6th Circuit Federal Appeals Court Gives Thumb's Up to States' Choice on Gay Marriage

Should the definition of marriage be up to the states?

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Thursday, November 06, 2014 5:05 p.m. EST Reuters) - A federal appeals court on Thursday bucked a recent trend of pro-gay marriage decisions by upholding state bans or restrictions in Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee, pressuring the U.S. Supreme Court to take up the issue.
The 2-1 ruling, by the Cincinnati-based 6th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, is the first ruling by a federal appeals court that upholds bans on same-sex marriage. Gay marriage advocates said they would immediately seek U.S. Supreme Court review. Appeals court upholds gay marriage bans reversing trend - News - 1450 WHTC Holland s News Leader

That's not quite true. I hate it when the LGBT machine suppresses the truth..

In Puerto Rico October 22, 2014..

Gay marriage may be sweeping the nation, but in Puerto Rico it remains against the law.
A federal district judge late Tuesday rejected the reasoning used in at least 14 other decisions and said his hands were tied by a 1972 Supreme Court ruling that upheld a Minnesota same-sex marriage ban "for want of a substantial federal question."
"This court is bound by decisions of the Supreme Court that are directly on point," District Court Judge Juan Pérez-Giménez ruled. "Only the Supreme Court may exercise the prerogative of overruling its own decisions." Puerto Rico judge upholds gay marriage ban

Discuss

Last edited:
is the first ruling by a federal appeals court that upholds bans on same-sex marriage.

Another demonstration of your keen understanding of the judicial system there Sil?

The truth is, and this has nothing to do with LGBT, you demonstrate you don't know the difference between a District Court and a Circuit Court of Appeals.

>>>>

Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe I mistook the headline. It said that the 6th upheld the bans on so-called "gay marriage" in Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee

In answer to the poll, of course not.

Marriage is not the business of government, local or national.

If its between consenting adults and harms no one, MYOB.

So why do those same consenting adults suddenly need a piece of paper from government to be legitimate?

Why hasnt this thread been merged with the other on the same topic?

So why do those same consenting adults suddenly need a piece of paper from government to be legitimate?

Why hasnt this thread been merged with the other on the same topic?
Where's the other thread?

"6th Circuit Federal Appeals Court Gives Thumb's Up to States' Choice on Gay Marriage"

Yes, we've already heard the good news in at least two other threads.

On to the Supreme Court with five justices inclined to reaffirm already settled and accepted 14th Amendment jurisprudence safeguarding the right of gay Americans to equal protection of the law.

"6th Circuit Federal Appeals Court Gives Thumb's Up to States' Choice on Gay Marriage"

On to the Supreme Court with five justices inclined to reaffirm already settled and accepted 14th Amendment jurisprudence safeguarding the right of gay Americans to equal protection of the law.
Well then it's just going to be a matter of "the Five" going through the motions as a formality. Even though case law supports choice in gay marriage by the states, not the fed.

Behaviors, just some, glommed together as-cult that are repugnant to the majority cannot set a new precedent for behavioral minorities of all walks that are repugnant to the majority also getting to dictate to the majority.

Then there's the issue of ripping away from the states the right to disincentivize a situation where children in the home will be missing one of their blood parents 100% of the time...and missing the example modeled of the opposite gender of their "parents" 100% of the time. States will be forced to incentivize situations where children will be thusly affected?

What behaviors will come next? And why should we reject them? I'm looking for an objective legal argument here for anyone who dares to answer that question. Because that's what the "Supremes" will be looking for too. And this time perhaps they'll look a little deeper into "thinking about the children" than the usual :boohoo:sympathy play that alternates with tantrums, depending on the venue (theater can be so draining).

This time they should REALLY focus on the kids. Look really deep into where that's heading.

And they can start with the parades, the Harvey Milk thing and the lesbians in California drugging their son with female hormones so that he can "better choose if he wants to be a girl later". I hope they have a great insurance plan for the decades of psychotherapy that young man/amputee will need when the child abuse culminates in "APA/AMA-approved" butchery..

Yes SCOTUS think of the children..Please!

Thursday, November 06, 2014 5:05 p.m. EST Reuters) - A federal appeals court on Thursday bucked a recent trend of pro-gay marriage decisions by upholding state bans or restrictions in Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee, pressuring the U.S. Supreme Court to take up the issue.
The 2-1 ruling, by the Cincinnati-based 6th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, is the first ruling by a federal appeals court that upholds bans on same-sex marriage. Gay marriage advocates said they would immediately seek U.S. Supreme Court review. Appeals court upholds gay marriage bans reversing trend - News - 1450 WHTC Holland s News Leader

Discuss

I hate it when the homophobic machine suppresses the truth.

i.e.- every post you make in which the topic is homosexuals.

?

Because that is how a married couple becomes legally legitimately married- that is how my wife and my marriage became legitimate.

Without that piece of paper you are, in the words of that famous harlot- just shacking up.

Well then it's just going to be a matter of "the Five" going through the motions as a formality. Even though case law supports choice in gay marriage by the states, not the fed.!

I have to say, that I wasn't entirely confident about the case going to the Supreme Court.

But considering your legal analysis has been 100% incorrect so far, I am now much more confident that the Supreme Court will agree with the majority of courts and Appellate courts that have found that laws against same gender marriage are unconstitutional.

Thank you.

Gay marriage may be sweeping the nation, but in Puerto Rico it remains against the law.
A federal district judge late Tuesday rejected the reasoning used in at least 14 other decisions and said his hands were tied by a 1972 Supreme Court ruling that upheld a Minnesota same-sex marriage ban "for want of a substantial federal question."
"This court is bound by decisions of the Supreme Court that are directly on point," District Court Judge Juan Pérez-Giménez ruled. "Only the Supreme Court may exercise the prerogative of overruling its own decisions." Puerto Rico judge upholds gay marriage ban

Discuss
The supreme court ruled on this already, or the lack there of. They said it's up to the states.

Discuss
The supreme court ruled on this already, or the lack there of. They said it's up to the states.
So far they've 'said" it's up to courts actually.

Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe I mistook the headline. It said that the 6th upheld the bans on so-called "gay marriage" in Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee
When the SC rules against you Sil, and they will, what then?
To late they already spoke on this issue Remember last month?
Last month they "said" the lower courts got it right. Now they have an issue, a lower court got it wrong.
They said it's a state issue you fucking moron.

Forum List

Back