80% of employees jobs will be impacted by GPT style AI

You interpret everything with leftist vision, when in fact everything I post is warnings if we don't open our eye's to see the light. After everything that's happened or is going bad in this COUNTRY, you still sit there trying to judge wrongfully your fellow patriot's. You are a sick man, but of course you are, so get help because you show yourself to be an apologetic for leftist in a lot of your post.

89ffa0fab9b0832d8a4b2bfde6dce85b.gif

AI will make life easier and create more jobs for people not less. This country has had business cycles that have always added jobs. Even while business is more organized and efficient than ever there are more jobs than ever.

• Colonial period -Farming and trade
  • Industrial Revolution - Mechanized production
  • Production era - Efficiency
  • Marketing era - Branding, demand generation
  • Digitalization era - Computing power to drive decision making
  • ??? AI era??? who knows but there will always be the opportunity to add services or products

AI will make life easier and create more jobs for people not less. This country has had business cycles that have always added jobs. Even while business is more organized and efficient than ever there are more jobs than ever.

• ??? AI era??? who knows but there will always be the opportunity to add services or products

Dude, you are going to squash their panic high with this sort of logic.

The experts don't agree...

ChatGPT explained that while it might impact certain jobs, AI technology will also create new job opportunities in fields like data science, machine learning and natural language processing.

Rayid Ghani, a professor of AI and an expert in ethics, fairness, equity, and AI regulation at Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College, warned that the negative impact on the job market will still be significant.

"It does make processes more efficient, which means people are going to lose jobs and yes, it will create new jobs, but those jobs are not at the same scale as the jobs lost," he said.

Last edited:
I work with AI daily and it is so far from taking over task that requires any sort of intuition. You will notice that data analysis is not on their list as we already use it for the grunt work only.
The article in the post above, derived from a report by Goldman Sachs on the effects of AI on global employment, specifically lists data analysis...

'Specifically, tasks that involve repetitive or manual labor might eventually become automated with the help of language models like ChatGPT, which the program itself could lead "to a decrease in the number of jobs available in those fields."

AI will be able to automate the process of data analysis, which could reduce the need for manual entry and processing, optimize shipping and delivery routes, automate manufacturing and assembly lines, computerize many human accounting tasks and assist with legal research and analysis.'

Last edited:
lol it's going to be 'interesting times' for the next generation as the billionaires and oligarchs no longer need all these annoying uppity proles to do their drudge work for them any more. Waasn't but a couple of months ago right wingers were gloating over how all the service jobs are going to be automated cuz all the proles want to be able to eat and pay rent n stuff, now they're going to automate the upper wage brackets out first. Seems they don't think all the 'skilled professionals' are productive enough and are grossly overpaid and lazy as well .

The article in the post above, derived from a report by Goldman Sachs on the effects of AI on global employment, specifically lists data analysis...

'Specifically, tasks that involve repetitive or manual labor might eventually become automated with the help of language models like ChatGPT, which the program itself could lead "to a decrease in the number of jobs available in those fields."

AI will be able to automate the process of data analysis, which could reduce the need for manual entry and processing, optimize shipping and delivery routes, automate manufacturing and assembly lines, computerize many human accounting tasks and assist with legal research and analysis.'

'GIGO' comes to mind.

The experts don't agree...

ChatGPT explained that while it might impact certain jobs, AI technology will also create new job opportunities in fields like data science, machine learning and natural language processing.

Rayid Ghani, a professor of AI and an expert in ethics, fairness, equity, and AI regulation at Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College, warned that the negative impact on the job market will still be significant.

"It does make processes more efficient, which means people are going to lose jobs and yes, it will create new jobs, but those jobs are not at the same scale as the jobs lost," he said.

He is an ethics expert not an economist. I am more of an expert on employment. Just saying.

A bunch of higher-ups just signed a letter asking for a six month pause in AI development, with many more saying that's not nearly close to enough of a pause.

Time article I read this morning says AI is probably the end of humanity. That's probably hyperbolic, but count me as not excited about this.

No one has anything to fear from GPT.

This is just leftard scaremongering, that's all.

Look at the prof's credentials - "expert in AI regulation". What kind of asinine bullshit is that? Look around, do you see any AI regulation? Of course not. Because there's nothing to regulate.

Those who are serious about this issue, aren't concerned with AI. They're concerned with a branch of engineering called cybernetics. Whose notable contributors include people like Norbert Wiener and Ross Ashby.

I know all about AI. The short story is, there isn't any. They're still trying to get there. There's no there there, yet.

I thought it would be blue collar workers that would be the ones first impacted by the oncoming wave of AI in employment tasks. The truck drivers, taxi drivers, forklift drivers and heavy equipment operators.

But no...looks like the white collar is first in line to take a drubbing from AI...because the white collar replacement by AI will require little to no expensive single task hardware...like automated cars, trucks and heavy equipment...and little to no exposure to costly liability from an equipment failure related accident.

"A new research paper claims that a staggering amount of employees could see their careers impacted by the rise of ChatGPT, a shockingly intelligent chatbot released in November.

They also found that about 19 percent of workers may find at least 50 percent of their duties impacted by GPT, or General-purpose technologies.

Researchers also found that higher-income jobs will likely have greater exposure to GPT, but that it will span across almost all industries.

Cool. The 30 hour work week is just around the corner.

I thought it would be blue collar workers that would be the ones first impacted by the oncoming wave of AI in employment tasks. The truck drivers, taxi drivers, forklift drivers and heavy equipment operators.

But no...looks like the white collar is first in line to take a drubbing from AI...because the white collar replacement by AI will require little to no expensive single task hardware...like automated cars, trucks and heavy equipment...and little to no exposure to costly liability from an equipment failure related accident.

"A new research paper claims that a staggering amount of employees could see their careers impacted by the rise of ChatGPT, a shockingly intelligent chatbot released in November.

They also found that about 19 percent of workers may find at least 50 percent of their duties impacted by GPT, or General-purpose technologies.

Researchers also found that higher-income jobs will likely have greater exposure to GPT, but that it will span across almost all industries.

Half as much work is fine as long as it comes with twice as much pay cause you know they are gonna fill the void with meetings and more corporate jingoism like "synergy" and "interfacing"

I've done a lot of thinking about AI over the years and wondered how it will be able to mimic the human brain in certain circumstances.

For instance, the name Sean Bean. Why is Sean Bean pronounced "Shawn Bean" and not "Shawn Bawn" or "Sheen Bean", and how do I know that?

Another example: I was shopping at a Kroger store called Frey Meyer. I had a coupon for Challenge Butter, but none of that brand was in the dairy cooler. So I looked around and saw one clerk nearby in the pasta aisle stocking shelves, and I saw another guy putting milk in the milk section farther away.

I knew to approach the milk guy, even though he was farther away.

When I asked the dairy guy about the coupon I had for Challenge Butter, he said, "We are subbing Fred Meyer". Even though I had never heard that sentence before I understood he meant they were allowing customers to substitute the Fred Meyer brand of butter for the coupon for the Challenge Butter.

Imagine all the human-like reasoning AI would have to do in order to navigate that situation.

Because of this, I think humans will have to become more machine-like in their thinking as much as AI is going to have to become more human-like in its thinking.

Speaking of trannies...

Why did Amazon and Apple give their machine assistants genders? Alexa and Siri.

What if AI gets to the point that one day Siri starts insisting we call her Bob?

I work with AI daily and it is so far from taking over task that requires any sort of intuition. You will notice that data analysis is not on their list as we already use it for the grunt work only.
Yeah. My kid is a data scientist and he uses GPT to help write code in python language.

I guess he just types in what he wants the code to do and it displays it and he just goes back and does some tweaking so it does what he wants.

Wild stuff.

Bull shite..

If your job can be done by a glorified search engine, then you must not have had a very important job.

Forum List

Back