call for action and passes reform legislation for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as it becomes clear that the institutions are failing.

• September: Democrats in Congress forget their previous objections to GSE reforms, as Senator Dodd questions "why weren't we doing more, why did we wait almost a year before there were any significant steps taken to try to deal with this problem? … I have a lot of questions about where was the administration over the last eight years." (Dawn Kopecki, "Fannie Mae, Freddie 'House Of Cards' Prompts Takeover," Bloomberg, 9/9/08)

Why are you ignoring facts and what point did you stop reading this out of embarrassment for yourself?
I read your gish gallup. I just don't buy it. It was the Bush Crash and Obama got us out of it.
Yeah, we see you ignoring the actual facts. Go home, you are embarrassing yourself. You are ignorant as hell and what's more is you know it.

Trump will be ingloriously bounced from office with the economy in pieces at his feet.

a trainwreck of a presidency!
problem is basque the shit that kissed his ass will remain
Before the Reagan tax cuts in 1981 when the first phase started, the tax brackets at about 50 thousand dollars was about 55%/63% depending on filing single or married. A marriage penalty tax and no indexing was fun for all. If Progs had their way, that is what we would be paying today. 55/63% on that wage or about which approaches many people. Plus 15% for social security/medicare and any state, local, city and regional taxes on your pay stub. This tells us about the real issue of our system of social programs, defense, government workers, pensions and more. And this does not include all of the other hundreds of taxes. Gasoline, sales taxes, liquor taxes, utility taxes, and many many more. There are taxes up to 20% on everything made here from the ground up. How much is enough? And this one virus may take it all down because the potential prog fuhrers like Cuomo and Newsom and others smell their greatness like Hitler, Stalin and Mao. With the media/entertainers the ongoing Pravda, they have hoodwinked us all. Only when their control is tightened more around our necks when this is over, we may not rebound from this. Then the camps and gulags will grace this land with patriotic names like freedom and liberty and the such.

upload_2020-3-19_18-53-5.png

https://files.taxfoundation.org/legacy/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_nominal.pdf

The stock market crash of 2008 occurred on Sept. 29, 2008. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 777.68 points in intraday trading.
pretty big % back then
I was on a beach for two weeks. Heard about it middle of 2nd week. Got home 401K in shambles. Bush was president. Knew already, it was deregulation, championed by the republicans that led to it.. Knew even before that, I would vote Democrat in November and have never regretted it. GDP growth under Obama was slow and steady after he got it back on it's feet after the republican crash. Republican's cannot be trusted with a fast paced economy, and never could. Hillary would have sucked in 2016, possibly as bad a trump. Voted 3rd party put my affairs in order and retired. Best move I ever made. I will be voting Joe Biden in November. He won't lie and divide like trump, when the chips are down.

Who was the president that repealed the bipartisan Glass Steagall Act. What did that do?

Who had control of the House and Senate from 2007 to 2010 and what did the economy do during that time?

• August: President Bush emphatically calls on Congress to pass a reform package for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, saying "first things first when it comes to those two institutions. Congress needs to get them reformed, get them streamlined, get them focused, and then I will consider other options." (President George W. Bush, Press Conference, the White House, 8/9/07)

• August: Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd ignores the President's warnings and calls on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position. (Eric Dash, "Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," The New York Times, 8/11/07)

• December: President Bush again warns Congress of the need to pass legislation reforming GSEs, saying "These institutions provide liquidity in the mortgage market that benefits millions of homeowners, and it is vital they operate safely and operate soundly. So I've called on Congress to pass legislation that strengthens independent regulation of the GSEs – and ensures they focus on their important housing mission. The GSE reform bill passed by the House earlier this year is a good start. But the Senate has not acted. And the United States Senate needs to pass this legislation soon." (President George W. Bush, Discusses Housing, the White House, 12/6/07)

• February: Assistant Treasury Secretary David Nason reiterates the urgency of reforms, saying "A new regulatory structure for the housing GSEs is essential if these entities are to continue to perform their public mission successfully." (David Nason, Testimony On Reforming GSE Regulation, Senate Committee On Banking, Housing And Urban Affairs, 2/7/08)

• March: President Bush calls on Congress to take action and "move forward with reforms on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. They need to continue to modernize the FHA, as well as allow State housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to homeowners to refinance their mortgages." (President George W. Bush, Remarks To The Economic Club Of New York, New York, NY, 3/14/08)

• April: President Bush urges Congress to pass the much needed legislation and "modernize Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. [There are] constructive things Congress can do that will encourage the housing market to correct quickly by … helping people stay in their homes." (President George W. Bush, Meeting With Cabinet, the White House, 4/14/08)

• May: President Bush issues several pleas to Congress to pass legislation reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac before the situation deteriorates further.
    • "Americans are concerned about making their mortgage payments and keeping their homes. Yet Congress has failed to pass legislation I have repeatedly requested to modernize the Federal Housing Administration that will help more families stay in their homes, reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to ensure they focus on their housing mission, and allow state housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to refinance sub-prime loans." (President George W. Bush, Radio Address, 5/3/08)

• "[T]he government ought to be helping creditworthy people stay in their homes. And one way we can do that – and Congress is making progress on this – is the reform of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. That reform will come with a strong, independent regulator." (President George W. Bush, Meeting With The Secretary Of The Treasury, the White House, 5/19/08)

• "Congress needs to pass legislation to modernize the Federal Housing Administration, reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to ensure they focus on their housing mission, and allow State housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to refinance subprime loans." (President George W. Bush, Radio Address, 5/31/08)
  • June: As foreclosure rates continued to rise in the first quarter, the President once again asks Congress to take the necessary measures to address this challenge, saying "we need to pass legislation to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." (President George W. Bush, Remarks At Swearing In Ceremony For Secretary Of Housing And Urban Development, Washington, D.C., 6/6/08)

• July: Congress heeds the President's call for action and passes reform legislation for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as it becomes clear that the institutions are failing.

• September: Democrats in Congress forget their previous objections to GSE reforms, as Senator Dodd questions "why weren't we doing more, why did we wait almost a year before there were any significant steps taken to try to deal with this problem? … I have a lot of questions about where was the administration over the last eight years." (Dawn Kopecki, "Fannie Mae, Freddie 'House Of Cards' Prompts Takeover," Bloomberg, 9/9/08)

Why are you ignoring facts and what point did you stop reading this out of embarrassment for yourself?
I read your gish gallup. I just don't buy it. It was the Bush Crash and Obama got us out of it.
Yeah, we see you ignoring the actual facts. Go home, you are embarrassing yourself. You are ignorant as hell and what's more is you know it.
My opinion is that the chief architect of the crash was Greenspan, who was had always favored free wheeling derivatives trading and worked toward it under 4 presidents, 3 of which were republican. I associate free wheeling deregulation as a republican republican mating call, decidedly not conservative in nature, but good to make a fast dangerous buck. He got out in 2006, pretty sure he saw the writing on the wall.

It's not "the Trump crash" you blithering idiot it's a global pandemic crash. The left's TDS is off the charts. Go hide under your bed covers snowflakes.
The only question that remains, will the Trump crash be worse than the Bush crash, either way GOP presidents always crash the economy. Every single GOP president since Ted Roosevelt has crashed the economy. Notta good look...

pretty big % back then

Bush was president. Knew already, it was deregulation, championed by the republicans that led to it..

Which regulations did they remove? When?

The only question that remains, will the Trump crash be worse than the Bush crash, either way GOP presidents always crash the economy. Every single GOP president since Ted Roosevelt has crashed the economy. Notta good look...

pretty big % back then

Bush was president. Knew already, it was deregulation, championed by the republicans that led to it..

Which executive order did he sign to stop, since he knew? None. Would have been bad politically.

pretty big % back then

My opinion is that the chief architect of the crash was Greenspan, who was had always favored free wheeling derivatives trading and worked toward it under 4 presidents, 3 of which were republican. I associate free wheeling deregulation as a republican republican mating call, decidedly not conservative in nature, but good to make a fast dangerous buck. He got out in 2006, pretty sure he saw the writing on the wall.
Never said it was not bipartisan. You have not even attempted to address the number of times the democrats blatantly and deliberately ignored the warnings.

You never even considered any of those things. I know you didn't know about clinton signing the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted default swaps from regulation. You didn't even address what the Community Reinvestment Act did after Clinton rewrote it. Why? Do you know what it did? It put significant pressure to lend to low income, UNQUALIFIED buyers.

Take the time, watch the videos and comment. I will know if you have not watched it and it will be obvious why.

Then watch this one.

You didn't even address what barney frank and dodd did during their time with Frannie and Freddy.

Its embarrassing. Really. You have been wrong....for 15 years. Understand that must be hard.

pretty big % back then

Which executive order did he sign to stop, since he knew? None. Would have been bad politically.
Did you see the times your fucking congress ignored him? I spelled it out for you. Why the fuck aren't you commenting on any of it?

pretty big % back then

Which executive order did he sign to stop, since he knew?

Stop what?

.Ohhh so now you are going to try and play the "it was the democrat congress" card...
It's not a "card," you idiot. It is in the Constitution.
You're a total assheel and I don't even read the rest of whatever crap you wrote.
I know facts are kryptonite to a republican. Why would you want to know the facts, it is much easier for you to live a lie.

Being a sheep suits you perfectly, if there is some truth that you don't like, you just ignore it and turn on Fox news.
You havent presented any facts yet in this thread. All youre doing is blaming Bush for the housing market crash that was obviously caused by democrats, and blaming Trump for a fucking virus that started on the other side of the world. Your argument is childish and not well thought out.
No you just don't like the facts I have presented because they destroy you. You choose to ignore the facts and hope they will go away, like they do on fake Foxnews.

HERE ARE THE FACTS AGAIN, WITH LINKS. YOU HAVE NO FACTS.

SINCE WW2:
GDP growth under democrat presidents: 4.33%
GDP growth under GOP pres: 2.54%
Unemployment has been 18% higher under GOP presidents
Democrat presidents have seen 24.4 million more jobs created on their watch
Why does the economy do better when Democrats are in the White House?
Trump Is Right About One Thing: 'The Economy Does Better Under The Democrats'

Every single GOP president since Ted Roosevelt has had a recession, EVERY SINGLE ONE. pathetic.

Anyway you slice it, any metric you use, any numbers you use, They are all substantially better under democrat presidents. I have all the facts and all the numbers- facts are kryptonite to a republican.
You have all the excuses. You people can't take personal responsibility for anything, all you have is lame ass excuses. The GOP, the party of excuses.

You hear that, Godboy? You have been destroyed! You just listen to that fake Fox News too much, even though half the people there now are democrats and former Obama people!

You just can't argue with the facts, in the Blanker's own fact-filled fun sheet, its chart shows Reagan as having one of the best economies with Obama right at the bottom! If that doesn't prove that economies do better under Democrats, I just don't know what does!

Of course, the other obvious interpretation the Bonker won't ever concede is that a lot of Republicans end up with obstructionist Congresses like Harry Reid's Senate or Nancy's House! :21:

Never said it was not bipartisan. You have not even attempted to address the number of times the democrats blatantly and deliberately ignored the warnings.

You never even considered any of those things. I know you didn't know about clinton signing the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted default swaps from regulation. You didn't even address what the Community Reinvestment Act did after Clinton rewrote it. Why? Do you know what it did? It put significant pressure to lend to low income, UNQUALIFIED buyers.

Take the time, watch the videos and comment. I will know if you have not watched it and it will be obvious why.

Then watch this one.

You didn't even address what barney frank and dodd did during their time with Frannie and Freddy.

Its embarrassing. Really. You have been wrong....for 15 years. Understand that must be hard.

Plenty of blame for both sides, but it happened on Bush's watch. If it happens on your watch you own it. Fed bailed out Obama to jump start the economy and it slowly proceeded upward into the trump era or error, depending on how you view him. Regulation slows growth, no doubt, but is long term wise instead of quick buck foolish.

pretty big % back then

Hell, CLTC chairwoman Brooksley Born BEGGED Greenspan to regulate that toxic shit, and he refused. He would admit later to Congress that he screwed up.

Oops, sorry!

Then watch this one.

Plenty of blame for both sides, but it happened on Bush's watch. If it happens on your watch you own it. Fed bailed out Obama to jump start the economy and it slowly proceeded upward into the trump era or error, depending on how you view him. Regulation slows growth, no doubt, but is long term wise instead of quick buck foolish.

Bush's watch? Was he a king idiot? Go ahead and explain what the economy did from 2007 to 2010. Go ahead.

At the end of 2006, unemployment was at 4.6 and dow was high. Then, in 2007 the democrats took majority control. HOUSE AND SENATE!!!!!!!!!!

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY IGNORE HIM!?!?!?!

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION. GO AHEAD.

Then watch this one.

Plenty of blame for both sides, but it happened on Bush's watch.
10,000 Mexicans and 1 border agent died by "Fast and Furious" under Obama's watch.
Cash for Clunkers happened under Obama's watch.
14 trillion dollars of debt spent under Obama's watch.
ISIS was created under Obama's watch.
Ebola came to America for the 1st time ever, under Obama's watch.
Swine Flu killed 23,000 people under Obama's watch.
The most in poverty since the "War on Poverty" happened, under Obama's watch.
Largest gun sales every, making Obama the best gun salesman, under Obama's watch.
Largest income inequality in America, under Obama's watch.

Shall i continue.....

Then watch this one.

Bush's watch? Was he a king idiot? Go ahead and explain what the economy did from 2007 to 2010. Go ahead.

At the end of 2006, unemployment was at 4.6 and dow was high. Then, in 2007 the democrats took majority control. HOUSE AND SENATE!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. I'm just stating my opinion. It was Bush's crash. Donny had help destabilizing this economy from a virus, but his lying, minimizing, and hoax naming, scared the market, as the whole county knew he was clueless and had made mistakes handling and was still making mistakes that could lead to failure to contain. That spooked the market and here we are. Trump owns this one, just like the other republican presidents before him.

Apparently trolls like the one who started this don't have to worry about "the virus". They're safe in Mommy's basement and surely have a goodly stock of organic grains and toilet paper. Right there by the honeybucket. Their main problem? Telling the buckets apart!
SO cold hard facts are "trolling" according to you.

Care to explain why every single GOP pres has had a recession for the past 100 yrs. That's every single one...

Care to explain why democrat president have such incredibly higher job creation than republican?

yea you can't. Facts, they are kryptonite to a republican.

Q1: Rhetorical "questions" are tolling. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Q2: They don't.

NO "can't". Just won't. Lies and fake "facts" deserve no counter argument. They are beneath reply.

Since you trolls appear to be paid by the word, surprising you didn't post a manifesto. Overwhelmed? No script provided by your masters?

Then watch this one.

Nope. I'm just stating my opinion. It was Bush's crash. Donny had help destabilizing this economy from a virus, but his lying, minimizing, and hoax naming, scared the market, as the whole county knew he was clueless and had made mistakes handling and was still making mistakes that could lead to failure to contain. That spooked the market and here we are. Trump owns this one, just like the other republican presidents before him.

You are an ignorant loser.

Then watch this one.

Plenty of blame for both sides, but it happened on Bush's watch.
10,000 Mexicans and 1 border agent died by "Fast and Furious" under Obama's watch.
Cash for Clunkers happened under Obama's watch.
14 trillion dollars of debt spent under Obama's watch.
ISIS was created under Obama's watch.
Ebola came to America for the 1st time ever, under Obama's watch.
Swine Flu killed 23,000 people under Obama's watch.
The most in poverty since the "War on Poverty" happened, under Obama's watch.
Largest gun sales every, making Obama the best gun salesman, under Obama's watch.
Largest income inequality in America, under Obama's watch.

Shall i continue.....

Knock yourself out. Did not effect me negatively while I put my financial boat back in order after the Bush crash. Now bomb proof. Good luck with your gish gallup.

Then watch this one.

You are an ignorant loser.

Doubt if I consider you opinion much this summer while lounging by the pool, debt free. Good luck, chump.

The Trump crash will make that 10 of the last 11... Pathetic.

It's not "the Trump crash" you blithering idiot it's a global pandemic crash. The left's TDS is off the charts. Go hide under your bed covers snowflakes.

Thanks to DEMS who took control of congress Jan 2007. OH SNAP!!

Then watch this one.

I notice you totally ignored the FACTS about the brown turd, is there a reason why?

Forum List

Back