7.5" of rain in 24hrs, then snow. Welcome to Virginia!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Between 9am yesterday and 0600 we got 7.5" of rain in some places (5.6" here) from that system that tornado'd Tennessee.

It was dang near 60* yesterday and this morning there was a couple inches of wet snow on the ground with schools delayed two hours. The snow is pretty much gone now.

Lived here all my life and the weather swings at times never ceases to amaze me but I figured as much what with the temps dropping like a rock when the wind switched to the WSW before went to bed....Looks like it got down to 26*.

I'm impressed ...and I'm from Western Oregon ... it's very rare to get half that much in 21 hours ...

Normally we get 1/4 an inch per day ... just every day ... it adds up over the course of a year ... a foot a month ...

Between 9am yesterday and 0600 we got 7.5" of rain in some places (5.6" here) from that system that tornado'd Tennessee.

It was dang near 60* yesterday and this morning there was a couple inches of wet snow on the ground with schools delayed two hours. The snow is pretty much gone now.

Lived here all my life and the weather swings at times never ceases to amaze me but I figured as much what with the temps dropping like a rock when the wind switched to the WSW before went to bed....Looks like it got down to 26*.

AGW Chart

Warming = Global Warming
Cooling = Climate Change
Believe the above = Full fledged member of the AGWCult
Questioning the above = Denier, DENIER, DENIER!!!

AGW Chart

Warming = Global Warming
Cooling = Climate Change
Believe the above = Full fledged member of the AGWCult
Questioning the above = Denier, DENIER, DENIER!!!
I guess it's easier to be a denier when I've seen the same thing happen several times whilst living the same area near 70 years.

LOL....I bet the yankee transplants wondered WTF and ran around with their hair on fire and the ass a-catching yelling "climate change"!

Forum List

Back