75 years ago Marines gearing up for Iwo Jima

Iwo Jima and Okinawa were needed, this whining and complaining 75 years later is a by apologists and liars I bet most of you complaining claim the atomic bombs were not needed either. That magically Japan wanted to surrender when all they ever offered was a cease fire and return to 41 start lines.
We discuss every Civil War battle from Bull Run to Gettysburg. We discuss Custer and the Little Big Horn but somehow people who have apparently lost the ability to argue about history consider it "whining" when we criticize WW2 battles (mostly) in the Pacific. Seventy five years ago they are still fighting and dying. The battle that began a week after Valentines day will go on past the first day of Spring.

Last edited:
Iwo Jima and Okinawa were needed, this whining and complaining 75 years later is a by apologists and liars I bet most of you complaining claim the atomic bombs were not needed either. That magically Japan wanted to surrender when all they ever offered was a cease fire and return to 41 start lines.
We discuss every Civil War battle from Bull Run to Gettysburg. We discuss Custer and the Little Big Horn but somehow people who have apparently lost the ability to argue about history consider it "whining" when we criticize WW2 battles (mostly) in the Pacific. Seventy five years ago they are still fighting and dying. The battle that began a week after Valentines day will go on past the first day of Spring.
You made an asinine claim, I called you on it and you doubled down.

You don't get to argue a historic event by using the words "asinine claim" past the 7th grade.

You don't get to argue a historic event by using the words "asinine claim" past the 7th grade.
LOL you can not prove your point. THE FACT is THOUSANDS of airman WERE saved by those airfields. Hell bombers were landing on Iwo before the battle was even over.

We were all fat and happy when I posted the thread back on Feb. 15. For some historic context the battle is still ongoing with the result still in doubt.

Forum List

Back