80s music still the best !!

For most people their favorite music is from their high school years and early adulthood.
Buuut, I feel sorry for today's teenagers, because today's music stinks.

In our lifetime, Trog, we've gone from wild concerts where naked women ran around giving away free love to now where kids sit at home seeing concerts on their smartphones while the bands wear masks.

Also a ton of white queer
I once drove passed a huge park and it was all white gays

Not even close
Greatest era of musical genus

Late 70s to easily 90s was great stuff

There are good and there are awful bands and artists in every decade. The 80s were no exception.

Worst Metal Bands of the '80s
  • Stryper.
  • Warrant. ...
  • Poison. ...
  • Anthrax. ...
  • WASP. ...
  • Twisted Sister. ...
  • Def Leppard. ...
  • Tesla. Christ, these guys were awful, and they have so much to teach about what not to do. ...
  • Nitro
  • #1 worst - Winger

Not even close
Greatest era of musical genus

Late 70s to easily 90s was great stuff

There are good and there are awful bands and artists in every decade. The 80s were no exception.

Worst Metal Bands of the '80s
  • Stryper.
  • Warrant. ...
  • Poison. ...
  • Anthrax. ...
  • WASP. ...
  • Twisted Sister. ...
  • Def Leppard. ...
  • Tesla. Christ, these guys were awful, and they have so much to teach about what not to do. ...
  • Nitro
  • #1 worst - Winger
Def L had several huge hits
I saw them in concert twice last year
They are good

The rest, you mentioned , do suck

I wish some of these guys would just retire. That said, a cool show to set a timer on is Live from Daryl's House on AXS. He still sounds like he does in the 80s and he has other old (and young) guys over to jam. Watched this one last night. Billy is still cool.

To me, its the best because my two of my late favorite singers were still on top of the country music world then.

Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys (Hit #1 with "Gonna Take A Lot Of River" in 1988)
Billy Joe Royal (Hit #2 with "Tell It Like It Is" in 1989)

Also, the best singing that I have ever heard was done that decade through my most favorite singer. I love actor Bronson Pinchot SO much!!! This is him in 1989. His singing begins at the 7:40 mark of the clip. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Can somebody please strap a muzzle on the munchkin sitting next to him for me?

Last edited:
50’s through 70’s.

Like everything else, we Boomers had the best of everything.

Forum List

Back